• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

Using my brothers Macbook, I got a little further! But still no cigar.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I realized my problem earlier must've been linux, as I kept getting an error message. So as it was a Mac/Linux utility, I decided I'd try it on a Mac.

My phone is in AP Fastboot at the moment, connected to the laptop. I've been stuck on "sending 'mbm' (512kb) for 15 minutes now, and I know it should only take a fraction of a second.

Fragmentation at its best, eh? Killed the terminal and restarted my phone, here are my specs:

System Version: 6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.
Android Version: 2.3.6
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-g65de91d
qgd748@il93lnxdroid10 #1

Build number:
6.5.1-167_DHD-14_M3-8

I think I'll try to borrow a Windows laptop and see if I can get it working that way. Thanks!

My bad, I told you I'd give you the right utility based on your operating info, then told you the wrong one! It should be 1.71; however, there is a specific Linux version. I'll post the link in a bit.
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#22 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

Okay, the OP is the one that wyld referenced for .173. It shouldn't make a difference if you are on .181, you should be able to flash to .211 directly because the utility is installing a stock .181 build onto your device regardless of existing setup, provided that it's GB. You also MUST have the blur .211 file installed on your external SD card (as mentioned before, it's called .181, but is actually the .211 upgrade).

Many of the links are dead, but I have the files and (I think) a link on dev-host for it. Unfortunately, I'm not able to get in there right now, password is failing and the system is slow in generating a temp. I'll post the files there and a link here when I do.
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#23 Creath

Creath

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

Thank you for all if your help stealthmouse, but i ended up just getting a windows laptop and doing it that way. Process went smooth, no hitches. I'm running ics now!

Next step: cyanogenmod!
Spoiler

#24 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

Thank you for all if your help stealthmouse, but i ended up just getting a windows laptop and doing it that way. Process went smooth, no hitches. I'm running ics now!

Next step: cyanogenmod!

Spoiler

Glad it worked. It is a much simpler process on PC.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users