297 replies to this topic

#201 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts
  • Google+:Lownslow200sx
  • LocationRocky Mount, NC
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, OG Razor, Nexus 7 (2012)

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

I want to flash a couple differently themed inverted GApps. They are from the JusTunBean Aroma installer but I cannot get that to install. I was wondering how I would go about manually flashing the APKs correctly.

Also, thanks for taking the time to produce a great ROM for us! I really appreciate the hard work you put in.

What I would do is extract his inverted gapps to a folder on your desktop, then name the apk files to the match mine, then transfer all files to SDcard-ext then move them to system/app it will prompt you "would you like to replace xxxxx.apk" hit ok then set permissions for each apk you replaced, then reboot to safestrap recovery and wipe cache and dalvik, reboot and you should be good,

JXGM6Ej.png

#202 TMadd8

TMadd8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

What I would do is extract his inverted gapps to a folder on your desktop, then name the apk files to the match mine, then transfer all files to SDcard-ext then move them to system/app it will prompt you "would you like to replace xxxxx.apk" hit ok then set permissions for each apk you replaced, then reboot to safestrap recovery and wipe cache and dalvik, reboot and you should be good,

Thank you! I did this for GMail, Email, Google Now, and Contacts. It looks like Google Now is the only one that changed in appearance, though. I can't figure out why Gmail, Email, and Contacts didn't change over. I'll look into it more.
  • lownslow200sx likes this

#203 undagullu

undagullu

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

Great rom. my new fav. fast, great bootup. Thanks brofist

#204 TMadd8

TMadd8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

I'm still unable to switch those few gapps. I have another question, though. Is it easy to mod the lockscreen slider to revert the icon back to the padlock and have the sparkling dots colored white like the original. I'm sure many people like the fingerprint and the blue dots, but I still prefer the original, stock look. Thanks in advance.

#205 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Just updated OP, LiCoRiCe 1.4 is now available. :D
  • randomcold, nin, gautamrao and 1 other like this

JXGM6Ej.png

#206 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

I'm still unable to switch those few gapps. I have another question, though. Is it easy to mod the lockscreen slider to revert the icon back to the padlock and have the sparkling dots colored white like the original. I'm sure many people like the fingerprint and the blue dots, but I still prefer the original, stock look. Thanks in advance.

Yeah no problem, I can get a flashable mod put together as soon I get some free time.
  • 85gallon likes this

JXGM6Ej.png

#207 gautamrao

gautamrao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Aargh! Torn about whether to flash this. 1.3 works so great, and a full wipe takes hours out of my life.

#208 TMadd8

TMadd8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Yeah no problem, I can get a flashable mod put together as soon I get some free time.

That would be great! I'm trying out the new 1.4 now.. seems smooth so far.

#209 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

Just updated OP, LiCoRiCe 1.4 is now available.

+1

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#210 randomcold

randomcold

I'm a virus waiting to happen.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa, Alabama

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

Appreciate the update, 1.3 had a A+ in my book.

#211 dxearner

dxearner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

Updated to 1.4 and things are working great. The only issue I am running into that was present on 1.3 is Google Now and Maps not setting location services turned on. Enabled location from the dropdown, checked settings, and both are selected. Google Now indicates that I need to turn on location services, and Google Maps indicates to turn on GPS. Will try cleaning GPS cache with GPS Status app, any other ideas?

Thanks again

Confirmed GPS works, but Google Now is still not seeing location services on:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Also, Maps is telling me I need to enable GPS, however when I close out of the dialog box, it locks on immediately using internal GPS.

#212 irmoeuphoz

irmoeuphoz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

Thanks again for your amazing work. both 1.3 and 1.4 have been complete champs and run amazingly smooth!

#213 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 Verizon

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

this rom looks awesome just wonder about the camera and flash does that work or is there a 3rd party app i can use

#214 TMadd8

TMadd8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

this rom looks awesome just wonder about the camera and flash does that work or is there a 3rd party app i can use

You can use Camera Zoom FX (this is what I use, and LOVE it) or Camera360. These are just the two I have tested that have had success with Licorice; there may be other apps that also work. Camera Zoom FX is great but it is only available as a paid app. It is occasionally featured in Play Store sales, though. If you choose to use this app, the flash setting should be set to Torch mode in order to work flawlessly for flash capability.

Edit: The stock camera works, however its flash capability does not work properly (the flash is delayed so that the camera shoots the picture before/after the flash is active instead of at the same time).
  • james and TheDr1ver like this

#215 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

You can use Camera Zoom FX (this is what I use, and LOVE it) or Camera360. These are just the two I have tested that have had success with Licorice; there may be other apps that also work. Camera Zoom FX is great but it is only available as a paid app. It is occasionally featured in Play Store sales, though. If you choose to use this app, the flash setting should be set to Torch mode in order to work flawlessly for flash capability.

Edit: The stock camera works, however its flash capability does not work properly (the flash is delayed so that the camera shoots the picture before/after the flash is active instead of at the same time).

Thanks

#216 james

james

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Locationsouthern cali

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

how come rom toolbox pro doesnt find any of my backups for my apps

#217 TheDr1ver

TheDr1ver

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Google+:Aryk Meyer

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

on 1.3 anyones lte mysteriously stop working overnight? downloading 1.4 now but at work so wont be able to flash till later

#218 TheDr1ver

TheDr1ver

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

how come rom toolbox pro doesnt find any of my backups for my apps

the standard phone save location is now set to the external SD, copy your files in the 'App-Manager' folder from the internal to external and it will be fine =)

#219 TheDr1ver

TheDr1ver

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

+1

#220 somefknguy

somefknguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

on 1.3 anyones lte mysteriously stop working overnight? downloading 1.4 now but at work so wont be able to flash till later

I've had that happen a few times now. Reboot fixed it. For a while the phone would switch 4g on and off once every 2-3 seconds and refused to pass any traffic. Haven't yet tried 1.4 tho

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: JellyBean, CM10, 4.1.1, overclock, inverted

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users