297 replies to this topic

#221 dxearner

dxearner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

Updated to 1.4 and things are working great. The only issue I am running into that was present on 1.3 is Google Now and Maps not setting location services turned on. Enabled location from the dropdown, checked settings, and both are selected. Google Now indicates that I need to turn on location services, and Google Maps indicates to turn on GPS. Will try cleaning GPS cache with GPS Status app, any other ideas?

Thanks again

Confirmed GPS works, but Google Now is still not seeing location services on:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Also, Maps is telling me I need to enable GPS, however when I close out of the dialog box, it locks on immediately using internal GPS.

Just tested AOKP version and had the same issue. To see if it was a hardware issue, I flashed Simplex 1.3 (ICS based), and then flashed a standalone zip of Google Now from XDA, and it worked. One thing I did notice between the two, on ICS I get a prompt asking would I give location permission to Google after selecting to opt in from Google Now (even when location services were one before), on Licorice did not get that prompt after I opted in, and then just fails to launch saying I need to enable location services. Important to note, this was testing with the same Google Account so it was not an account privacy issue between the two.

#222 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts
  • Google+:Lownslow200sx
  • LocationRocky Mount, NC
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, OG Razor, Nexus 7 (2012)

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

Just tested AOKP version and had the same issue. To see if it was a hardware issue, I flashed Simplex 1.3 (ICS based), and then flashed a standalone zip of Google Now from XDA, and it worked. One thing I did notice between the two, on ICS I get a prompt asking would I give location permission to Google after selecting to opt in from Google Now (even when location services were one before), on Licorice did not get that prompt after I opted in, and then just fails to launch saying I need to enable location services. Important to note, this was testing with the same Google Account so it was not an account privacy issue between the two.

Sorry I haven't got back to you I have been at work now for about 32 hours now and two of those hours was to catch a quick nap, I haven't been able to test anything yet but If you are having the issue on both builds but no issues with ICS I would say it may be an issue with jelly bean or the GPS config file I altered. Once I get off and get some rest I'll run it though some test. Again i'm sorry for the delayed response.

JXGM6Ej.png

#223 dxearner

dxearner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

No apologies needed. We are grateful for work you have done. Let me know if you need me to test anything.

Get some rest.

#224 creepinghard

creepinghard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Google+:creepinghard

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

I updated and didn't do a wipe. Google now works most of the time just like it did before, once in a while its takes a little while to start up when using voice search. My only issues are not having my picasa synced in my galery like it did in ics and also facebook contacts are not in my contacts and dont sync. very minor. great work!

#225 dxearner

dxearner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

I updated and didn't do a wipe. Google now works most of the time just like it did before, once in a while its takes a little while to start up when using voice search. My only issues are not having my picasa synced in my galery like it did in ics and also facebook contacts are not in my contacts and dont sync. very minor. great work!

By Google Now working, do you see a message about location services being off if you click the search captivate button on the homescreen? Voice search for me still works, but the card generation portion is what is not.

#226 somefknguy

somefknguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

not a bug per say, but an annoyance none the less. Every other version you've released(including the AOKP when i tried it) synced apps as well as contacts, upon wiping and reinstalling with 1.4 it didn't auto-sync and redownload the apps. not an issue really just a bit disappointing, i really got used to having the apps re-install for me! loving the rom regardless!

#227 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

I would like to apologize for my absence in the forums for the past couple of days, the company I work for is in the process of changing ownership and as the manager I have been in several meetings, and pulling a lot of overtime, but once everything settles down I will be back to answering questions, fixing bugs and updating the rom. Again i'm sorry for unanswered questions but I should be available soon.
  • weaponx and inssane like this

JXGM6Ej.png

#228 inssane

inssane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

Couple questions...
About the notification drawer - is there no blur on this or something? I can't end calls from the drop down, nor can I skip a track in gmusic like I was able to in ICS.

#229 TMadd8

TMadd8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Couple questions...
About the notification drawer - is there no blur on this or something? I can't end calls from the drop down, nor can I skip a track in gmusic like I was able to in ICS.

As far as I can tell, there are no MotoBlur features included in this ROM. You should be able to end calls and access Google Music controls (previous track, play/pause, next track) straight from the notification shade, though. The notifications may not be expanded in your case. To do so, swipe downwards with two fingers starting from the notification you want to expand. This reveals the extended controls you're referring to.

#230 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

I had a few minutes to play while on lunch so I threw something together for you guys, I have added the Android 4.2 Keyboard with swipe and the Android 4.2 Clock to post #2 of the original OP. Keep in mind that flashing these mods will remove the original keyboard and desk clock app.
  • weaponx and bjoestanley like this

JXGM6Ej.png

#231 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

I've been playing with this ROM for a couple of days now since I am down with a cold. I have to say it is smooth as can be. I haven't tested all the features but the battery life is pretty amazing to be oc'd. SS 3.05 makes it so easy for me to switch from this rom over to Ikream so I can use my lapdock. Keep up the great work.

Rockin' it with my Maxx, iKream and T-Talk
  • lownslow200sx likes this

#232 TMadd8

TMadd8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

I just wanted to report that I am experiencing some horrible lag spikes. It isn't consistent, but it is really slow when it happens. I am wondering if I have a bad app or something. A fresh install did not fix it (I installed all of my old apps right away, though). Any suggestions?

#233 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

I just wanted to report that I am experiencing some horrible lag spikes. It isn't consistent, but it is really slow when it happens. I am wondering if I have a bad app or something. A fresh install did not fix it (I installed all of my old apps right away, though). Any suggestions?

Could be a rogue app. Try installing them individually instead of all at once to see what happens. I have not been using the ROM a long time, but I do not see any lag whatsoever.

Rockin' it with SS3.05,Ikream 2.9, Licorice CM10 and Tapatalk

#234 churchmouth

churchmouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/leftspin
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

I'm getting the same thing, not often but when it happens it's really bad. I noticed it happens more when the battery is low.

#235 TMadd8

TMadd8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

I'm getting the same thing, not often but when it happens it's really bad. I noticed it happens more when the battery is low.

I don't usually run my battery lower than 30% but this happens regardless of battery level. I tried flashing an ICS ROM and had similar issues so I'm not sure if it's a mutual ROM issue or if it's just my device. I suspect the former.

#236 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

The only lag I have noticed is when plugged in to a PC as mass storage it will lag hard but that is an issue related to CM10/AOKP itself, but you may be experiencing stability issues with it being overclocked, some phones have no issues where others just cant handle it. I would recommend re-flashing and wiping everything and run it for a while without installing any other apps to see if its an issue related to the Rom or if its a specific app giving you problems. Also you can try going into Rom toolbox and set max CPU frequency to 1000MHz and see if it a stability issue from being overclocked.

JXGM6Ej.png

#237 TMadd8

TMadd8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

The only lag I have noticed is when plugged in to a PC as mass storage it will lag hard but that is an issue related to CM10/AOKP itself, but you may be experiencing stability issues with it being overclocked, some phones have no issues where others just cant handle it. I would recommend re-flashing and wiping everything and run it for a while without installing any other apps to see if its an issue related to the Rom or if its a specific app giving you problems. Also you can try going into Rom toolbox and set max CPU frequency to 1000MHz and see if it a stability issue from being overclocked.

Thanks, Doug (Hope you don't mind me referring to you this way). I appreciate the direct support from you. I'm going to try this. I always noticed a delayed connection with the USB mass storage as you said. I don't mind this but I do mind the seemingly random extreme lag spikes that occur when using the device for more than, say, 5min straight. This is a major issue for me, and I don't remember experiencing it during the first few days with Licorice (1.3). Thanks again for staying active with us, man! Even updating us about why you haven't been active means a lot.

#238 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Thanks, Doug (Hope you don't mind me referring to you this way). I appreciate the direct support from you. I'm going to try this. I always noticed a delayed connection with the USB mass storage as you said. I don't mind this but I do mind the seemingly random extreme lag spikes that occur when using the device for more than, say, 5min straight. This is a major issue for me, and I don't remember experiencing it during the first few days with Licorice (1.3). Thanks again for staying active with us, man! Even updating us about why you haven't been active means a lot.

I don't mind anyone referring to me as Doug that's fine, its easier than (Lownslow200sx) :)

I am going to go back and check a few things I changed in this build that I thought where issues with overclocking in the last build to see if that fixes the any lag issues. The testers and I never experienced any lag but its hard to say sense I am always testing something new and reboot every 5 seconds :D

JXGM6Ej.png

#239 TMadd8

TMadd8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

I don't mind anyone referring to me as Doug that's fine, its easier than (Lownslow200sx) :)

I am going to go back and check a few things I changed in this build that I thought where issues with overclocking in the last build to see if that fixes the any lag issues. The testers and I never experienced any lag but its hard to say sense I am always testing something new and reboot every 5 seconds :D

Sounds great! If you need any help/testing, don't hesitate to PM me. I have a lot of faith and respect for your work. I used to work on somewhat similar projects (years ago) for the PSP and I have a lot of knowledge of computer-related subjects. I am loving this ROM and would gladly contribute any assistance I can.

#240 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Sounds great! If you need any help/testing, don't hesitate to PM me. I have a lot of faith and respect for your work. I used to work on somewhat similar projects (years ago) for the PSP and I have a lot of knowledge of computer-related subjects. I am loving this ROM and would gladly contribute any assistance I can.

I can always use more testers, and help is always appreciated especially in situations like I'm going through now with me stuck at work 7 days a week.

JXGM6Ej.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: JellyBean, CM10, 4.1.1, overclock, inverted

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users