Photo

Obsidian's for JB OTA /UPDATE/FXZ/RSD/ROMS/ROOT(wip)/Threads/Guides/SafeStrap/***

bionic ics leak rom safestrap obsidian root

• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

#1 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts
  • Twitter:@Obsidian_22

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

Everything Available for .98.72.22 JB and .246 ICS

**Tools Needed for 98.72.22 JB**

**6.7.246 to 98.72.22** JB OTA Update (Must be installed in STOCK RECOVERY while running stock ,rooted or not, .246)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

MD5: 5c0dbb6adaa5bacd662f3e8879b3795e

**98.72.22 FXZ Link**To be used with RSD Lite(Will Format Internal Memory)

Link with modified .XML file so it flashes in RSD Lite by Freddy0872 -- 

**House of Bionic (HoB) Support Threads For Updating** by SamuriHL

**Motorola Drivers/Device Manager/Motocast** for Windows and Mac OS

**Tools Needed for .246 ICS**

**5.9.905 to 6.7.246** OTA Update (Must be installed in STOCK RECOVERY while running stock ,rooted or not, 905)

**6.7.246 FXZ Link**To be used with RSD Lite(Will Format Internal Memory)

**Motorola Drivers/Device Manager/Motocast** for Windows and Mac OS

**RAZR Edge Root Method for .246 only** BY DjrBliss

**Safestrap v3.11** By Hashcode0f

**Sexy Android Files** Inverted Gapps and Apps/Motorola Drivers/Razrs Edge Root Tool/RSD Lite 5.7/

**Noob Tool** by SPJester

**Noob Tool** by SPJester

• Thach, mhous33, johnlgalt and 6 others like this
OG ---------> DX ----------> Bionic

#2 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

**Roms**

**98.72.22 JB Roms** Only Flash w/ .22 JB

[Rom][Port] Carbon by DHacker29

Thread:

Download:

Gapps:

[Rom] Deodexed .22

Thread Link:

Download Link:

or

[Rom][Official] CM10.1 & CM10.1.0 [4.2.2] by DHacker & Hashcode0f Updated(Nightlies)**

Download:

Gapps:

Changelog:

***Backed Yourself Into A Corner?***

++House of Bionic++ by SamuriHL ... Get to any ICS Leak without loosing data. Including OTA support (246)

++Safestrap-Bootstrap-Kexec-How-To's-Q&A-&-Downloads ++ by Freddy0872

++My Identical Thread++ at Romdroidhacks.com

++My Identical Thread++at Rootzwiki.com ***

***In The Mood To Mod Your Bionic***

If you screw yourself over and your battery dies after an update fails or during an fxz.

Take an oem cable and cut off the micro usb end off.Then strip the red and black wires down. After that you need to line up the wires as they are in this picture.

sajahesa.jpg

Get the red settled on the + and the black on the - then use the battery to lock them into place. Understand? After that you can plug it in and it'll power your phone through the fxz but you'll need another oem Moto cable to connect it to your comp for the fxz. Hope you have 2 and yes this is the only way.

***Tweakers OC*** by razz1

***Init.d For ICS Leaks*** by razz1

***New Governors*** by razz1

***Eternity Project Gov (kexec peeps) + I/O Scheduler*** by razz1

*** [Reference][Following Explained] Kernel Governors, Modules, I/O Schedulers, CPU Tweaks, AIO App Configs*** by Droidphile

• T3T3droid, Obsidian, MetalJR and 4 others like this

#3 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

You just wiped Dalvik/ Turned on Debugging or did something else that you were told to do... Take the time to LEARN about what the hell you are doing

****A-Z Android Dictionary, know what the abbreviations mean****

****AOSP**** Android Open Source Project's Website with lots of info

***Wiping Data/Factory Reset***
Wipe data/factory reset does what the name says, it resets the current rom you are using back to its original state it was when you installed it, without the data you added, like your apps and personal data, contacts APN settings, bookmarks etc, thats what it does nothing else, thats what the setting is for in clockwork mode recovery

***Wiping***... What you should be wiping

Go to mounts and storage and select it.

Go to format / system and select it.
Scroll down to format system and select yes.

Go to format / data and select it
Scroll down to format data and select yes.

Go to format / cache and select it.
Scroll down to format cache and select yes

Not Needed but I know I will never hear the end of it if I don't include Wiping Dalvik

Go to Advanced and select it
Go to Dalvik Cache and select it
Select yes

Your personal files are 100% safe, this full wipe will not wipe the internal sd card and will not wipe the external sd card, all your pictures, mp3s, videos and anything you have downloaded will still be there when you install your custom rom.
However what it will wipe is the first 2gb partition which holds the operating system and all personal user data like your contacts, bookmarks, APN settings for Internet access, accounts etc...

****Dalvik****
Dalvik is the managed runtime used by applications and some system services on Android. Dalvik was originally created specifically for the Android project. Dalvik is the process vitual machine (VM) in Google's Android OS. It is the software that runs the

on Android devices.

***De-Odex*** (I.E. A deodexed Rom)
Android uses a a java based virtual machine as the bases for running programs. This virtual machine is called Dalvik. A .dex file contains the cache used by the Dalvik VM (called Dalvik-cache) for a program and is stored inside the .apk. A .odex file is an optimized version of the .dex file which gets stored next to the .apk as opposed to inside the .apk. This process is done by default to system apps. Deodexing is the process of converting the .odex files back into .dex to be stored inside the .apk so that things can be more easily modified. So a deodexed rom is one that has been through the deodexing process. Deodex can just as easily be called Unodex or any other pre-fix you wish to use.

***RADIO***
The radio stack is responsible for the phone functionality of the device. This includes
1)***GPRS*** is a radio technology for GSM networks that adds packet-switching protocols. As a 2.5G technology, GPRS enables high-speed wireless Internet and other data communications. GPRS networks can deliver SMS, MMS, email, games and WAP applications.***
2)***GSM***, a 2G technology, is the de facto European standard for digital cellular telephone service, and it is also available in the Americas. GSM is the most widely used of the three digital wireless telephone technologies (TDMA, GSM and CDMA), and it supports voice, data, text messaging and cross-border roaming. The SIM (Subscriber Identification Module), a removable plastic card that contains a users data, is an essential element in a GSM network.
GSM operates in multiple frequency bands, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900. When GSM is working on a radio frequency of 1800 MHz, it is sometimes referred to as DCS 1800, GSM1800 or PCN.****
3)***UMTS***The 3G mobile telephone standard in Europe, standardized by ETSI. It supports a theoretical data throughput of up to 2 Mbps. Initial trials began in 2001, and it should be rolled out in most of the world by 2005.***
4)***GPS operations as well as camera functionality. The version you use depends on who your carrier is as users have reported versions working better on one carrier than the other. The wiki pages contain the latest versions available to download and install.

***Bootloader***
The bootloader is the first thing to load once you turn on the device, this does the job of booting up the device hardware and loading various items into memory before the ROM starts in the device. The bootloader is also responsible for enabling the flashing of new ROMs and other components such as the Radio and the Ext_ROM.

***Kernel***

Short Answer
The central or core software component of most operating systems. Its responsibilities include managing the system's resources (the communication between hardware and software components) and can provide the lowest-level abstraction layer for resources (especially memory, processors, and I/O devices).
Complete Answer
Android (like many other Smartphone operating systems) runs on the Linux kernel. The Linux kernel was created in the early 1990’s by a gentleman named Linus Torvalds in Helsinki Finland. It’s incredibly stable, incredibly friendly, and incredibly difficult for the layman to understand and modify. Thankfully it’s also very popular so it has been ported on to a multitude of hardware, including our Android devices.
Think of the kernel as an interface layer between the hardware and software on your device. The kernel decides when things happen, such as the LED indicator gets lit. An application sends a request to the operating system to blink the LED. The operating system then sends the request to the kernel, which makes the light flash for the amount of time requested by the OS.
What sounds like a round-about way to get things done is also what makes the system so scalable and robust. Application developers only have to code in a way the operating system understands and the kernel makes it work on the hardware. This also keeps the application running in it’s own user-space and separate from the kernel. That means when you run the latest uber-cool app that wasn’t designed for your particular OS version, or is still very beta and it crashes, the kernel gives you the option to Force Close the application and the kernel can run untouched.
In a standard Android ROM (we will leave developer images and the like for another discussion) the kernel is bundled along with a set of instructions that tell the device how to load the kernel and the OS during boot. This is the boot.img that you see inside a zipped ROM that your not able to easily open. The device knows to extract this image to internal memory (the ramdisk) and follow a series of scripts (init scripts) to load the kernel and then the other portions of the OS. That’s what’s happening while you’re watching the boot animation. Interestingly enough this is done the same way for a PC, your smartphone, an Android tablet, or even a smart Linux powered toaster. If you’re feeling exceptionally geeky, plug your Android phone into the USB port on your PC and let the PC boot from the USB device. No, it doesn’t actually load, but you can watch the animation while it tries to match up the hardware support with what’s inside your PC. As I said, Linux is amazingly scalable and as a result so is Android.

***OS***... Operating System of course but what does it actually do????

Once the kernel is loaded, the init scripts tell the Operating System to load. Android is the user interface for a custom built Java virtual machine called Dalvik. Dalvik was written by Dan Bornstein, who named it after the fishing village of Dalvik in Iceland, where his family originated from. The debate of which Java VM is superior is best left for another discussion, so I’ll simply say that DalvikVM is a register-based machine versus true JavaVMs which are stack based.
The Dalvik machine creates executable files (.dex files) which can be interpreted by the OS and run by the end user. These .dex files are OS version dependant. That simply means that applications and core functions built to work with one version of Android may or may not work well with other versions. Google provides the tools through it’s Software Development Kit (SDK) for applications to communicate with the OS.

***Core Functions***

No smartphone would be complete without a set of functions that allow the device to be used as intended. Things like the phone and dialer interface, the calendar, the messaging system are core functions of the Operating System. In Android, these are run on top of the kernel as separate applications. The merits (or lack of) of providing these needed functions as separate applications is once again best left for another discussion, but this is what allows developers like HTC or Motorola to replace the standard functions with alternatives that provide a different look and feel from stock. HTC’s onscreen keyboard or Motorola’s MotoBlur contact list are great examples of this. The “little guy” isn’t left out of the mix either. Handcent SMS or Chomp SMS can integrate into the OS very well, as most of us already know.
An additional set of Core Functions are provided by Google. Popularly called GoogleBits, things like Gmail, sync, Gtalk and the Android Market are applications written by Google that give an extra set of useful functions to the OS. You’ll find these on all smartphones, as well as many other Android devices

Nexus 7 Running [4.1.1][AOSP] Codeman Android 3.1.0 [JB] on top of Trinity Seven Alpha63d

***Gtalk @ obsidiansemail@gmail.com***
***Twitter @Obsidian_22***

• T3T3droid, miss_sticks, irish711 and 1 other like this

#4 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Future

#5 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Future

#6 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

Future... done... post away people...

#7 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

Nice :)

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#8 freddy0872

freddy0872

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Twitter:freddy0872

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

Future hog lol

Sent from my iced out XT875 using Tapatalk 2
  • Furthestprism likes this

#9 rlewis312010

rlewis312010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Future... done... post away people...

Obsidian, lol, welcome here my old friend.

#10 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

Nice

Thank you for the quick responses and actions not to mention taking us bionic people on when we lost our home...

Nexus 7 Running [4.1.1][AOSP] Codeman Android 3.1.0 [JB] on top of Trinity Seven Alpha63d

#11 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

Future hog lol

Sent from my iced out XT875 using Tapatalk 2

You know it... Always good to know you are hear to have my back

Obsidian, lol, welcome here my old friend.

Sup RL... glad to see you

#12 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

I have had several requests for the old Leaks so I posted .229 and .230 along with .232

I will add .2231 and .2233 soon

#13 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Well Obsidian we have a new home :D

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#14 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

That we do :-) This should be the last move we'll ever make

Added .2231 & .2233 btw

#15 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

I had forgotten how HUGE and all encompassing the OP is on this thread :) Glad you were able to find an additional site to host it. That's a LOT of useful info

#16 Obsidian

Obsidian

Developer

• Superuser
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:03 AM

Crazy right? Glad you made the move brother :-)

Sent from my XT875 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

#17 mrredpants

mrredpants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Twitter:@misterredpants

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

Good to see you. Hopefully we can keep current rom list up to date. I ll let u know what i find

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
DROID BIONIC ice'd with some variant of 232 leak

#18 k.c.cole

k.c.cole

Droid Ninja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitter:kcalebcole
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR M

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

I had forgotten how HUGE and all encompassing the OP is on this thread Glad you were able to find an additional site to host it. That's a LOT of useful info

I concur. Thanks Obsidian, for keeping the compendium of bionic files. I come back to this constantly. I've been a forum crawler for a few years and this is one of the best all in ones, from a standpoint of information and organization.

From my N7 w/ CM10 & Motley kernel @1.6Ghz

#19 kjens0815

kjens0815

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

Thanks again Obsidian but I'm completely blaming you for this new found urge to flash constantly, lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#20 TragicRemedy

TragicRemedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

Oh look, there you guys are, I hope everyone finds their way here. Specially those devs giving much love to the bionic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bionic, ics, leak, rom, safestrap, obsidian, root

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users