• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Jimmy8881

Jimmy8881

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

you could swap the battery from a maxx with a broken screen, thats what i did, found a maxx with a cracked screen on ebay for $150, sell the spare parts back on ebay and you get a cheap maxx

#22 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

Wow ok, didn't mean to offend, I have a LAPTOP COMPUTER too lol.

If you look back thru the posts, I also did 2 "test" days one where I streamed netflix over wifi to see just how many hours of screen time I could hit and one where I did the same over 3G (as 4G only just began showing up here on friday) to see how quick that would drain the battery, as that would be a "worst case scenario", those 3 sets of numbers showing battery life as low as 7 hours to as high as 8 and a half days examples just how much usage affects how often you need to recharge.

I just prefer to do 99.9% of my daily internet from my laptop, as I believe staring at a tiny screen all day is not only bad for your eyes but also quite annoying.

#23 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

Kebob someone is selling their spare for 250 on here.http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php?/topic/4134-Droid-Razr-Maxx-Clean-Esn

Sent from my full throttle MAXX

#24 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • Google+:kebob.rzr@gmail.com
  • LocationWashington

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

Thanks Ill look into that. I really appreciate it as i need this badly lol

#25 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

my running theory is that if left sitting with my settings (the smart action I mentioned previously) in a location with good cell service it could "idle" for about 10 and a half days maybe 11 days by my math.

#26 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

I was able to get Verizon to overnight me a Razr Maxx in exchange for my OG Razr a few months ago.

I was having serious battery problems with my OG Razr where my battery would jump from 40% to 20% and nothing I tried fixed the issue. I tried factory resets, fastboots, simulated battery pulls, draining the battery until it died (which I hate doing since it's terrible for the battery) and absolutely nothing worked. The tech support rep I spoke to attempted to troubleshoot over the phone, but I politely explained that I had exhasted all of the possible options specifically the ones I mentioned previously, none of which resolved my issue.

I think it's worth a shot to try calling Verizon and explaining your issues to them. If you are very polite, with a little bit of luck, you may be able to get them to send you a refurbished Razr Maxx. I wish you luck whatever route you take.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#27 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

62.43KB   11 downloads running on flick, pegasusq and sio. I'm using auto brightness and smart actions and CPU sleeper

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

#28 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Milkshed, i may do that or just get the razr m or razr hd or iphone 5 :P last one is a joke. Anyways i may take your route. Did you have to send your phone in before they sent the maxx?

#29 D Stave

D Stave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

#30 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

Milkshed, i may do that or just get the razr m or razr hd or iphone 5 last one is a joke. Anyways i may take your route. Did you have to send your phone in before they sent the maxx?

My experience with Verizon is that they send you out the new phone, then you send your old one back within a certain timeframe.

#31 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

Correct superrelaxx, Verizon will ship you the phone, then you have a few days (they say 4 but you can take longer) to ship them back your old phone. One good thing is, if for some reason the replacement they send you has any problems, they will overnight you replacements until you get one that you're happy with. My magic number was 3 replacement Maxxes. Just make sure you send any phone you will not be keeping back in the proper return package.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#32 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

Do you need to pay for shipping or anything? Also what number would i call for this?

#33 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:25 AM

Do you need to pay for shipping or anything? Also what number would i call for this?

Nope, Verizon covers all shipping charges. Inside the box, along with the phone, you'll find a return shipping label. If I remember correctly they stick it in a red folder. I actually couldn't find it at first so I called Verizon and they told me that they'd ship me a shipping label. :lol:

I just dialed 611 from my phone and when I explained my issue to the rep they then transferred me to technical support. I didn't mention swapping the Razr for a Maxx until the rep started to go through the process of sending a replacement phone out. I then casually and politely said to the rep "You know, I'm really into phones and I constantly follow the different Android forums. I've actually read multiple stories of people who have had serious battery issues with their Razr, and they were able to get them swapped out for Razr Maxxes. Would that be something you could do for me? I would very much appreciate it."

#34 willmiii

willmiii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

Well Right now I am trying to decide on whether on not i should spend the effort in trading my phone in for a maxx or to just live with the Og battery life. I have long commutes and spend little time at my house when I am at school so having a decent battery life is neccesary. If some of you that have maxxs could post your battery life then that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I recently had the same questions and decided that it was cheaper to pay for conversion kit then it would be to buy a used maxx. Best decision i made. Battery life is fantastic.

#35 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:57 AM

I am lucky to get 14 hours with same type of usage as you on my maxx

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#36 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

58.24KB   11 downloads

44.32KB   9 downloads
Posted Image

#37 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

^^^^^^^During my normal day at work Im checking emails, listening to music/radio, checking out the forums, news/pulse and I watch netflix everyday at lunch... Im usually at 70%    when I get home at 530-6 after being at 100%    at 8am... Love my maxx
Posted Image

#38 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

I'm in the process now of setting a new record, will post new screenshots when the battery needs recharging, but I will say I have already passed my previous screenshots battery life.

#39 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

NEW RECORD!!!!!!!!! no 4G on this pass, used LTEonoff to set 3G only.

Attached Files

#40 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

10 days is cool but only 1.5 hrs screen time? you barely used it...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users