tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Twitter:tumblweed65
  • Google+:kend65
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

This will eventually get a public release right? As in official release? If that is the case, it will be incorporated into a room eventually right?

A form of it probably, not the exact thing due to it has some bugs.

Signature Loading.................

#62 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

If that is in fact the case, then that's a much better option. Come on ICS!
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#63 BBEvolution

BBEvolution

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

There could be 2 or 3 updates before ICS no way to know !!! And there may be 1 or 2 new devices they want to release with ICS before updating the RAZR to ICS !!! Sad but realistic

#64 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

Matt, just to confirm SafeStrap alters the preinstall correct ? So in order to stay stock and on the path after 744-748-173 you cannot install SafeStrap again or you will have to start from the bottom again and upgrade, rather than just downgrading to 748 from 173. Tried to go to 173 from 748 which is stock with the exception of having uninstalled SafeStrap prior to the173 update attempt and it fails the check. Whats the story and is there a work around? Thanks

Note: back to 748 stock nonsafe, 748 Razrx v1.1 safe

Yes, SafeStrap puts the safe-side's system into the /preinstall/ folder of the non-safe side. Installing any OTA/leaked update is not possible with SafeStrap installed because it messes up the preinstall folder. A workaround may be uploading a preinstall folder from 6.12.173 and replacing your old SafeStrap-ridden /preinstall/ with a clean one. I will see what I can do for getting the pre-install folders uploaded.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(Provided by mattlgroff. Use these to upgrade from 6.11.748 to 6.12.173 or update to another update/OTA not yet known at this time by replacing preinstall folder to fix Status 7 errors).

(Provided by mattlgroff. Use these to downgrade to 6.11.748 or to update to another update/OTA not yet known at this time by replacing preinstall folder to fix Status 7 errors).

Edited by mattlgroff, 15 January 2012 - 04:15 PM.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#65 BBEvolution

BBEvolution

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

Thanks Matt, will give it a try and get back to the thread !!!! On the Ball as usual Matt !!!!

#66 kb3awq

kb3awq

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Twitter:kb3awq
  • Google+:kb3awq
  • LocationWilliamsport, PA

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

OK yeah I noticed on Pro. chs cke the servers have been filling up with this the last 2 days. The other night when I tried it when it was said to be on there I couldnt find it then yesterday the loaded up. I guess since I messed up my first razr at the last update and had to wait a week for another phone. I havent removed anything this time and the only thing I have done is rooted. In trying to get it to stop the ota failure with my last one I ended up stuck at the boot and could not get out of it so trying to be a good boy. But the Droid 1 I had was molested pretty well and have gotten out of many things.
John * Rooted Droid 1 and Droid RAZR Owner * KB3AWQ.com * W3AHS.com * Electronics Geek

#67 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

Thanks Matt, will give it a try and get back to the thread !!!! On the Ball as usual Matt !!!!

I'm working on something for us. I had one morning of break :P You actually posted it b4 I woke up. 12:30pm wake up time!

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#68 BBEvolution

BBEvolution

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

I understand Matt, you need rest to stay sharp !!!

#69 BBEvolution

BBEvolution

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

Matt, created " KnowYourDevice " dropped the six files into it and put it in Preinstall tried to install again but failed the system check again.
apply_patch_check("/preinstall/KnowYourDevice/Motorola_XT912_BatterySave.3gp". 6bcc903965d9cd3862f5c5a5760e129d36b07cf5". '2d33a46601d4786ea21beb615b35c0a1ffd35fd") side load error status7 maybe I didnt put it in the right place. Please redirect me !!!!

#70 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

Matt, created " KnowYourDevice " dropped the six files into it and put it in Preinstall tried to install again but failed the system check again.
apply_patch_check("/preinstall/KnowYourDevice/Motorola_XT912_BatterySave.3gp". 6bcc903965d9cd3862f5c5a5760e129d36b07cf5". '2d33a46601d4786ea21beb615b35c0a1ffd35fd") side load error status7 maybe I didnt put it in the right place. Please redirect me !!!!

I'm working on a way to get the preinstall files for the other versions. 6.11.744 preinstall from nitro won't help you.

#71 BBEvolution

BBEvolution

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

OK, Thanks Matt

#72 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

(Provided by mattlgroff. Use these to upgrade from 6.11.748 to 6.12.173 or update to another update/OTA not yet known at this time by replacing preinstall folder to fix Status 7 errors).

(Provided by mattlgroff. Use these to downgrade to 6.11.748 or to update to another update/OTA not yet known at this time by replacing preinstall folder to fix Status 7 errors).

Edited by mattlgroff, 15 January 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#73 showard594

showard594

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

I stayed stock and merely updated via recovery as I want to stay stock for a bit longer (wimpy kid).

This release fixes the google maps and google sky problems. Sky map was unusable and maps did not know east from west. nice it works.
Rest of device seems just fine with the exception of the FC searching the app drawer (never used this anyway)

Anyone know if this build fixes the hotspot problem of not working with many https sites? I am too cheap to re-enable to test as I have a T-Mobile hotspot now.

I will post back if the 4G issue is better. Last few days I lost data 3-4 times per day.

I am sure when the official OTA comes out I will be able to receive it. I am betting the people on the Moto Feedback network have received this for testing. That would mean it will be upgradable when official comes out.

#74 busab

busab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

You're right! It does fix Google Sky! Thanks for the tip I didn't check because I had given up on the program.

Sent from my Droid Razr using yo moma.

#75 todroid

todroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

Anyone having Smart Acton issues with this app? The wifi on/cell data off action worked well on 748, but did not work on this leak (no other system changes or new apps). I deleted the action, tried setting it up again, but when I choose the "cell data" fur the action, the app force closes. Anyone else sees that?

#76 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:17 AM

Backed up root on voodoo root keeper on .748. Flashed .173 and opened voodoo and hit restore root, toast notif. said su restored, but no root. The checkbox for root was not checked. Neither was the one under it(?)

#77 showard594

showard594

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:02 AM

4G connectivity is much better. Since yesterday I have only lost data once and that was in a basement parking garage. Typically I would lose 3-4 times per day.
Also confirmed with someone (at Moto) who knows this is the "currently being tested MR (maintenance release)" so I am stoked the device works now with maps, sky, and a data (mostly). I will fire up the hot spot later this week and see if the https issue is resolved. One day of use is only a couple dollars and it is the least I can do for you providing this fix now. :D

Update: hotspot feature fixed and seems to work with all the https sites it failed before on my trials. this is indeed a good fix for Razr

Update 2: No 4g/3g data loss since I posted this morning. One annoyance encountered on hot spot usage; when enabling hotspot 3 times today my macbook did not see it one time. I had to disable then enable the hotspot on the device then it was visible to my macbook. The mac saw other hotspots in the building but not the droid so I am sure it was not the mac.

Over all rating: Outstanding. Phone is no longer hobbled. :D

Update 3: Had a data drop but difference is it recovered on its own in under 20 seconds.

#78 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

Has anyone else had issues with webtop. I use the travel adapter so that the phone is a touchpad / keyboard. The webtop launches fine, but the phone never turns on as a touchpad. Any thoughts?

#79 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

Forgot to mention, I am now on 173. It all worked fine on 748.

#80 BobC43

BobC43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

" the device works now with maps, sky, and a data (mostly)."

Mine is still not working on Sky. I am running 173, rooted is all. Anyone else find that Sky Map is still not working or is it just me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users