• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#141 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

What about if you were not rooted and did the OTA update from 748 to 173 and then did the roll back to 748 and now are having the problems of sending and receiving texts? Any suggestions? Before you ask why I would roll back to 748 when there was such a great improvement with the OTA leaked update, I was sent an email which instructed me that I needed a stock phone. That's all I can say.

This was posted in the leak thread. You have to wipe /data/, .173 f%$ks up your data if you rollback.

#142 Greeny173

Greeny173

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationYoungstown, Ohio

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

This was posted in the leak thread. You have to wipe /data/, .173 f%$ks up your data if you rollback.

So what do I have to do to get back to the place to be able to wipe data? Power down the phone and get into recovery mode and then wipe data, or go back into the 173 OTA then start from scratch to follow the instructions?

#143 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

So what do I have to do to get back to the place to be able to wipe data? Power down the phone and get into recovery mode and then wipe data, or go back into the 173 OTA then start from scratch to follow the instructions?

You should fastboot your phone to .744, after booting, power down the phone, boot it into recovery mode (after downloading the update and putting it on your external sd card). From here you can flash the update. After flashing the update, wipe data/factory reset from the recovery menu. After that, you can boot up the phone, enter your Google account and then root the phone using Zergrush. You are then free to flash awesome ROMs such as Infex, No Name, ICS alpha (which doesn't feel like an alpha, only camera doesn't work) using Bootstrap (which you needed the root for).

#144 Greeny173

Greeny173

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

You should fastboot your phone to .744, after booting, power down the phone, boot it into recovery mode (after downloading the update and putting it on your external sd card). From here you can flash the update. After flashing the update, wipe data/factory reset from the recovery menu. After that, you can boot up the phone, enter your Google account and then root the phone using Zergrush. You are then free to flash awesome ROMs such as Infex, No Name, ICS alpha (which doesn't feel like an alpha, only camera doesn't work) using Bootstrap (which you needed the root for).

Erp, I am not looking to root my phone, but just get back to stock. What would I do in that case?

#145 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

Erp, I am not looking to root my phone, but just get back to stock. What would I do in that case?

Fastboot files. RSD Lite 5.6 and the fastboot files for your phone.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#146 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:56 PM

I know that but doe snto return software back to orginal

RSD back to factory and use the factory wipe tool.
  • Greeny173 likes this

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#147 Greeny173

Greeny173

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

Just like arcanexvi said, I finally had to go back into the Wipe/Reset and clear everything out and reload all apps back into the phone. Nothing else worked to correct the "no text sent" situation. Good to go now though. :)

#148 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

This update saved me from getting rid of my phone.....I couldn't keep data even half the time...now I have it 95% of the time.....I didn't realize just how much better it was until I fastbooted back to try a few roms on .748... I had to fastboot out and get back on the leak ... Data was horrible!

#149 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

This update saved me from getting rid of my phone.....I couldn't keep data even half the time...now I have it 95% of the time.....I didn't realize just how much better it was until I fastbooted back to try a few roms on .748... I had to fastboot out and get back on the leak ... Data was horrible!

Agreed. I was extremely unhappy coming from my Tbolt to the razr til this leaked.

Posted Image

#150 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

Agreed. I was extremely unhappy coming from my Tbolt to the razr til this leaked.

Does this leak really help the battery life? I might consider moving to it if it actually helps significantly.

#151 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

Does this leak really help the battery life? I might consider moving to it if it actually helps significantly.

Indirectly yes. The phone doesn't have to fight for signal as much hence better battery. There's really no reason why unrooted users shouldn't since upgrading/downgrading is simple with the downgrade package to get back on upgrade path if necessary.

Posted Image

#152 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

It should be released OTA soon maybe

#153 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

It should be released OTA soon maybe

We'll see once soak hits. I don't think 173 will go live with its search FC. (hit the search hard key while the app drawer is open if you don't know what I'm talking about)

Posted Image

#154 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

We'll see once soak hits. I don't think 173 will go live with its search FC. (hit the search hard key while the app drawer is open if you don't know what I'm talking about)

Have you yeard anything on when the soak might start on this?

#155 Greeny173

Greeny173

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

If we told ya, we'd have to kill ya!! :)

#156 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

When pigs fly?

Posted Image

#157 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

I hope soon, im back on 748 and missing 173 already

sliced by my Razr on Tapatalk

Posted Image

#158 Gdwheel

Gdwheel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

Me Too.

#159 southpawkilla

southpawkilla

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

I had to go back to .748. I hate to say it , but the leak, after about a week or so, started giving my a crap signal. Before (on .748) my Razr always had same or better signal than my wife's bionic. Love the leaked, but started getting alot of 1x when my wife's bionic was 3g/4g. Started happening more and more frequently until I just had to go back today..so far...back to solid 3g/4g. What a drag..

#160 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:28 AM

Not me im staying on .173 for now!!! for me its that lag time between 3g/4g on .744/.748 that i dont have that lag time on .173

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users