192 replies to this topic

#161 showard594

showard594

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

Not me im staying on .173 for now!!! for me its that lag time between 3g/4g on .744/.748 that i dont have that lag time on .173

smart move. this build is the best. only is the FC in app drawer search which I have never used anyway. there is no good reason for a stock device user to not use this build. if you think it will cause your device to not get future OTA then think again.

#162 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

I must report that my first night running .173, I left it off charge and at 10 a.m. this morning, I still had 70% battery. If this holds out, I'm going to chnge my tune from "we want the max" to "who needs the max?!"

Edit: 10 hours later - I haven't really used the phone much but it's still got 50% battery. wow. the standby power drain is gone.

#163 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

smart move. this build is the best. only is the FC in app drawer search which I have never used anyway. there is no good reason for a stock device user to not use this build. if you think it will cause your device to not get future OTA then think again.

Even if .173 does knock us off the upgrade path for future updates im sure are Great Staff and Members here will work hard to find a way to get us back where we need to be to take an update!! If they haven't already?

#164 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

Even if .173 does knock us off the upgrade path for future updates im sure are Great Staff and Members here will work hard to find a way to get us back where we need to be to take an update!! If they haven't already?

Currently, just fastbooting will get you back on the path.

#165 piccit

piccit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

There is a downgrad zip in the OP. All you have to do with wipe /data when you do it.

#166 jroc

jroc

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:23 AM

Found out at another site if you downgrade/uninstall Google Search it goes away. I never had this problem....turns out I rarely update my apps...lol. There was an update to it recently in the Market.

And I agree...the official OTA , .748, made things a lil better for data issues. .173 made them even better. I hope whatever they did with .173 make its way into the next official OTA.

#167 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:33 AM

Found out at another site if you downgrade/uninstall Google Search it goes away. I never had this problem....turns out I rarely update my apps...lol. There was an update to it recently in the Market.

And I agree...the official OTA , .748, made things a lil better for data issues. .173 made them even better. I hope whatever they did with .173 make its way into the next official OTA.

I'd have to think its gonna be an upgraded radio for the next update regardless. Probably in the soak

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#168 nickphx

nickphx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

I've been running it the last 48 hours on my Droid Maxx.. The battery drain is gone, 3g/4g switching is seamless.. Yay.

#169 feetball

feetball

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Google+:feetball

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

Anyone's camera lock up when taking video after this update? After about 10 seconds of video, my camera locks up. Have to reboot before any camera app can access the camera.

I haven't tried to go back to .744 to see if it still locks up. Just curious if anyone has seen this behavior.

#170 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

Mine is perfect camera is great ....love this update ....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#171 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

Anyone's camera lock up when taking video after this update? After about 10 seconds of video, my camera locks up. Have to reboot before any camera app can access the camera.

I haven't tried to go back to .744 to see if it still locks up. Just curious if anyone has seen this behavior.

nope mine is actually better, focus's better, better pics in low light just better over all ! i sugest taking the downgrade back to .748 with a full wipe and reinstall .173 from clean slate ?

#172 JimmyInTheROC

JimmyInTheROC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

This usually happens when you are saving to an external SD card that isn't fast enough. Or possibly there are errors on the card, or you have another app that is pegging the storage at the same time.

#173 piccit

piccit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:11 AM

I did find that after playing around w/ my camera that all my apps were stuck in landscape until I did a reset -- tho that might not have anything to do with the update, could just be a fluke

#174 showard594

showard594

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

I told you this was the official and no need to roll back.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#175 piccit

piccit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

I told you this was the official and no need to roll back.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

What makes you think we won't need to roll back first? Since this is a leaked version with at least one known issue, it's safe to assume that the actual update is different.

#176 showard594

showard594

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

because you would be wrong to assume. version is exactly same and issue of FC of search in app drawer was a non-issue that is still there in the OTA.
that leaked version IS the one that was being tested and is being pushed out OTA soon. fact, belive or not, i don't really care. just information

#177 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

Check the news page guys.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#178 piccit

piccit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

Ok, I'll concede that I was wrong - it's not safe to assume the OTA is different.

But you're also jumping to conclusions with no proof to speak of...

#179 drsuse

drsuse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

I took time to register for this site just because of this. I also flashed the OTA update last night. My device was rooted previously. After copying the OTA update to the EXTSDCARD I flashed and the exact same thing happened. It took an extremely long time to "flash" this build and it failed at Updating BP also. Upon reboot I had no 3G/4G but wifi did work. Baseband version was "unavailable" in system setting. I got scared and flashed the update again. The second time the update went much faster and it passed the BP/LTE portion of the upgrade. Everything installed properly. Upon reboot I had phone signal but no 3g/4g data. I called voicemail and that worked. I went back into recovery and wiped data and finally everything worked upon reboot. One thing I thought for sure that I was going to lose was root because of the data wipe. When I had rebooted back in I found that Voodo had still saved my root somehow, so it must have been written to the SD card. I was happy about that so I do not have to fastboot back to the older firmware. Aside from the graphical changes 4g seems to be a bit more stable. Also I do have FC when pressing search on app screen, but we all knew that. So far I am happy with this update. Hopefully ICS comes sooner than later.

EDIT: I wanted to add that I had never used Safestrap and I do not know what hashtags are, so really, I'm not sure why the update failed.

I just had this issue and saw your post... Awesome... Thanks.works great now

#180 Steven Vaccaro

Steven Vaccaro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:03 AM

Received a ota update from Verizon last night. When I searched what it was, found this site. Cool place, thanks for the info.

My question is, when Andriod does an auto update, is there a place that will tell us the changes? I hate having to fumble around in software to figure out whats changed and what hasnt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users