28 replies to this topic

#21 xxspark89xx

xxspark89xx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

Adding to the discussion:

The devices I see in the community so far: Droid Razr [Verizon], Droid Razr [GSM/International], Droid Razr M, Droid Bionic, Droid 4, Galaxy SIII, Huawei MyTouch 4G, HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt, and the Galaxy Nexus.

That's 5 Droid Devices (And +1 soon for RAZR HD, right?), 2 HTC Devices, 2 Samsung Devices.. and so on.

I think this community should still carry the DROID name somehow, especially since the Droid name derives from the Android name.

#22 djr4x4

djr4x4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter:djr4x4

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

non of those really strike for a name change.. sorry... modarom.com came to mind

#23 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

Honestly I didn't think it would turn out this way with people not being happy or whatever feelings they feel.I hate to do this for a second time, but removing this and rethinking the process may he the best choice at this point. There was actually a time before we started this in which I had thought of a name and was just going to go with it. But with talking to some other admins we decided that allowing the community to be part of the process would be a nice gesture. The name that I was going to go with actually isn't even part of the poll. But what are your thoughts? I don't want to feel like I nor the rest of the staff are jerking our members around with this.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#24 djr4x4

djr4x4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter:djr4x4

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

maybe say for a week let everyone give there input on names.. see who agrees on what.. After that week is up, then take the top 5 names that was talked about the most by the ppl and then let them vote on those particular names...

#25 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

i love droidrzr,just can't think of anything to replace with.hate to see old name go,even though we need to support new devices

#26 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

Who came up with the list of names??

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2
Make It Your Own

#27 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

Too bad

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

not available

#28 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

Locking down. Please see OP for update

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#29 dautley

dautley

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationTN.
  • Current Device(s):HTC One (M8) , Nexus 7 (2012), Nexus 10

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

I honestly don't thing anyone has anything against a name change, it's just that the available choices (so far) aren't as good as what you already have. While you need a name to reflect the ever expanding coverage here they just don't cut it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users