• Please log in to reply
420 replies to this topic

#401 frankie15

frankie15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Well, you can always use the native app as default still, and if you're going to send a picture, use the "Share" from the gallery and select Handcent or Go instead of Messaging. It doesn't affect your default settings, but still works. And you'll get the problem semi-sorted out while still retaining the JB Messaging functionality

Can you do that without getting annoyed by Go SMS or Handcent each time you get a text? That's what I didn't like. I was notified by the stock messaging app AND handcent/go SMS with each text. It would be nice if I could just use Go SMS/Handcent when I wanted to send MMS and not get any notifications from it unless I use it for MMS.

#402 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

I don't think you can receive pics with stock messaging either

#403 shanewerner

shanewerner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

Can you do that without getting annoyed by Go SMS or Handcent each time you get a text? That's what I didn't like. I was notified by the stock messaging app AND handcent/go SMS with each text. It would be nice if I could just use Go SMS/Handcent when I wanted to send MMS and not get any notifications from it unless I use it for MMS.

try going into settings and tell handcent mms only its under the defualts section and fyi i get no extra notifications on handcent mms when used as default just the small add at bottom of screen while in settings not messaging

#404 SupremePeter

SupremePeter

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

This is honestly an amazing ROM, i love how everything is stock Jelly bean. I'm a stock kind of guy haha. If it weren't for the fact that I can't use the stock camera this would easily be my daily ROM. Speaking of which,why isn't there camera functionality in Jelly Bean ROMs? I don't mean to offend any developers or anything, I'm just curious as to why the stock camera and camera apps like instagram or Snapchat don't work

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#405 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

This is honestly an amazing ROM, i love how everything is stock Jelly bean. I'm a stock kind of guy haha. If it weren't for the fact that I can't use the stock camera this would easily be my daily ROM. Speaking of which,why isn't there camera functionality in Jelly Bean ROMs? I don't mean to offend any developers or anything, I'm just curious as to why the stock camera and camera apps like instagram or Snapchat don't work

I use this as my daily, and for camera I use camera zoom fx paid version. Works great!

#406 frankie15

frankie15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Do you guys do full wipes when installing a new version or just wipe cache/dalvik?

#407 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Honestly, I rarely install the same OS over itself. I have stock, CM9, JB, and Eclipse in my slots. When a new JB build comes out, I'll flash it in the JB slot. Usually I'm on AOKP and CM10 gets posted, or the other way around. So, I do full wipes.

Eclipse hasn't been updated past 1.2.1 (which is ok, since that one's doing well)

CM9 relies on the person compiling it to build again. Since that's ME, I haven't had to worry about it for a while.

Stock .. well. It doesn't EVER get reflashed.

#408 Gunslinger711

Gunslinger711

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

I had CM on my Droid 1 and Droid 2, I'm looking to put it on my Bionic. I do have a few questions hopefully someone can help me with.

1) What's the most stable build everyone's using right now? I'm thinking stock version

2) If I understand SafeStrap correctly there's your stock side (partition?) and your experimental side to load roms onto. If this is my first time loading a rom on, do I have to wipe everything off my phone? It seems counter-intuitive to even have a safe side if you're wiping the whole phone. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks,

#409 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

I had CM on my Droid 1 and Droid 2, I'm looking to put it on my Bionic. I do have a few questions hopefully someone can help me with.

1) What's the most stable build everyone's using right now? I'm thinking stock version

2) If I understand SafeStrap correctly there's your stock side (partition?) and your experimental side to load roms onto. If this is my first time loading a rom on, do I have to wipe everything off my phone? It seems counter-intuitive to even have a safe side if you're wiping the whole phone. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks,

Right now, the most stable/functional builds are the motorola official OTA and builds based on it. Though, there's some issues when the guys releasing the ROM try to clock the thing at 9 billion ghz by default (SMH). Personally, I don't like trying to use Google Now on ICS either. It just REEKS of hacked in code that doesn't work right.

CM10 and AOKP Jellybean, both by STS-Dev-Team are decent. Most things work well, some not as well (video playback on youtube STILL doesn't always work for me). You're not going to be able to use the stock camera app on any JB builds until we have the JB leaks out from Moto and can rape and pillage it for the proper drivers and libs.

CM9 and AOKP ICS work the best after the Blur based ROMs. You'll get the working camera, video playback. Bluetooth is still buggy in that, IIRC.

All flavors of CM and AOKP exhibit the screen resize bug when rotating or taking a screenshot. You're not going to get away from it, but you will get used to it.

In regards to Safestrap, you're definitely misunderstanding it. You UNINSTALL BOOTSTRAP FULLY (as in disable it, too) before installing the Safestrap app in your blur stock build. Or, theoretically you can use whatever the F you're running as your safe side. Obsidian has messed around using 3rd party Blur ROMs instead of the stock ROM as his starting point, so you may want to pick his brain. When you reboot, you enter Safestrap with the menu button on your phone's face. From there, you can create up to 4 slots to install ROMs to. Install your ROM, reboot, and it's running that ROM. You can re-enter Safestrap at boot and select a different slot to boot from (or the Stock "unsafe" side) and reboot again and you're in that ROM. You don't have to wipe your original system to use it. In fact, that's kind of the whole idea is that you don't have to wipe out your daily driver to run other stuff on the side.
  • Voyeur likes this

#410 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

Most recent version of safe strap is 3.05. The older versions sound closer to what you had thought, yes but ss 3 is probably one of the best things to happen to the bionic!
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka and jvance325 like this

#411 markwebb

markwebb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

So any updates to this ROM? Just curious...

#412 eosaph

eosaph

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationJersey Shore
  • Current Device(s):Bionic on 1.8.3 daily

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

anybody....cant get by "unfortunately,Android keyboard (aosp) has stopped." :wacko:

....fixed------ROM didn't like the latest Gapps. went back to 20120726. :)

Edited by eosaph, 01 December 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#413 shanewerner

shanewerner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

So any updates to this ROM? Just curious...

11-16 is latest stock 10-29 latest cna

#414 Gunslinger711

Gunslinger711

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

Went ahead and installed 11-16 stock. Got my camera running, texts work fine with ChompSMS, data looks fine, and I don't mind the slight rotation delay. I was curious about peoples efforts with changing the CPU frequency though. Anyone try it? What were your results?

#415 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Went ahead and installed 11-16 stock. Got my camera running, texts work fine with ChompSMS, data looks fine, and I don't mind the slight rotation delay. I was curious about peoples efforts with changing the CPU frequency though. Anyone try it? What were your results?

If by frequency you mean overclock then yes I was running 1.2mhz and it ran nicely.

#416 shanewerner

shanewerner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

If by frequency you mean overclock then yes I was running 1.2mhz and it ran nicely.

diddo

#417 Endbringer42

Endbringer42

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

I've been using the 11-16 build since it came out and have constant freeze problems. The phone will work fine, but after it's been sitting on my desk for a bit it won't come back on. I have to pull the battery to get it back up and running. I've cleared the dalvik cache and it still happens. I even wiped the slot for CM10, flashed it again and I still have the lockup problem. Does anyone else have this issue?

Also as a side note, I can receive MMS messages on the stock app, but can't send them. Not sure when it half fixed itself, but I only have to use Handcent to send a MMS now.

#418 Endbringer42

Endbringer42

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

Just installed the 12-9 build and MMS still isn't working. :(

#419 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

MMS wasn't one of the issues the 12/9 build was meant to address. It was supposed to fix the rotation/screenshot bug and hopefully give us a working camera. But it was pulled from the servers only an hour or two after Hash tweeted that it was being reworked. Which makes me wonder what happened.

I downloaded a 12/9 CM10 this morning early, like 5 or 6 AM, and the MD5 matched the goo.im site. I went back after I saw Hash's tweet about reworking it, and the MD5 was different for the 12/9 build. When I clicked on it to download, it was a 404/dead Link (Zelda will be in TEARS!). That was around 2PM EST and I haven't seen a new build posted yet
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#420 kaneofmars

kaneofmars

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

I was able to grab the 12-9 build ... rotation bug is still there, haven't tried MMS

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users