420 replies to this topic

#381 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Figure out which apk it is and try to sub in the most recent one that worked?

#382 kstormes

kstormes

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Any word on CM10 with android 4.2 base. Or will that be CM10.5. :-)

#383 strongbowsix

strongbowsix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

I probably should clarify...Google txt to speech doesn't work in Google maps. The robotic PICO voice is the only one heard. I uninstalled PICO but still got the same robotic voice. Weird

#384 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

I probably should clarify...Google txt to speech doesn't work in Google maps. The robotic PICO voice is the only one heard. I uninstalled PICO but still got the same robotic voice. Weird

So you're saying it's not an apk that provides the text to speech? Or that it's a library issue and not an app issue?

#385 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

Any word on CM10 with android 4.2 base. Or will that be CM10.5. :-)

10.1 actually

#386 strongbowsix

strongbowsix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

So you're saying it's not an apk that provides the text to speech? Or that it's a library issue and not an app issue?

I guess it would be a library issue. Looks like a new CM10 build went live. 11/16!
Going to try that.

Edit: 11/16 same issue

Thanks hash and any others working on this Rom!

#387 csantarcangelo

csantarcangelo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

I've been running this religiously for over a month, keeping up with the updates. I updated to the new build this morning and keep getting a popup error that process android.process.media has stopped. Is anyone else getting this?

I reinstalled, wiped cache and dalvik 2x. I'm going to create another slot in SS3 and do a fresh install next. Any other thoughts?

Also: Google+ crashes shortly after boot, but can be started manually.
Just having fun with Android!

#388 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

I've been running this religiously for over a month, keeping up with the updates. I updated to the new build this morning and keep getting a popup error that process android.process.media has stopped. Is anyone else getting this?

I reinstalled, wiped cache and dalvik 2x. I'm going to create another slot in SS3 and do a fresh install next. Any other thoughts?

Also: Google+ crashes shortly after boot, but can be started manually.

Are you on the brand new 11/16 build?

I am on the 11/9 build, been on it for 24 hours with zero issues, I have some themes installed with overclock and extra modules, everything seems to be working great, aside from the normal issues, camera(using FXcamera zoom) mms(using go sms) and bluetooth.....

#389 csantarcangelo

csantarcangelo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

Are you on the brand new 11/16 build?

I am on the 11/9 build, been on it for 24 hours with zero issues, I have some themes installed with overclock and extra modules, everything seems to be working great, aside from the normal issues, camera(using FXcamera zoom) mms(using go sms) and bluetooth.....

I've been on every build since 10/4. I just installed to a new ROM slot and it worked perfectly. I downgraded to the 11/9 in my normal slot and still got the same errors.

I just wiped both slots (after backing up data, of course) and will start with the 11/16 build in a new slot.

#390 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

I've been on every build since 10/4. I just installed to a new ROM slot and it worked perfectly. I downgraded to the 11/9 in my normal slot and still got the same errors.

I just wiped both slots (after backing up data, of course) and will start with the 11/16 build in a new slot.

Must be something corrupt in that slot I am guessing, I will backup my 11/9 and try the install of the 11/16 and report back.

#391 csantarcangelo

csantarcangelo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Must be something corrupt in that slot I am guessing, I will backup my 11/9 and try the install of the 11/16 and report back.

Deleted and recreated slot (more memory this time:), reinstalled ROM and gapps - Worked fine.

Restored data and android secure - error popped up again.

Deleted and recreated slot. Restored data only - error pops up again.

Must be something corrupt in the data. No more time to play today so I'm going to switch back to stock for now. Next step would be to reinstall apps directly from the store and set up from scratch. Too bad.

Update: found this link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

disabled DRM management and Media Manager processes, deleted data, and then re-enabled them. Haven't had the error since. Something became corrupted somewhere along the way.

#392 frankie15

frankie15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

MMS still a problem with 11/16 build? I absolutely love these builds, but the MMS issues have been a deal breaker as I use this frequently.

#393 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

MMS still a problem with 11/16 build? I absolutely love these builds, but the MMS issues have been a deal breaker as I use this frequently.

Handcent or go SMS work

#394 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

Handcent or go SMS work

Yup, I am using go sms and its working just fine.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#395 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

Installed the most recent CM10 fresh. Zero problems. FRESH INSTALL. As in, no saving data and flashing over the old :)

The MMS issue is fixed by installing Handcent or Go. You don't actually have to USE them. There's just something in the libraries they provide, or the APNs they use that CM10 is lacking by itself. I kind of like the quick reply option with the stock messaging app, so I disable all Handcent notifications and set the default SMS/MMS to stock when prompted.

Speaking of the stock Messaging app, is it possible to assign certain tones for certain contacts in the stock app? That's really all I miss from the 3rd party messaging apps.

--- Edit ---

My mistake. You have to send MMS with the 3rd party app. Just tried it again, but it must have been an ICS rom I was using that it was working on

#396 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Both of those third party text apps feature the pop up also

#397 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

Both of those third party text apps feature the pop up also

Nothing like the JB native one, though. I like the popup by choice in the notification itself. Let's get on that already, Go and Handcent!

I wonder if there's a comprehensive list of apps that use the notification bar to it's fullest in JB? I know Plume does, but that's all I have on my system that utilizes it. I'd think all the mail apps would get that implemented right away

#398 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Nothing like the JB native one, though. I like the popup by choice in the notification itself. Let's get on that already, Go and Handcent!

I wonder if there's a comprehensive list of apps that use the notification bar to it's fullest in JB? I know Plume does, but that's all I have on my system that utilizes it. I'd think all the mail apps would get that implemented right away

Yeah its kind of annoying hotmail doesn't so I switched to using the built in email app so nice!

Another thing I like about Handcent is when you pull down the notification bar it displays the whole message rather than one line and "..."
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

#399 frankie15

frankie15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Yeah, I know Go SMS and Handcent works, but I just don't like the interface compared to stock. It's too overdone for my tastes.

I will be on this again as soon as MMS works with the native messaging app. I wonder why this is a problem with the Jelly bean builds? Weird.

#400 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Well, you can always use the native app as default still, and if you're going to send a picture, use the "Share" from the gallery and select Handcent or Go instead of Messaging. It doesn't affect your default settings, but still works. And you'll get the problem semi-sorted out while still retaining the JB Messaging functionality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users