420 replies to this topic

#81 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Isn't there a videocam app that got used a lot in the earlier ICS build days? Cam Illusion, but the video version. Has anyone tried it? I'm about to, unless someone already has and can give a report

#82 Nola

Nola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

Just want to give some feedback. Flashed this yesterday about the same time and haven't loss data once. The ROM is VERY smooth. I gotta say I didn't think jellybean would offer *much* more than ICS but that, needless to say, was an ignorant assumption because this is amazing. Battery life seems better - I'll try and stay off of a charger today to get some evidence of that. Overall, very smooth, very fast, very solid data, great tradeoff from wifi to 3G/4G, great call quality, seemingly improved battery life (I've been on stock rooted debloated.232 for awhile). The only things I haven't tried yet are Bluetooth music playing, and the camera and apparently there are camera apps that do work.

All told, I'm very happy with this! Many thanks to those involved :)

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#83 Bama

Bama

Needs Beer

• Superuser
  • 582 posts
  • Locationsalem,al

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

anyone else getting these continuous texts from 6250, and how to stop it, these are becoming very annoying, but i can't seem to rid of them.

im getting them to..not sure what its about.

#84 frankie15

frankie15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

Do these CM10 JB roms include Project Butter or is that tied to the kernel?

Sorry if this has been asked already.
  • nobreak1970 likes this

#85 AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

Do these CM10 JB roms include Project Butter or is that tied to the kernel?

Sorry if this has been asked already.

I would have to believe so. This is the smoothest I have ever seen my Bionic run.

#86 schlomie

schlomie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

Anyone else notice their capacitive buttons are always on?

When charging, they are on at full brightness.
When there is a notification, they blink to full brightness at the same rate as the notification LED.
When unplugged and screen off, they are dimmed and unnoticeable in a bright room, but in a dark room they do have a faint glow.

Are these features of JB aosp or CM10? Or, is this an upstream CM10 bug, or a bug related to just this rom? Or is there some super secret hidden setting that I haven't found yet?

Thank you!

This rom FTW!

#87 karthakon

karthakon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:57 AM

If we use the built-in hotspot will vzw catch it on this ROM or do we need to change some file? I've read about it but don't know the details. Could somebody link to the process. I got USB storage to work but USB tether wouldn't connect. Does anyone have a trick to make WiFi tether work.

If you're on a "shared data" plan you don't have to worry about getting caught. Verizon isn't legally allowed to charge you. If you're on an unlimited data plan Verizon can charge you for tethering and they definitely can tell that you are doing it. I haven't heard of any notices being sent out to people on unlimited tethering without paying since they lost their case to the FCC.

I don't think they can tell however, if you share your connection via your USB through an app like Easy Tether.

#88 mossholderm

mossholderm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

If you're on a "shared data" plan you don't have to worry about getting caught. Verizon isn't legally allowed to charge you. If you're on an unlimited data plan Verizon can charge you for tethering and they definitely can tell that you are doing it. I haven't heard of any notices being sent out to people on unlimited tethering without paying since they lost their case to the FCC.

I don't think they can tell however, if you share your connection via your USB through an app like Easy Tether.

This isn't quite accurate. If you are on 4G, shared or unshared, you can tether freely. It was part of the spectrum purchase agreement with the FCC.
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

#89 k.c.cole

k.c.cole

Droid Ninja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitter:kcalebcole
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR M

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

Anyone else notice their capacitive buttons are always on?

When charging, they are on at full brightness.
When there is a notification, they blink to full brightness at the same rate as the notification LED.
When unplugged and screen off, they are dimmed and unnoticeable in a bright room, but in a dark room they do have a faint glow.

Are these features of JB aosp or CM10? Or, is this an upstream CM10 bug, or a bug related to just this rom? Or is there some super secret hidden setting that I haven't found yet?

Thank you!

This rom FTW!

Toggle to auto brightness.

#90 schlomie

schlomie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

Toggle to auto brightness.

Oh geez. heh. Of course. Didn't notice I had toggled it off. Thank you!

#91 AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:20 AM

Oh geez. heh. Of course. Didn't notice I had toggled it off. Thank you!

no you have to toggle it on and off to get captive buttons to turn off, this bug was in every ICS ROM too.

#92 schlomie

schlomie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

no you have to toggle it on and off to get captive buttons to turn off, this bug was in every ICS ROM too.

Ah, interesting. I never noticed. Thanks for the info!

#93 AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

Ah, interesting. I never noticed. Thanks for the info!

screen rotation and wonky screenshots are the other 2 persistent bugs :-(

#94 schlomie

schlomie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

screen rotation and wonky screenshots are the other 2 persistent bugs :-(

Oh, cm9 related bugs then? Maybe why I never really noticed... I've only really used the debloated blur roms as daily drivers until now.

#95 MISSION33

MISSION33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

This is fantastic. Incredibly smooth. Thank you

#96 Guest_HOFFA_*

Guest_HOFFA_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

I really love the fact that free wifi tether now works.

#97 Stories

Stories

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

Oh, cm9 related bugs then? Maybe why I never really noticed... I've only really used the debloated blur roms as daily drivers until now.

It's a kernel related issue. Apparently there are some modules that are either different or missing in the Motorola kernel that CM utilizes, hence the bugs.
Android lover since 2009

#98 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

i usually prefer stock, but this rom sounded stable enough to try out. works very well except for google search and google now. i tried running "fix permissions" in safestrap advanced menu as previously suggested in this thread and that did not fix it. anyone else have any other suggestions?
for now i'm checking out the latest aokp stock kernel build STOCK-JB-aokp_targa_unofficial_Sep-26-12.zip as google search/google now are working fine with it.

#99 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

i usually prefer stock, but this rom sounded stable enough to try out. works very well except for google search and google now. i tried running "fix permissions" in safestrap advanced menu as previously suggested in this thread and that did not fix it. anyone else have any other suggestions?
for now i'm checking out the latest aokp stock kernel build STOCK-JB-aokp_targa_unofficial_Sep-26-12.zip as google search/google now are working fine with it.

Did you get the stock JB AOKP to boot?? I tried 3 different downloads same file location thought it was a bad download but still no boot!!

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#100 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

Did you get the stock JB AOKP to boot?? I tried 3 different downloads same file location thought it was a bad download but still no boot!!

yeah i downloaded from rombeotch and it worked first try; it does seem to take awhile on first boot though, like a few minutes. i always wipe data/factory reset and format system before new installs, other than that i didn't do anything else to get it to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users