420 replies to this topic

#121 BleedsOandB

BleedsOandB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter:BleedsOandB

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

What are you guys using for wifi tether? I can't seem to get it to work. I might be doing something wrong.

Go into settings, then under the wireless and networks portion (the top part) click on "More...", then you will see an option for "Tethering and portable hotspot"

Works like a champ. You can also set up a status bar toggle for it.

#122 Halloween240

Halloween240

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Twitter:Twitter.com/Halloween240
  • Google+:Halloween240
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

Just flashed the 9/29 version over 9/24 after whipping cache/dalvik. Installed fine and everything still working great. I think hach just did a little clean up of the rom. If i notice any big changes ill report them

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#123 tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh

Developer

• Developer
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:tehsusenoh

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

Anyone else having camera issues? I can't get my camera to work.

#124 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

Anyone else having camera issues? I can't get my camera to work.

Use Camera360 from the Play Store. Currently, camera doesn't work, as per every Jellybean Build. It wasn't until around 9/24-26 that Camera360 worked, so that's BIG progress

#125 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

still having issues with root access to /system; can't copy files to /system/app or /system/media. superuser's su binary update check also doesn't work. still not able to restore safe-side nandroid backups either, fails during /system restore. hashcode tweeted that he's working on safestrap 3.0 which will be based on twrp; hopefully backup/restore will get fixed in the process.

#126 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

Can't open the superuser update utility myself, even after clearing a bunch of unneeded stuff out of the system apps (live wallpapers, dsp mgr) in hopes that it was a free space issue.

Unable to play back videos friends shared with me. Back to CM9 after about 6-7 hours on 09/29-CM10.

No other big issues. Was trying the native hot spot in cm10, but no luck

#127 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

yeah i tried the same thing with deleting some bloat but still got the 0 byte error when trying to copy files over,

#128 Nola

Nola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

Picture messaging def not working. Some other issues with WIFI but those are easily resolved...

#129 deadman009

deadman009

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:deadman0187

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

I updated to the 9/29 build. Can't hear phone calls with bluetooth on. Other oddity is that Google music wont play (volume wise) by itself. Need other app as podcast or fm radio to play first before I can play Google with volume. Love the Jelly Bean. Mad props to Hashcode and all the others for all the work. Thanks Bro! Any direct payment to developer?

#130 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

^^^here's a link to hashcode's blog, paypal link is there...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

so i asked hashcode about why copying files to /system doesn't work and he replied that it's due to the lack of space on safestrap partition and that he's working on a fix. still don't understand why there's no room even after deleting bloat to make room for other stuff. i did find that i'm able to add/overwrite files within the zip using the stock linux gnome archive utility, but for some reason not able to do it with 7-zip on windows.
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

#131 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

Bionic cm10 builds and other nightlies an be found in the bionic developer section @ crackflasher.com

X

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • mhous33 likes this

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#132 YouthD

YouthD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Twitter:YouthD

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

Bionic cm10 builds and other nightlies an be found in the bionic developer section @ crackflasher.com

X

Or you could not post links to other sites since we're getting this straight from the man.

#133 YouthD

YouthD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Oops double post

#134 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

Sorry just trying to help. That build is 3 days old. Guess we'll save the bleeding edge for the crackflashers.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#135 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

I updated to the 9/29 build. Can't hear phone calls with bluetooth on.

I had the same issue. I know that the OP states you have to turn off BT when not paired or it will cause no audio issues but I was paired to the hands free function of the Prius and couldn't get phone audio at all. Even tried turning off BT and unparing, but no joy.
Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#136 tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh

Developer

• Developer
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:tehsusenoh

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

Use Camera360 from the Play Store. Currently, camera doesn't work, as per every Jellybean Build. It wasn't until around 9/24-26 that Camera360 worked, so that's BIG progress

That's the first thing I tried, no dice.

Also, it seems like ringtones don't work at all. Got the pleasure of not waking up this morning. I'd recommend not using CM10 (or at least 9/29) if you need alarms.

#137 FarmerKaine

FarmerKaine

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

Also, it seems like ringtones don't work at all. Got the pleasure of not waking up this morning. I'd recommend not using CM10 (or at least 9/29) if you need alarms.

I would like to add in something about the camera issues here. I've been using this as my daily driver for about a week now, and everything is working. The camera was a breaking point for me, so I needed a Rom with camera working in order to use it. After I flashed the ROM, it didn't work. I rebooted several times cleared cache and it still didn't work. To get the camera working, I went to back into recovery, and I formatted everything like I always do, but I also formatted system which I don't usually do. After another reinstall after formatting system, everything seemed to work. But like everybody else says you have to use camera 360 or some other app. I personally use camera zoom FX, and as soon as I launched it the first time, now the regular camera app seems to work also. I don't know how to explain that, but it does for me.

#138 YouthD

YouthD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

Hmm, my alarm worked this morning... Also, Camera FX works for me.

#139 frankie15

frankie15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hmm, my alarm worked this morning... Also, Camera FX works for me.

Yeah, alarm worked fine for me this morning as well.

The only issue I am having is with MMS. I wish I could get this to work consistently. No idea what the problem is.

EDIT: I may have found a possible solution. Navigate to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases and delete telephony.db. ALSO go to Settings>Apps>All and then find Messaging. Clear the data there and reboot. Now MMS is working for me. Let me know if this works for you guys as well

#140 Nola

Nola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Yeah, alarm worked fine for me this morning as well.

The only issue I am having is with MMS. I wish I could get this to work consistently. No idea what the problem is.

EDIT: I may have found a possible solution. Navigate to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases and delete telephony.db. ALSO go to Settings>Apps>All and then find Messaging. Clear the data there and reboot. Now MMS is working for me. Let me know if this works for you guys as well

Didn't work for me :/ no MMS is becoming a deal breaker, but I love everything else about the ROM. Any other ideas?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users