• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

I have several android devices. Nexus 7, HTC sensation (elegancia 3.1), Asus TF101(revolution), and RAZR(simplex).

Each of these devices are still on ICS. In the case of my RAZR, is on SIMPLEX 1.04 (8/4).

My nexus 7 is on Jellybean of course, but each of my other devices while on ICS all have GoogleNow either built into the ROM or simply added.

What other features are part of Jellybean that i may be missing? I really like all my current ROMS but using my nexus 7, haven't seen any particular feature setting it apart from ICS.

Is there anyone here who has upgraded to a Jelly ROM and would not go back to ICS?

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

With Google Now functioning on ICS and with the JB lockscreen stuff out there now. Im not sure how much extra features you get. That being said, I have JB on every Android device in my home. But i'm also the guy who wants to have the latest and greatest.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

It's more so interaction with the OS vs any single feature. It's smooth, fast and responsive! I wouldn't go back on my Razrmaxx.

Posted from DroidRazrMaxx using Tapatalk²
  • Narffran likes this
Posted Image

#4 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

Jb seems more responsive to me. Not much difference as far as over all looks but some small changes. Like say u have 2 SMS programs and u choose one and on ICS you have the option to set as default. With jb it let's u choose one program and then select just once or always to set it as default.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

#5 crbdenver

crbdenver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Twitter:ChuckBanning

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

Jb seems more responsive to me. Not much difference as far as over all looks but some small changes. Like say u have 2 SMS programs and u choose one and on ICS you have the option to set as default. With jb it let's u choose one program and then select just once or always to set it as default.

But is there a fully working JB rom? I really need the camera and I do change into landscape more quite often?

#6 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

DHacker and Hash have done great work so far on the jellybean front. The camera works on the "stock" builds... meaning none kexec. As far as improvements go the biggest visual change as you can tell from the N7 is the notifications. You may or may not notice much "experience" difference depending on the build you decided to go with. You stated you're on Simplex so I know you're on Safestrap! That said IMHO I think it would be worth it for you to flash a JB build and see if it suits your needs for now. Just make sure you have updated safe strap.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
  • droid4life likes this

#7 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

But is there a fully working JB rom? I really need the camera and I do change into landscape more quite often?

I'm running full throttle cm10 with jelly bean. No freezes, force closes, reboots lock ups on anything so far. Camera and data both working.

#8 dillanshives

dillanshives

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationVancouver Washington

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

I'm running full throttle cm10 with jelly bean. No freezes, force closes, reboots lock ups on anything so far. Camera and data both working.

Wait, REALLY? I had no clue the JB roms were that far along. I obviously need to check back more often. lolol
If I helped you at all, don't be afraid to hit that like button! :D

#9 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Wait, REALLY? I had no clue the JB roms were that far along. I obviously need to check back more often. lolol

Yup. I'm using KOA RESURRECTED. Works beautifully, no issues.. KOA is supposed to better on battery.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#10 ifonekillr

ifonekillr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:@ifonekillr
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

I am on Full Throttle Cm10 and loving it. Everything but video works for me so far. Data/camera/everything.
My Razr is sharp thanks to Droidrzr.com, I will cut you with it if I must.

#11 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Yup they've come a long way in a short time. I haven't tried video yet but now I'm gonna have to lol. O and front facing camera works too :)

#12 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

39.56KB   134 downloads there's my battery life on full throttle cm10 jelly bean.

#13 tonkyhonkin

tonkyhonkin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

I would point out that camera works, but flash does not. Also, taking still shots during a video does not work. Picture messaging (MMS) isn't working yet, but that one is supposed to be fixed in an update today.
Other than these issues, everything else has been spectacular on that ROM.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

#14 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

Awesome, thanks. i think i'll try it, at least on my Razr.

Can anyone reccomend a JB rom that has all the camera features working inlcuding video, and since i will occasionally push out my phone to my big screen to show pictures, the hdmi out would be nice, webtop is a plus but not critical as long as i can do mirroring.

#15 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

I would point out that camera works, but flash does not. Also, taking still shots during a video does not work. Picture messaging (MMS) isn't working yet, but that one is supposed to be fixed in an update today.
Other than these issues, everything else has been spectacular on that ROM.

Weird picture messaging works for me. Haven't tried flash and you tube seems to b working. Maybe me pic messaging is working cuz I use go SMS.

#16 tonkyhonkin

tonkyhonkin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

Just to be clear, I was talking about camera flash not working, not Adobe flash.

#17 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

ive been trying jb on my galaxy s 3 and im not impressed. no where near as smooth as some are claiming it is.

#18 midas

midas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

I just tried 2 different JB ROMS today. I really like them, but for me the deal breaker, right now, is the phone not working with Bluetooth. If you have BT turned on you can't hear the other party and they can't hear you. This happens both if you're actually connected or not connected. I use BT in my car all the time and can't be without it.

#19 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

I think others would agree that its really up to what you are looking for in a rom and how important some functions are to you. The JB roms have made leaps and bounds and are fantastic. I personally am happy with the ICS roms that we have now though. The best thing about android and our devs is the choices that we have.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • SMFRazr likes this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#20 tramalot

tramalot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAdirondacks

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

I do not know if it'll work with jelly bean the FV 5 camera app is awesome. What I'm running now works too good to change and I got too much installed . and no titanium backup for anything like that can I've got a copy everything manually to get it to backup right

Motorola RAZR MAXX - XT912 - 1325mhz - - SimplexROM 1.2 -LinuxInstaller UbuntuV5 - And if my spelling is incorrect it's voice recognition bla bla :-P
razr maxx root stk OS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users