Adr14ng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Google+:adriannn55@gmail.com
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

I too would like to know what works and what doesn't... I really don't care about hdmi... but i really dont need webtop... so is there anything with mms, flash, and right sized screens available? :)

#22 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

I too would like to know what works and what doesn't... I really don't care about hdmi... but i really dont need webtop... so is there anything with mms, flash, and right sized screens available?

What works and what doesn't is listed on every OP for every Rom. Every JB Rom I've seen has some kind of minor camera bug. Fixed by using third party camera app. HDMI and webtop also don't work. Those aren't issues with the Rom, they're issues with the kernel, and there's nothing anyone can do about that right now.

If you want to try a JB Rom, i really believe you would enjoy it and not want to switch back. That's the beauty of it tho... Flash all you want. There's no limit and you CAN always go back.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#23 kb3awq

kb3awq

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Twitter:kb3awq
  • Google+:kb3awq
  • LocationWilliamsport, PA

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Now that ICS has come and gone what almost 4 months ago now I havent seen much about Jelly Bean other than we are supposed to get it and some of the development that the developers have done. Its been quiet, not even any leaks... What the latest??
John * Rooted Droid 1 and Droid RAZR Owner * KB3AWQ.com * W3AHS.com * Electronics Geek

#24 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

Now that ICS has come and gone what almost 4 months ago now I havent seen much about Jelly Bean other than we are supposed to get it and some of the development that the developers have done. Its been quiet, not even any leaks... What the latest??

Huh? Most of the development is based off of jb.
  • quangtran1 likes this

#25 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

These new ROMs are mostly JB, except for the kernel.

#26 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

Alright, thanks everyone, but i'm back on ICS. I think the answer is mostly, NO.

Based on what everyone said, i tried 2 different JB roms (Full throttle and KOA resurrection).
Issues i found.

*Both had the Bluetooth issue i hate which means when i'm in my car, i have to manually flip to bluetooth and when i leave i have to manually flip it off or i won't hear anything on the calls.

*HDMI was not working.
*screen rotations were terrible, screen captures didn't work
*Data issues with both, had to reboot several times to get it back
*Some apps of mine did not work yet in JB
*Tethering didn't work.
*Battery life was bad
*MMS didn't work
*known camera and video issues.

So basically they have a while to go for me to want to switch to a permanent use ROM. I think if you have the time, it's nice to go in and see it, but i have a nexus 7 which came with JB, so nothing new for me except bugs.

Found a nice new ROM called Arctic HD by Matt which uses the circle widgets from RazrHD. holding on to this for now :) Everything works.

#27 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

Bluetooth, screen shots, rotation and no HDMI are all pretty common bugs for jb and cm roms. Glad u at least checked it out :)

Sent from my Droid Razr using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

#28 kb3awq

kb3awq

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Twitter:kb3awq
  • Google+:kb3awq
  • LocationWilliamsport, PA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

These new ROMs are mostly JB, except for the kernel.

OK. Just havent seen a lot about dev ones. Fully working or official Ive seen nothing about.
John * Rooted Droid 1 and Droid RAZR Owner * KB3AWQ.com * W3AHS.com * Electronics Geek

#29 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

I loved the 9/30 Stock JB CM10 release. Just flashed back to Simplex 1.3 but I may go back. Definitely still some bugs but it wasn't anything that bothered me much.

#30 Rycix

Rycix

Bouncing Ball Of Energy / Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

I'd say the Google now and shade updates are the main reasons to update. The api jump isn't that big like gb to ics, so I don't find it as big a deal.
Droid Razr XT912, cooling down with ICS on 6.16.211

Posted Image

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#31 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

I don't know why Bluetooth isn't listed as not working on most of the roms when it doesn't. I tried an AOKP rom and loved it but then found that Bluetooth didn't work. When I asked about it, it was stated that it was a known issue. So if it is known, why isn't it listed in the "Things that don't work" section?

Here in California we are required by law to use hands free in the car and it is also much easier to work on things with your hands when using Bluetooth so I can't use a rom that doesn't have working Bluetooth.

I am not bitc$%#g, just pointing out that many people need this to work and if it doesn't, it would be helpful to have it listed as such.

#32 eraursls84

eraursls84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

I don't know why Bluetooth isn't listed as not working on most of the roms when it doesn't. I tried an AOKP rom and loved it but then found that Bluetooth didn't work. When I asked about it, it was stated that it was a known issue. So if it is known, why isn't it listed in the "Things that don't work" section.

I've seen that listed in the known issues of most kexec roms since jb roms first started coming out. I think it still works on non kexec (stock ICS kernel) roms.

#33 a4udi98

a4udi98

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

JB is just overall smoother than ICS. The jump from GB-> ICS was more significant, but if you get fun out of flashin ROMs then I'd do it. SS3 allows for up to 3 ROMs so why not. I always have a JB and ICS rom on hand now :)

#34 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

I don't know why Bluetooth isn't listed as not working on most of the roms when it doesn't. I tried an AOKP rom and loved it but then found that Bluetooth didn't work. When I asked about it, it was stated that it was a known issue. So if it is known, why isn't it listed in the "Things that don't work" section?

Here in California we are required by law to use hands free in the car and it is also much easier to work on things with your hands when using Bluetooth so I can't use a rom that doesn't have working Bluetooth.

I am not bitc$%#g, just pointing out that many people need this to work and if it doesn't, it would be helpful to have it listed as such.

+1
I'm really hoping this is the next thing that gets fixed

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#35 Adr14ng

Adr14ng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Google+:adriannn55@gmail.com
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Anyone know a jb rom with underclovking ability and decent battery life and Bluetooth?

#36 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Anyone know a jb rom with underclovking ability and decent battery life and Bluetooth?

Doesn't exist.

#37 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:56 AM

i can live without HDMI and webtop, although i do use them daily. But i can't live without bluetooth. Since that's been an issue for any aosp rom, i doubt that it will ever get fixed. I will wait for a leak of JB.

#38 mr4r4n

mr4r4n

OSE-DEV

• Developer
  • 210 posts
  • Twitter:Cobra_CMDR_47
  • LocationNYS

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

is the screen off like the way it is in the screenshots?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users