Photo

[Rom][Razr - Cdma][Jellybean][Kexec][Stock][Aokp][Cyanogenmod10(Cyancore)] Jellycore By Team Speedcore

• Please log in to reply
704 replies to this topic

#501 applesucksballs

applesucksballs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Do you have it set on but in another app or the ROM itself?

Sent from my XT912 using TapatalkSent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#502 alchemist

alchemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Do you have it set on but in another app or the ROM itself?

Sent from my XT912 using TapatalkSent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

I know the settings for the governor and I/O scheduler in the ROM settings for AOKP don't hold on reboot, but they did used to persist inside ROM Toolbox Lite when TSC included it in their ROMs.

#503 legacystar

legacystar

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

I've noticed that CPU sleeper causes CPU1 to go offline and never restart. dont know how to fix this other then not use cpu sleeper

#504 alchemist

alchemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

I've noticed that CPU sleeper causes CPU1 to go offline and never restart. dont know how to fix this other then not use cpu sleeper

I used Titanium Backup to uninstall CPU Sleeper, then purchased and downloaded it from the Play Store. Works great and both CPUs are online when the screen is on.

#505 legacystar

legacystar

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

I used Titanium Backup to uninstall CPU Sleeper, then purchased and downloaded it from the Play Store. Works great and both CPUs are online when the screen is on.

Is the included version old?

#506 alchemist

alchemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Is the included version old?

EDIT: Check and see what your governor is currently set to (not what you THINK it's set to). I've noticed that if I change it to Interactive, CPU1 does seem to stay offline. I don't know if that is by design or not.

No, but it is installed as a system app and I honestly don't know exactly what difference that makes except that you can't uninstall it normally and the icon in the drawer is messed up initially and upon every cache+dalvik wipe, and it's causing the CPU offline issue. The Doctor mentioned several posts ago that he thought the permissions were set incorrectly for it (but Fix Permissions doesn't seem to fix that issue, maybe because it's a system app?). CPU Sleeper Dual Core (the same app that TSC integrated manually as a system app) was around $2 at the Play Store. My advice: use Titanium to uninstall, then purchase the app through the Play Store and try of out. I've had zero issues with it.

#507 legacystar

legacystar

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

EDIT: Check and see what your governor is currently set to (not what you THINK it's set to). I've noticed that if I change it to Interactive, CPU1 does seem to stay offline. I don't know if that is by design or not.

No, but it is installed as a system app and I honestly don't know exactly what difference that makes except that you can't uninstall it normally and the icon in the drawer is messed up initially and upon every cache+dalvik wipe, and it's causing the CPU offline issue. The Doctor mentioned several posts ago that he thought the permissions were set incorrectly for it (but Fix Permissions doesn't seem to fix that issue, maybe because it's a system app?). CPU Sleeper Dual Core (the same app that TSC integrated manually as a system app) was around $2 at the Play Store. My advice: use Titanium to uninstall, then purchase the app through the Play Store and try of out. I've had zero issues with it.

mines on interactive and cpu1 stays online if i dont use cpu sleeper.

#508 Taner

Taner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

How you guys turn on 3g/H icons and gsm signal bars? Mine is empty (((

#509 redjax

redjax

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

After updating to CyanCore v.1.3(revised), my battery is dying much, MUCH quicker than before. As in, I'm about 50% around noon. I used to be able to go all day with pretty heavy usage, and still have around 30% left at around 10pm.

I've downloaded every app I could find for battery usage monitoring, and they're all saying the same thing: Android OS is using a huge percentage of my battery life. Of course, that's all it tells me; not what PART of the OS is devouring my battery, just that it's the OS.

I've tried finding the culprit, and the deepest I've gotten is an app telling me my kernel is using a good 58% of my battery. Does anyone know how to stop this issue?

I love this ROM, but I'm thinking about switching to one with a better battery life, because this is just killing me.

#510 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:@disc_or_die
  • Google+:plus.google.com/104749243954429604279/
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

All the JB ROM's using the ICS Moto Kernel are going to experience some kind of battery issue. It has something to do when JB AOKP/CM coding is put on top of the JB AOSP based code. That is why TSC is creating their own source from AOSP. CNA seems to be the best on battery life or if you go with stock AOSP JB, but it's having all the other issues JB Roms have. My only problem with CNA has been no MMS at all :( Some don't have an issue with the battery life or camera. For those that don't follow Hashcode, they have returned to Kexec. They released some new ROM's using the Kexec kernel and have been testing since yesterday (might have been Friday). So stay tuned. I personally have been using DualCore (another TSC product) as my daily driver and cracking flashing on the 2nd ROM slot. Lots of good stuff in the pipeline folks. And...We have another game changer with the NEXUS 4 code dump hitting the servers over the past few days. It's just a matter of time before all these ROMs are now based on JB v4.2 ;)
  • weaponx likes this

#511 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

After updating to CyanCore v.1.3(revised), my battery is dying much, MUCH quicker than before. As in, I'm about 50% around noon. I used to be able to go all day with pretty heavy usage, and still have around 30% left at around 10pm.

I've downloaded every app I could find for battery usage monitoring, and they're all saying the same thing: Android OS is using a huge percentage of my battery life. Of course, that's all it tells me; not what PART of the OS is devouring my battery, just that it's the OS.

I've tried finding the culprit, and the deepest I've gotten is an app telling me my kernel is using a good 58% of my battery. Does anyone know how to stop this issue?

I love this ROM, but I'm thinking about switching to one with a better battery life, because this is just killing me.

. I had the same exact experience.. I thought it was just me but this rom destroyed my battery.. shame cause it was the best JB rom on my phone.. awesome.. cannot wait for what's coming..
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#512 legacystar

legacystar

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

you need to update your busybox, for some reason the cpu isn't stepping down, it just stays at 1.2ghz all the time

#513 TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

TeamSpeedCore

• Developer
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

My computer took a crash after trying out a different operating system, I have been trying to download the source from AOSP for a week now and something always goes wrong...know that this is my passion and I will not give up.
  • desireaftergod and Nitewolf like this
We don't ask for donations and don't expect them, but if you feel inclined here's the link:
Donate!

#514 g3ntl3man

g3ntl3man

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

you need to update your busybox, for some reason the cpu isn't stepping down, it just stays at 1.2ghz all the time

Sorry for the repeat post. Over heating, super heating, pegged out, CPU, 1200, 1.2, and processor point all over the place and I have been working all week to figure out what was causing my problem. The problem occurred for me after 1 day or about 24 hours after install. The culprit is Busybox and you need to update it, and then wipe cache and dalvik. Once you reboot you should be cool for almost anything. I watch Netflix, tether, and charge the battery and do not even heat up anymore. CyanCore v.1.3 is rock steady solid and I love it! Thanks for all the hard work Devs and please keep it up. Again sorry for reposting the fix, but the search was no help when using it.

GL everyone and shows these guys appreciation, not complaints!

#515 MonkeyMouth

MonkeyMouth

Boot Logo Master

• Superuser
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:Adriano.Badilla@gmail.com
  • LocationLaveen, Arizona
  • Current Device(s):DROID ULTRA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

As the others said. Updating the busy box and installing the lastest helped with the heating issues. Sitting pretty at the moment.

Posted Image

Yet again. It isn't nessacary. But if you like my work or just want to be generous. Buy me a Monster. So I can stay up:P

Posted Image

#516 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:@disc_or_die
  • Google+:plus.google.com/104749243954429604279/
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

testing out a new build folks, we hope to have testing done over the next few days. I am not sure where I saw and I apologize if I am stealing anyone's thunder (just chime in if you are the source), but Verizon SMS seems to have fix all the MMS issues I was having. I tried a number of other 3rd party apps and all failed. Honestly, I just always shied away from their Verizon Apps because we all see it as worthless bloat. I am eating crow, MMS is running like a champ now. I have tested Verizon SMS on a number of different JB builds and will be testing it on the new TSC build we are doing, so far so good. I will let TSC share which build it is, but I think the majority will be excited to see what these cats are bringing to the table! And yes, we still have all the usual source issues, buggy screen rotation, no flash on camera, force close on snipping a pic from video, etc, etc, etc.

#517 alchemist

alchemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

Is this a CM10, AOKP, or AOSP build?

#518 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Is this a CM10, AOKP, or AOSP build?

Jellycore = AOKP, Cyanocore =CM10

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#519 alchemist

alchemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Jellycore = AOKP, Cyanocore =CM10

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My question was directed at The Doctor and which particular build he was announcing. Sorry for the confusion.

#520 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

As the others said. Updating the busy box and installing the lastest helped with the heating issues. Sitting pretty at the moment.

Where can we get the busy box update? In play market? It didn't notify me of an update.. Did that help with your battery?
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users