Photo

[Rom][Razr - Cdma][Jellybean][Kexec][Stock][Aokp][Cyanogenmod10(Cyancore)] Jellycore By Team Speedcore

• Please log in to reply
704 replies to this topic

#641 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, Nexus 7, Midnight

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Its been a while since i have been on this forum. I cant find anything on the old MMS issue, from back in october?!, of it being confirmed fixed. I saw something on there was a workaround only, posted back in october. Is it safe to assume that it is fixed?

from what I've seen on other forums, its a general issue with the app (even if downloaded from the google store on stock). Use GO SMS Pro or Handcent

#642 NiPaMo

NiPaMo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:NiPaMo
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

I keep getting a download error.
Android fan since 12/9/10

#643 azpyroguy

azpyroguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

Thought I might add a issue to the list, after working with the Developer of the CerberusApp it was determined that the "screen shot" remote command was having a issue with this ROM. No matter what "method" was chosen from the config, the screen shots would come back either not at all (blank jpg), or as scrambed as shown below. Sorry about the size.... I resized them to 320 x 400 on the photo sharing site... but they still show up huge here.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#644 NiPaMo

NiPaMo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

I am using CyanCore and the only problem is with the gallery. Every time I open up the camera, the gallery force closes. I can't even use the camera. Could someone help me here?

#645 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, Nexus 7, Midnight

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

try flashing the CyanogenMod gapps straight from the source? I've been using the 10-11-12 version.

-also try downloading a 3rd party camera, like Pudding Camera.

I have found a bug where the video/camcorder isn't working, front or back facing camera. hadn't seen that mentioned yet

#646 cxba7dc04

cxba7dc04

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razar

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

url can't open.......

#647 N8_:)

N8_:)

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

Anyone know where CyanCore download link was I don't see it with the rest.

#648 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:@disc_or_die
  • Google+:plus.google.com/104749243954429604279/
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

Im stilling waiting for your news at 11. LOL

Heehee....will have the tweaks up later today. Been making sure battery life is solid.

#649 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Thought I might add a issue to the list, after working with the Developer of the CerberusApp it was determined that the "screen shot" remote command was having a issue with this ROM. No matter what "method" was chosen from the config, the screen shots would come back either not at all (blank jpg), or as scrambed as shown below. Sorry about the size.... I resized them to 320 x 400 on the photo sharing site... but they still show up huge here.

Posted ImagePosted Image

The screen shot issue is source related and it has to do with the locked bootloader from Moto/Verizon. We are still stuck on the ICS Blur Kernel from Moto. Until that bad boy is unlocked, any JB Based ROM is going to have issues since it has to use an inferior kernel. If they ever get Kexec tweaked and fixed, a number of these issues will go away. Hashcode is working on CM10.1 (JB 4.21) and have no idea if/when Kexec will be out there for us to use as a daily.

#650 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Anyone know where CyanCore download link was I don't see it with the rest.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I have a call into TSC...I don't see Cyancorev1.5 up there. Directories got jumbled around, I wonder if it just got "lost"

**UPDATE** Since it's still in a test phase, he took it down when it got moved around. He is rebuilding it to capture the latest and greatest updates from the CM team. Should see it soon!
  • livinitwarrior likes this

#651 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Im stilling waiting for your news at 11. LOL

TSC and I were actually talking and it sounds like he is going to revisit his tweaks, so mine could change based on what he does. There have also been a number of changes to ROM Tool Box, but you can also do the same via System Tuner or any other kind of Root App that will tweak your system files. And again, myself or any of the Dev's are not responsible to bad mojo on your phone. These are tweaks that are working for me and I am just sharing them, and I DO NOT USE the Performance option in CM10. It doesn't work properly with the kernel and a 3rd Party App does. IF you brick your phone, it's on you (but there is a fix now ;)):
  • Open ROM Tool Box and scroll over to "Performance"
  • Click CPU Control. I am using I/O Scheduler SIO and it's cooking so far love the additional read/write speed. I am also on the "pegasusq" Governor Check apply on Boot
  • Back out and then click "Kernel Tweaks" I am NO LONGER tweaking the Sysctl Tweaks. TSC already has this tweaked out and putting these tweaks on top of his tweaks is putting too much strain on the OS, and killing the Battery faster. Scroll over to Governor and check "Apply at boot" I have played with these settings here and there, and for now and on this kernel I am finding the default is working pretty good
  • Back out and click "Memory Manager" I have played with all options, and I am finding that the "Optimal" setting is best when you compare Battery Life vs Performance. Yes, you get better performance cranking this all the way up, but Battery life suffers. If you have to have 2D/3d Graphics firing on all cylinders, then crank this all the way up. Click "Apply" and then check "Apply at boot"
  • Back out and click SD Boost. The optimal setting is "2048KB" I have ran the benchmarks and "3072kb" is an improvement but again, makes your CPU work harder using more battery. The difference is significant though, but I still landed on 2048KB
And that's all I have for now. Been testing since Sunday, very, very solid.

#652 azpyroguy

azpyroguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

The screen shot issue is source related and it has to do with the locked bootloader from Moto/Verizon. We are still stuck on the ICS Blur Kernel from Moto. Until that bad boy is unlocked, any JB Based ROM is going to have issues since it has to use an inferior kernel. If they ever get Kexec tweaked and fixed, a number of these issues will go away. Hashcode is working on CM10.1 (JB 4.21) and have no idea if/when Kexec will be out there for us to use as a daily.

They are getting as bad as the auto manufactures locking us out of our own cars so we cant go in and modify things to make them better or upgrade parts for OEM.

#653 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

They are getting as bad as the auto manufactures locking us out of our own cars so we cant go in and modify things to make them better or upgrade parts for OEM.

Keep in mind the Razr launched while still under the entire Moto umbrella. Google was in the process of acquiring Moto Mobility from Motorola and Google has already started to clean that mess up. All the new models have the ability to have the bootloader unlocked, plus the Dev models come without an unlocked bootloader as well. This are changing big time and the days of Verizon, AT&T, Apple, etc trying to FORCE us to use our devices a certain way are soon a thing of the past. Even Amazon bragged that the new Kindel fire HD was using Govt level encryption and there's no way it could be hacked. The guys over at XDA had that thing cracked in less that 72 hours. With Google at helm now at Motorola Mobility, it's only a matter of time before only Nexus devices are available via Moto and no lock outs. Just takes time to clean up all the crap and fix things. We just had Honeywell here for a Demo last week. They threw up the chart comparing Android vs MS & Apple.....Android is killing everyone and it's by a HUGE gap!

#654 cole2kb

cole2kb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

Using Jellycore and loving it so far. No issues that haven't already been reported. Thanks for your work.

Any idea how I might get the stock Blur camera app on here? Tried pulling the modified version as well as the one from my stock image, ADB push to /system/app, set permissions, and reboot -- neither work properly or even show up in my app drawer.

#655 azpyroguy

azpyroguy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

That's good to know... I knew Android was killing Crapple by a long shot....I only have a iPad because I managed to get it free through a points redemption program and it was the only thing worthwhile on the list. I know VZW hated the fact how they got slapped for not allowing the use of alternate tetherning system that bypassed their "fee" method because of a frequency or range they use prohibits them from forcing customers to pay... dunno the whole story... but found it rather amusing how they got smacked for it.

Keep in mind the Razr launched while still under the entire Moto umbrella. Google was in the process of acquiring Moto Mobility from Motorola and Google has already started to clean that mess up. All the new models have the ability to have the bootloader unlocked, plus the Dev models come without an unlocked bootloader as well. This are changing big time and the days of Verizon, AT&T, Apple, etc trying to FORCE us to use our devices a certain way are soon a thing of the past. Even Amazon bragged that the new Kindel fire HD was using Govt level encryption and there's no way it could be hacked. The guys over at XDA had that thing cracked in less that 72 hours. With Google at helm now at Motorola Mobility, it's only a matter of time before only Nexus devices are available via Moto and no lock outs. Just takes time to clean up all the crap and fix things. We just had Honeywell here for a Demo last week. They threw up the chart comparing Android vs MS & Apple.....Android is killing everyone and it's by a HUGE gap!

#656 hbar98

hbar98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSouthern Illinois

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Why is it that Moto phones apparently can't be unlocked, and these other devices, like the Fire HD, and other devices, can be unlocked by the community. For example, the Galaxy S3 was sold as a locked device, but some devs were able to unlock it, but the RAZR is still locked down tight. Why are Moto phones so hard to unlock?

#657 cole2kb

cole2kb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Did a quick search and didn't see anything. Jellycore 1.5 -- setting a boot animation via ROM Control causes a force close.

#658 NiPaMo

NiPaMo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

try flashing the CyanogenMod gapps straight from the source? I've been using the 10-11-12 version.

-also try downloading a 3rd party camera, like Pudding Camera.

I have found a bug where the video/camcorder isn't working, front or back facing camera. hadn't seen that mentioned yet

It still isn't working. 3rd party apps will just FC. The gallery works fine and I can take pictures directly from the texting app. The problem occurs when I open the camera app. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

#659 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

Why is it that Moto phones apparently can't be unlocked, and these other devices, like the Fire HD, and other devices, can be unlocked by the community. For example, the Galaxy S3 was sold as a locked device, but some devs were able to unlock it, but the RAZR is still locked down tight. Why are Moto phones so hard to unlock?

Locking of the Bootloader is pretty much a Carrier demand. There is this idea in the industry that if we have free reign on our OWN devices, we will have some sort of uncanny access to their network. They are under the impression (or least tell us) that there is a genuine fear we'll be able to get into the system/network. So they lock the bootloader, but really its so they can control their product offering. They don't want you taking a Moto Razr and using it on a AT&T network for example. And keep in mind Moto isn't the only guilty party. Samsung is now locking devices. HTC locked their devices and offered no Dev support, which almost killed HTC in 2011/2012. Samsung never used to be that way, but have now cut off Dev support. HTC, Moto and Sony have changed. They finally realize that with out TSC, Bytcode, istick, XDA, Hashcode, dhacker, the list is too long to even name...but without these guys, their source of AOSP would be $#!+. How many features from an unlocked, rooted phones have made their way into source Android code...all from CM, AOKP, etc, etc, etc. Tons of the new features in 4.2.1 were standard in CM and AOKP for awhile. Google sees that and fully embraces it. They WANT us beating the crap out of that code and pushing it to the limit. And they are really pushing their phone MFR's to do the same, but they cannot control it....Until they bought Moto :)

For record, I don't think they fully unlocked the SIII. I believe they are using a very high up exploit to insert a Recovery like Safestrap so they can bypass the bootloader just like how we have to do now. I think they are using TWRP, but I am sure CWM is in there too. But, this has turned many, many Devs away from Samsung. HTC, Sony and Moto are fully embracing the community right now. They know that all of crackflashers and Devs are the REAL driving force behind the technology. We might be a blip when you look at the entire consumer market radar, but we are a Monster in the shadows!

#660 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

It still isn't working. 3rd party apps will just FC. The gallery works fine and I can take pictures directly from the texting app. The problem occurs when I open the camera app. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

You can try two things at this point....Fix Permissions in SafeStrap. If that fails....Full wipe across the board and redownload both ZIPs and re-install. It has been my daily all week, zero issues outside the norm. Just used camera this morning

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users