615 replies to this topic

#281 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

Try the app.... if that don't do it I know the PC version will.

Sent from my VS980 4G

:D

• nobe1976 likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#282 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

OK now we need some Roms to take advantage of this blessing lol !!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• GilmourD likes this

#283 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong... I am completely lost here.

Flashed back to JB, wouldn't boot. Got hung on the boot animation. Did another flash but with a full wipe (have everything totally backed up, not a big deal) and it booted up. Went into the recovery and touch didn't work. No problem, got one version back of TWRP and flashed it, worked fine. Downloaded Carbon ROM and the latest signed GApps. Wiped all partitions except for SD card, flashed the ROM then GApps, hangs on bootloader. Cleaned cache, same thing. Retried it all, same thing. I then downloaded a CM11 snapshot and tried it, and the same results as Carbon. Interestingly, the boot logo never changed, it remained the default Motorola unlocked warning. I now flashed back to KK and went back to the Google play edition, and restored a backup. I haven't a clue what I could be doing wrong. Any ideas at all?

Moto X 2014 Pure Edition Unlocked on Pure Rooted 5.1
Motorola Droid Razr M Unlocked on Some ROM
Archos G9 101 Developer Edition on Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.3 Unofficial/Stable

#284 jtommyj

jtommyj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

Different bootloaders ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#285 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

I don't want to be insensitive so please don't take offense to this.   But the custom rom stuff...please move it to the appropriate threads.  This thread is about getting you rooted, unlocked, and custom recovery installed.  I personally can't help with roms and there's a whole forum out there for it.  Again, no offense to anyone, but, this isn't the thread where you're going to get rom help. Thanks!

• xKroniK13x and watson387 like this

#286 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2014 Pure Edition || Motorola DROID RAZR M || Archos G9 101 || Microsoft Surface Pro 2 || Chromecast

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

I don't want to be insensitive so please don't take offense to this.   But the custom rom stuff...please move it to the appropriate threads.  This thread is about getting you rooted, unlocked, and custom recovery installed.  I personally can't help with roms and there's a whole forum out there for it.  Again, no offense to anyone, but, this isn't the thread where you're going to get rom help. Thanks!

You can delete my above post, I will move it accordingly.  :)

#287 nal

nal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD xt907/26, LG G2, Nexus 7 2012

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

Thanks for the help everyone, I'm not going to unlock because I'm happy as is with what I have now. Thank you, SamuriHL!

• SamuriHL and nobe1976 like this

#288 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

you should trade it to someone that can appreciate it.....sad waste IMHO, but its your device

#289 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

Thanks for the help everyone, I'm not going to unlock because I'm happy as is with what I have now. Thank you, SamuriHL!

You're welcome.  I will leave you with this thought....before you take the next update, think long and hard about whether you wanna unlock or not.  Being unlocked isn't going to change anything that's on your phone as it stands right now.  It will simply open up a ton of options for you later down the road should you become more adventurous.  But once that hole is closed, it's gone.  You can't count on it coming back.  Ask those who missed the hole a year ago how it feels to know they could have unlocked, chose not to, and lost the opportunity until now.  They all hated it.  Having to find root exploits for each new version on an 18 month old phone.  You guys have been lucky these past 2 versions that another exploit happened to work on your phones.  Will the luck hold?  I don't know.  So think hard and decide what's best for you.  

#290 nal

nal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

You're welcome.  I will leave you with this thought....before you take the next update, think long and hard about whether you wanna unlock or not.  Being unlocked isn't going to change anything that's on your phone as it stands right now.  It will simply open up a ton of options for you later down the road should you become more adventurous.  But once that hole is closed, it's gone.  You can't count on it coming back.  Ask those who missed the hole a year ago how it feels to know they could have unlocked, chose not to, and lost the opportunity until now.  They all hated it.  Having to find root exploits for each new version on an 18 month old phone.  You guys have been luck these past 2 versions that another exploit happened to work on your phones.  Will the luck hold?  I don't know.  So think hard and decide what's best for you.  

If I do though, how can I remove root

Just Full Unroot?

Also lmfao, did anyone else get a root access notification from My Verizon Mobile

My issue from before was that I removed all the bloat applications from my phone, instead of freezing so I'll probably just disable them now and when the update comes and theres another exploit or something by then, I'll do it

#291 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

If I do though, how can I remove root

Just Full Unroot?

Also lmfao, did anyone else get a root access notification from My Verizon Mobile

Removing root is as simple as SuperSU's full unroot option.  Note, however, that anything you change on System with root while you have it won't be undone by simply uninstalling.  I know your personal trials with flashing so I get why you're reluctant, but,if you have issues, him me up in a pm before you flash if you ever have to and I'll help you out.  But if you don't change anything on system, you won't need to flash....just supersu unroot.  If you're unlocked, you can always get it back without exploits.  So, I HIGHLY recommend people who care about root unlock even if they have zero interest in flashing roms just so they can protect the ability to always maintain root through any update.

• Thach likes this

#292 nal

nal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

Removing root is as simple as SuperSU's full unroot option.  Note, however, that anything you change on System with root while you have it won't be undone by simply uninstalling.  I know your personal trials with flashing so I get why you're reluctant, but,if you have issues, him me up in a pm before you flash if you ever have to and I'll help you out.  But if you don't change anything on system, you won't need to flash....just supersu unroot.  If you're unlocked, you can always get it back without exploits.  So, I HIGHLY recommend people who care about root unlock even if they have zero interest in flashing roms just so they can protect the ability to always maintain root through any update.

The most I've done right now is installed the stock browser, I installed adaway and titanium backup. I've done nothing to the system applications and do not plan on it so I think I'll be fine. I mean the most I've done to the apps is disable them through the settings so I think just unrooting by doing that wouldn't effect anything

#293 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

The most I've done right now is installed the stock browser, I installed adaway and titanium backup. I've done nothing to the system applications and do not plan on it so I think I'll be fine. I mean the most I've done to the apps is disable them through the settings so I think just unrooting by doing that wouldn't effect anything

The stock browser has to be installed in system/apps if I'm not mistaken.  So that's a system change that potentially could mess with an OTA's assertions.  Just be aware.

#294 nal

nal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

The stock browser has to be installed in system/apps if I'm not mistaken.  So that's a system change that potentially could mess with an OTA's assertions.  Just be aware.

Can't I just remove it normally? The installer has an option to remove it.

#295 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

Can't I just remove it normally? The installer has an option to remove it.

Yup.  BEFORE you unroot.  :)

• nal likes this

#296 nal

nal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

Yup.  BEFORE you unroot.   :)

okay thank god I don't need to do any flashing. Thanks again though :lol:

#297 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

Like I said if you ever find yourself in a position where you have no other option but to flash, pm me and I'll help you.

• shane1 likes this

#298 In Awe

In Awe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

oops

• SamuriHL likes this

#299 xKroniK13x

xKroniK13x

• Superuser
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:15 PM

I had the exact same thing happen with BlurryHD 2.2 ROM. It would just hang on blurry's boot logo. I went back to kitkat as well. Has anyone had a successful ROM flashed on the 9.30.1 downgrade. I used a couple different versions of TWRP to no joy. Also had TWRP 2.7.1.0 with no touch and frozen up (works great in KitKat).

Come over to my new thread and let's figure this out...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

• SamuriHL and shane1 like this

#300 Guest_akah2onc4_*

Guest_akah2onc4_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

Excellent Thread...maybe a little off topic...i'm building a blog strictly for the intent of exposing unfamiliar talent...can anybody evoke a sizzling original artiste that not a soul has ever noticed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users