615 replies to this topic

#301 andrusa

andrusa

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

Use the Keep Data script again and that'll fix you up.  If not, post the SWDL txt file from the RSD directory and I'll take a look.

Nope it didn't work, I have attached the SWDL link below, thnx in advance

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#302 Ttambo

Ttambo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD Maxx

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:03 PM

Everything worked great, thanks Samurai!

• SamuriHL likes this

#303 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:27 AM

Nope it didn't work, I have attached the SWDL link below, thnx in advance

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

What, exactly, is the file name of the FXZ you're flashing?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Non potest esse nisi unus

#304 andrusa

andrusa

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:35 AM

What, exactly, is the file name of the FXZ you're flashing?

I don't quite remember, it was the FXZ that I used when I was manually upgrading to KitKat update (I was earlier on build 9.18.72), is that the problem? :D

p.s: If necessary I can check for sure later today, because at the moment I'm at work.

#305 nal

nal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD xt907/26, LG G2, Nexus 7 2012

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:36 AM

You should be on 98.30.1 iirc if you're going to flash 4.4 Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#306 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:52 AM

I don't quite remember, it was the FXZ that I used when I was manually upgrading to KitKat update (I was earlier on build 9.18.72), is that the problem? :D
p.s: If necessary I can check for sure later today, because at the moment I'm at work.

You were already on 4.4.2 so you can't use full or keep data scripts to flash a previous FXZ. That is why it failed. Use the keep data script on build 183 to fix the phone, then if you want to downgrade you must flash the universal script with the old FXZ.

#307 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:53 AM

You should be on 98.30.1 iirc if you're going to flash 4.4Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

He was already on 4.4.2 so he can't flash 9.30.1 normally. No one in this thread is dealing with installing ota updates. This is all FXZ flashing.

#308 nal

nal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:54 AM

He was already on 4.4.2 so he can't flash 9.30.1 normally. No one in this thread is dealing with installing ota updates. This is all FXZ flashing.

oh, i thought he was trying to update with that firmware

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#309 andrusa

andrusa

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:55 AM

You should be on 98.30.1 iirc if you're going to flash 4.4 Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I was not going to flash the 4.4, I was just trying to root/unlock my phone which was already on 4.4 and I have wrongly understood the instructions in the post and flashed the flash_tz.xml with most probably the 9.30 FXZ and now I'm stuck in Fastboot mode with fastboot reason being: Flash failure. And I don't know what to do further in order to get my phone exit fastboot mode and unlock/root my phone. I'm ok with flashing my KitKat rom again but not sure what are the correct steps so I would not brick my phone. I was thinking of flashing through RSD lite the 4.4.2 FXZ but don't know for sure if that is correct

#310 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:58 AM

I was not going to flash the 4.4, I was just trying to root/unlock my phone which was already on 4.4 and I have wrongly understood the instructions in the post and flashed the flash_tz.xml with most probably the 9.30 FXZ and now I'm stuck in Fastboot mode with fastboot reason being: Flash failure. And I don't know what to do further in order to get my phone exit fastboot mode and unlock/root my phone. I'm ok with flashing my KitKat rom again but not sure what are the correct steps so I would not brick my phone. I was thinking of flashing through RSD lite the 4.4.2 FXZ but don't know for sure if that is correct

Breath. :) flash the keep data script with the 183 4.4.2 FXZ and you'll be back up. Root, then unlock, then golden. We got this.

#311 nal

nal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:00 AM

oh, alright. don't make the mistake I did and flash with a low battery.

#312 andrusa

andrusa

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:04 AM

You were already on 4.4.2 so you can't use full or keep data scripts to flash a previous FXZ. That is why it failed. Use the keep data script on build 183 to fix the phone, then if you want to downgrade you must flash the universal script with the old FXZ.

Ok, I'll try doing that. But after doing that can I use this FXZ to install again the build 183... ? because I had some problems with this build, sometimes I could not unlock my phone even though I was receiving calls in the background and I had to force restart my phone, this bug is very annoying.

#313 andrusa

andrusa

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:09 AM

Breath. :) flash the keep data script with the 183 4.4.2 FXZ and you'll be back up. Root, then unlock, then golden. We got this.

Ok :) Thanks for the help!

#314 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:19 AM

Yea, flash 183 with keep data, root, and unlock.  Then if you wanna go back to JB we can get that hooked up.  One step at a time.  And yes, make sure the battery is charged.  Very important.

#315 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:35 AM

WTF

Edited by 7eregrine, 19 June 2014 - 04:39 AM.

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#316 nal

nal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:36 AM

If I do decide to unlock my bootloader though, will ota's no longer work? When that update comes out I might consider flashing cm11 or something because I don't want to be pestered by update notifications (I can probably freeze it through titanium backup though) but yeah. This update is pretty much motorola saying sorry about motoblur lol. If I do, should I use the apk or the windows zip? Someone else on my firmware in this topic said the apk worked and people are saying use the zip, what would be safer?

#317 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:38 AM

If I do decide to unlock my bootloader though, will ota's no longer work? When that update comes out I might consider flashing cm11 or something because I don't want to be pestered by update notifications (I can probably freeze it through titanium backup though) but yeah. This update is pretty much motorola saying sorry about motoblur lol. If I do, should I use the apk or the windows zip? Someone else on my firmware in this topic said the apk worked and people are saying use the zip, what would be safer?

Unlocking won't impact the ability to install ota's.  APK is easier by far.  Try it.  If it doesn't work, then we'll walk you through the zip version.

#318 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:40 AM

Not sure what happened with that last post of mine:

Just want to backup Samurai on this.

Even if it's for the simple reason of FREEZING (with TItanium Backup) that damn Football game app that is preloaded onto our phones. It's worth it for that ALONE!    :D Never seeing that app ask for an update and take up more space on my phone is a blessing. 

Of course, if you like that Football game... 

I'D STILL ROOT AND UNLOCK!

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#319 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:40 AM

And to reiterate....it won't brick you. It'll either work and unlock you, or it won't and change literally nothing.

#320 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,508 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:41 AM

Forum quoting - you fail.  :p  :D

• RikRong likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic