Photo

[Cdma Razr][Gingerbread] [Rom] Eclipse Razr V1.3 (2/25/12)

• Please log in to reply
1746 replies to this topic

#1581 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

Just made a nandroid, formatted data/cache, disabled safestrap,(all in safestrap) flashed the update (moto recovery) since it's officially official now lol, and just rerooted , installed safestrap, (all using Matt 1.51) wiped cache and davlik, and restoring system+data as we speak.... give me a few mins :-)

Edit:

Worked like a charm. Still says it's on .173, but 4G connects, wifi connects, bluetooth works! I just called voicemail and it worked like a charm.

#1582 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Just made a nandroid, formatted data/cache, disabled safestrap,(all in safestrap) flashed the update (moto recovery) since it's officially official now lol, and just rerooted , installed safestrap, (all using Matt 1.51) wiped cache and davlik, and restoring system+data as we speak.... give me a few mins :-)

Edit:

Worked like a charm. Still says it's on .173, but 4G connects, wifi connects, bluetooth works! I just called voicemail and it worked like a charm.

It's going to say 173 because that is the system version.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#1583 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Thanks for the great ROM.

#1584 kimmperkins

kimmperkins

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Thanks for the great ROM.

Ditto! It is skinny and sexy and I get great battery life! Where do I, nevermind, I guess I click on "donate".... :)
  • looneyluna likes this

#1585 razrmattnc

razrmattnc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:thomasryanmatt
  • Google+:matt.thomasud
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:42 AM

Anyone have a package of the bloat that was removed? I actually liked some of it that was removed. Not going to stop using this rom because of it, this is my fav razr rom, but it would be nice if there was a package and I could pull out what I dont want. I know everyone cant be catered to. A lot of times on evo they would rip everything out and then when you flash put a folder on your sd that had all the removed apk, or post one in the op for those that wanted that bloat crap :). Saw a similar file for the razrx but it was for .748 and odex.
  • cheating_on_my_iphone4 and looneyluna like this

#1586 Pike

Pike

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

I just want to say that this is the best and most stable ROM that I have flashed for the Razr since I bought it. Thanks so much, I dont even care we havent had an update because the version we have is awesome!
  • jtelander, kimmperkins and looneyluna like this

#1587 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

I just want to say that this is the best and most stable ROM that I have flashed for the Razr since I bought it. Thanks so much, I dont even care we havent had an update because the version we have is awesome!

I agree with this.!

#1588 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

Anyone have a package of the bloat that was removed? I actually liked some of it that was removed. Not going to stop using this rom because of it, this is my fav razr rom, but it would be nice if there was a package and I could pull out what I dont want. I know everyone cant be catered to. A lot of times on evo they would rip everything out and then when you flash put a folder on your sd that had all the removed apk, or post one in the op for those that wanted that bloat crap . Saw a similar file for the razrx but it was for .748 and odex.

I think i read somewhere in the forum that you can take the apk from the. 173 rooted file and using a root browser put them back in your system folder.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
  • razrmattnc likes this

#1589 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

So, I'm currently running 6.12.173.XT912 stock and rooted. Is it OK to take the OTA to .181 and before adding Eclipse?

#1590 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

First off, you can't take ota if your rootet on a rom you have to be 100% stock. Second, you can't be on 181 and then flash eclipse. To flash eclipse you must be 173.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1591 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

Edit:

So, is there a benefit to doing this?

#1592 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

That's a new one on me.... I beg my pardon... Lol didn't know that could be done... Good job on that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1593 carbon14c

carbon14c

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:carbon14c

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

got a few strange issues, they all seemed to pop up at the same time

-no icon indicating a mobile network data connection even though it is connected (no 4g, no 3g, no 1x...but i am connected)
-i cannot open the call settings menu
-all alert ringtones were reset, i have to go through and manually set the ringtone for each individual notification now or it will ring as the default

up until a day or two, everything had been working very smooth. i'll include screenshots to explain. as much as i don't want to, i will probably end up doing a data wipe and starting over.. or trying another ROM

motorola razr
verizon (cdma)
ecl 1.3

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1594 razrmattnc

razrmattnc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

I think i read somewhere in the forum that you can take the apk from the. 173 rooted file and using a root browser put them back in your system folder.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Thanks, I was going to do that yesterday except the file for the stock rooted .173 was pulled :(. I tried flashing the odex .748 only to boot loop, tried backing them up in titanium and flashing and restoring, didn't work either. Maybe I can pull them from the Arctic zip? It has more bloat and is deodexed...

#1595 cheating_on_my_iphone4

cheating_on_my_iphone4

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Thanks, I was going to do that yesterday except the file for the stock rooted .173 was pulled :(. I tried flashing the odex .748 only to boot loop, tried backing them up in titanium and flashing and restoring, didn't work either. Maybe I can pull them from the Arctic zip? It has more bloat and is deodexed...

I'm looking to do same same thing. So far I've had no luck.... Please post some details if you figure it out. I'll do the same if I get it too. Thanks!

#1596 razrmattnc

razrmattnc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

I'm looking to do same same thing. So far I've had no luck.... Please post some details if you figure it out. I'll do the same if I get it too. Thanks!

Arctic did have some more bloat that I could pull. I successfully downloaded it, extracted, pushed some apps to /system/apps and changed the permissions to match. It worked for a few ike social location, mygallery, and a couple others, then i got greedy...i deleted all the duplicates from the eclipse system from the arctic system and then pushed the rest, some like 30 apk's or so. That was too much and i killed my phone service somehow. You can push them one by one and see which ones work ok but I dont have that much time. Oh well maybe the OP has them somewhere...I'll wait.

#1597 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:12 AM

For you GO Launcher users out there I have a matching theme you can download from the market:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Bought it...thanks

#1598 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Just wanted to confirm that I successfully loaded Eclipse 1.3 over the .181 OTA. Only had it up for a couple hours, but no issues so far. I'll report back if I find anything.

#1599 itzAstonish

itzAstonish

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:itzAstonish

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

For some reason when I flashed this my google email didn't take and when I was done with set up it went back to the "touch android to start set up" screen and then I was having errors with play store and OTA's. Any idea? I tried another wipe, with no luck.

#1600 listenman20

listenman20

Chat Room Support

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouth GA

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

For some reason when I flashed this my google email didn't take and when I was done with set up it went back to the "touch android to start set up" screen and then I was having errors with play store and OTA's. Any idea? I tried another wipe, with no luck.

read the OP?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users