Photo

[Cdma Razr][Gingerbread] [Rom] Eclipse Razr V1.3 (2/25/12)

• Please log in to reply
1746 replies to this topic

#1641 budeone

budeone

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hello, I installed this on a co-workers phone and its been great so far.. Thanks!!

#1642 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

You could be the guinea pig (lol) :D

Well I got it loaded in slot 1 and it is up and running. Seems to have a two small issues. I only have 4G data, When I change to CDMA only I have no data. I also tried to go to market, I got a error for not enough space to download apps. I never saw this on the DX need to figure out what to do. I could boot recovery and restore my phone rom, but I rather get this to work right.

Edit- Not enough room for messages coming in either

vtc.png

#1643 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

@vtwinbmx

I spoke via email to 1 of the devs last nite. He said it should work. Since you have probs, contact the devs via the link usually in the help screen, or if not there, in the apps page onethe market… the devs are responsive & pls keep me posted, I'm interested in using BMgr myself.
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1644 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:08 PM

@vtwinbmx

I spoke via email to 1 of the devs last nite. He said it should work. Since you have probs, contact the devs via the link usually in the help screen, or if not there, in the apps page onethe market… the devs are responsive & pls keep me posted, I'm interested in using BMgr myself.

Here is a quick update. I forgot to set the size of the space for the slot. Default is auto. Changing size will stop this error message.

Now for the 3G Data issue. This was a trial by error I made the guess that it would work being on .181 base. However there was a 3G radio change from the .173 base. 4G radio did not change. That is why I had 4G and not 3G data. Which is fine no need to SBF to get 3G data on this rom when it is in a slot.

Hope this helps.

Download boot manager and have no worries it works fine. I had to reboot recovery and install my update zip file to get back to the phone rom which work perfectly. It only took 15 seconds or so to flash this update file and rebooted fast like nothing ever happened.

vtc.png

#1645 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

@vtwinbmx, thanks for your results & tips.

As a general usage policy, I leave network on 3G when R leave it on; to save battery over 4G consumption - I have other battery eatind things that I use more often & also;
I
I have a basement apt. so I usually don't get 4G & I then need 3G… BTW. does BMgr have in-app docs about the settings you just mentioned? I am a techie who actually wants to see the manual - at least for system-changing apps / routines that are in BMgr…

Guess I'll steer the devs to this thread & see what can be done to help all…

All the best, seeker
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1646 jonwgee

jonwgee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Twitter:JonWGee
  • Google+:jonwgee
  • LocationDekalb IL

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Boot manager support

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Maxx
maxx

#1647 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

@vtwinbmx, thanks for your results & tips.

As a general usage policy, I leave network on 3G when R leave it on; to save battery over 4G consumption - I have other battery eatind things that I use more often & also;
I
I have a basement apt. so I usually don't get 4G & I then need 3G… BTW. does BMgr have in-app docs about the settings you just mentioned? I am a techie who actually wants to see the manual - at least for system-changing apps / routines that are in BMgr…

Guess I'll steer the devs to this thread & see what can be done to help all…

All the best, seeker

I would try free version. I had paid app from dx days. Follow links and watch the video on their website. There is as a forum that you could look over.
Back on topic.
This rom is good for a blur rom if you need everything working on your phone that doesn't work on ics builds. If you are on .173 flash away no worries if you are on .181 sbf back to .173 to get 3g data since you need it

vtc.png

#1648 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

@vtwinbmx & @ jonwge thanks.

just got to local wifi cafe & saw a video fm Youtube... unfortunately it wasn't deep enough - it didn't go inyo the settings you mentioned that obviously seem to matter a great deal.

I'll be sure to check out the vid on their site…

sounds ironic, that their should be a prob w/3G radio on latest os build w/BMgr - cause yhe 181 build is known for improved 3G cdma & 4G LTE stayed the same…

I'll check out their support forum…

All the best, seeker
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1649 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

@vtwinbmx,

Which is your Boot Mgr Phone Rom? There =s no list of roms for the Razr on init2winitapp's site… :-(

Just saw a tweet fm Nitro which says he knows of no 2init roms for Razr… & I'd love to be able to use BMP - I'm interested in other roms - but don't wanna spend my days running Matt's Util & reflashing my Razr into the ground.

tia, seeker
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1650 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

@vtwinbmx,

Which is your Boot Mgr Phone Rom? There =s no list of roms for the Razr on init2winitapp's site… :-(

Just saw a tweet fm Nitro which says he knows of no 2init roms for Razr… & I'd love to be able to use BMP - I'm interested in other roms - but don't wanna spend my days running Matt's Util & reflashing my Razr into the ground.

tia, seeker

I'll send you a pm no need to fill the thream with unrelated informtion about this rom

vtc.png

#1651 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

@vtwinbmx,

tia, seeker

I did not say that. I said no 2nd init blur roms...
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#1652 mrbiggleswurth3

mrbiggleswurth3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

I used gummy and boot manager eclipse installed fine i had issues downloading from the market and restoring my apps though so i just switched back to eclipse there r to may compatibility issues with games and all the other roms out there ive tried them all
The devs at inittowinit r supposed to b working on geting those issues resolved

#1653 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

@mrbiggleswurth3

what is the source of the prob w/downloading? Is it due to the diff between the roms & which side has lost the functionality, the Eclipse side, or the other?

I'd like to get into ICS - but I don't want to lose functionality & I do want to be able to use Matt's util so I cvn get back on track eventually to get the stock ICS…

tia, seeker
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#1654 mrbiggleswurth3

mrbiggleswurth3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

I used gummy with no problems but when restoring my apps most didnt work anymore mainly games when coming from eclipse as with the other ics roms but the boot manager works with gummy but when running eclipse in boot manager i couldnt download anything from the market on the eclipse side almost couldnt restore any of my backups i recommend sticking with eclipse if u play alot of games but i think everthing else works with gummy you would juat have to try i dont know what u do with your phone

#1655 hensonlf

hensonlf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

Anyone having an issue with the market updating? I cleared the app data and opened the market up, it will show me the user agreement for google play but when i accept it, it will not update.

#1656 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

Anyone having an issue with the market updating? I cleared the app data and opened the market up, it will show me the user agreement for google play but when i accept it, it will not update.

Try wiping dalvik

#1657 aceunderfire

aceunderfire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

I too had this problem too get mine to work I used TB to backup and delete market then restarted and wiped cache for all market related items in settings/ applications. I then installed Google play apk and rebooted into recovery wiped cache and dalvik cache. When I rebooted it force closed several times so I wiped Google play cache and it worked. Some of these steps might not be needed but it's just how I got mine to work

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

#1658 hensonlf

hensonlf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll give it shot.

The Google Play apk I have will not install for some reason.

#1659 CaniTouchYaSoul

CaniTouchYaSoul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

Hey I just upgraded my System to 6.12.181 will this change it back to a later vers or will i have this rom with the 6.12.181 system updates?

#1660 Rycix

Rycix

Bouncing Ball Of Energy / Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hey I just upgraded my System to 6.12.181 will this change it back to a later vers or will i have this rom with the 6.12.181 system updates?

The ROM is based off 173 system so it will show the version as .173. The Radio won't go back though. Pretty much all the other fixes in 181 were motoblur stuff that's removed in Eclipse, so you won't notice a difference.
Droid Razr XT912, cooling down with ICS on 6.16.211

Posted Image

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users