Photo

Scammer In The Market Caught! Thanks To Our Vigilant Members!

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Okay guys I think it's time to settle down. This thread needs to be locked.

All the guy was doing was making sure it was cool to post the scammer's info and that he was literally a scammer. Yes maybe he should have read the whole thread better before posting but he does not deserve this name calling witch hunt that this has turned into. Now someone wants to ban HIM? Come on guys...

Yes Scammers=Bad
Yes We are happy he was smoked out

Now can we get back to Razr talk??

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#62 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

I have spoken with an Admin close to the situation and had the situation explained to me. It still doesn't remove my privacy concerns but they will apparently be looked into. As I said before, even though people seemed to ignore it, I feel for those who lost their money and I am glad that this has hopefully been stopped. I have been screwed out of money and had things stolen from me and it sucks. With that said, I also like reassurance that when I sign up for a site such as droidrzr, that my info will only be given to the proper authorities if need be and not posted to the public for all to see. I'm sorry that those who have been victims in this can't see that as a legitimate concern as well. Anyhow, I told the admin I will put this to bed now so I will. I hope those who were victim can recover their funds someday :)

#63 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

I agree with you 100% they are real pros out there. Now i know our mods and administration will look out for the cons!!! Who this guy trying to start trouble ban him...he didnt lose money..get rid of him. We have great members on our site. I guess he goes by STIK...WHATa loser im wondering if he's one of them.

Ok, please. Let's not let this allow this topic to get out of hand. Stik spoke his mind and we're moving on. It it vital that this thread stay where it is and not turn into a flame war. I would also like to point out that this thread is being forwarded to at least a dozen other forum admins so that they can also collect data on this scammers aliases, emails, etc. Let's do droidrzr.com a favor and not look like a bunch of animals in front of the entire Android community. Please stop all of this now.
  • eek88dj likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#64 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Okay guys I think it's time to settle down. This thread needs to be locked.

All the guy was doing was making sure it was cool to post the scammer's info and that he was literally a scammer. Yes maybe he should have read the whole thread better before posting but he does not deserve this name calling witch hunt that this has turned into. Now someone wants to ban HIM? Come on guys...

Yes Scammers=Bad
Yes We are happy he was smoked out

Now can we get back to Razr talk??

Yes, exactly. Thank you.

People. This thread was posted with info gathered over almost the course of a whole week now. None of the names, emails, addresses, etc in the OP are REAL. They are all BS aliases, etc used by a scam artist to rip off members of not only this forum, but SEVERAL Android related forums. So that there is no confusion, 100% of the info in the OP is FAIRY TALE.

The OP was put together so that myself and Thach could invite admins from other forums into our forum to gather the necessary intelligence to prevent/stop this particular person from scamming on their people. Many of whom are the same people from this forum too.

Scammers have 0 rights in this forum. That's new rule #1. Look it up under:

Scammer Protection: Droidrzr.com Privacy Rules: Statue 13, Article 6, sections 5b-9. "Scam artists run the risk of having all their BS aliases, emails and addressed posted all over the front page of this forum"

Ok? Please now. No more arguing. It makes us look REALLY BAD!
  • eek88dj likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#65 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

anyway...back on topic

#66 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Can I make my own thread about the status of my refund or can I just make a solitary post on this thread and make updates to it?

please pm me or reach me on gtalk this way I can update th op with any prudent info. Much appreciated!

Sent from my peanut butter and jelly sandwich
  • eek88dj likes this

#67 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Personal attacks towards each other are not necessary nor will be tolerated. STick voiced a concern towards members PII and I have addressed it. He had a great question and maybe worded it wrong but that shouldn't mean members should be calling for his head and wanting him banned. We WILL NOT make public any real personal information of any member no matter what they have done.

The information that was made public in reference to the scam artist is not his real info. It was info that he had used to make his transactions look legit. He used the same practices on many sites. The OP just details his methods and habits and nothing more. We have used this to track him and stop him before more people get hosed.

With all that said, lets move on. Anymore personal attacks will be addressed with a warning and any infractions after that will be handled by me personally.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
  • rickw and eek88dj like this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#68 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Yes! Thank you, couldn't have said it better. Anyway, back on tooic. Nnnnnr12, if u have some additional info, please pm it to me so I can update the OP. Thank you
  • eek88dj likes this

#69 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Personal attacks towards each other are not necessary nor will be tolerated. STick voiced a concern towards members PII and I have addressed it. He had a great question and maybe worded it wrong but that shouldn't mean members should be calling for his head and wanting him banned. We WILL NOT make public any real personal information of any member no matter what they have done.

The information that was made public in reference to the scam artist is not his real info. It was info that he had used to make his transactions look legit. He used the same practices on many sites. The OP just details his methods and habits and nothing more. We have used this to track him and stop him before more people get hosed.

With all that said, lets move on. Anymore personal attacks will be addressed with a warning and any infractions after that will be handled by me personally.

+1,thank you Thach,well stated
  • eek88dj likes this

#70 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

+1,thank you Thach,well stated

Anyone for pizza??? LOL just a joke. That was greatly said. I think every one learned a good lesson about this!!

#71 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Thank you for your dedication and work finding this guy. I have been in contact with Thach with this matter . There is a mass email going out to all DroidRZR members stating what your finding where. I think i speak for all of the staff and members when I say thank you.

DirtyDroidX
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

#72 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Anyone for pizza??? LOL just a joke. That was greatly said. I think every one learned a good lesson about this!!

Wait a darn min. Are you saying there isn't pizza? I like me some pizza. Lol

• eek88dj likes this

#73 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

Thach u deserve two large pizzas for finding the scammers.. Thank You For Doing A Great Job!!

#74 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

Thach u deserve two large pizzas for finding the scammers.. Thank You For Doing A Great Job!!

Thanks but it was a joint effort and honestly Tucstwo, and actually the members involved should get the most credit. Without tucstwos relentless effort and dedication and the members providing as much info as they could, we couldn't have done it.

#75 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

True to form for droidrzr.com.. More disappearing posts :|

#76 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

Thanks to all that help bust these people!!!!

#77 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

True to form for droidrzr.com.. More disappearing posts :|

Care to elaborate on your statement?

#78 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

I totally agree with having all info of the scammer(s) MO, fake names and emails posted for others to be able to avoid the scam. I'm not so sure that HOW the scammer was caught by whatever info or means should have been though. It could arm them with ways to make it harder for someone to catch them next time... Just my 2 cents... but anyway, nice to see we are all being watched out for on this forum! :)
Posted Image

#79 BADDINOROX99

BADDINOROX99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

nicely done

#80 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:18 AM

I disagree we are being watched over........ If that were the case we wouldn't have issues with some Devs being arrogant pricks ..... and thinking they are omnipotent, when in reality they are in fact human like us and were us.... noobs once.... also......Kudos to the Mods for alerting us to the scammers .....at least I am confident thinking some actually Give a Hoot.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users