#1 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

I'm going on my third refurbished Maxx lol..this is nuts. Verizon a freaking joke. Customer service wont give you a new just pre owned. I tried and tried they wont do it. They say they will sell me one full price i said ur nuts i just gave you 300 for the new one August 20,2012. Has anyone else been through this same mess with VZW???

#2 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

I did a warranty swap early on for a bad speaker and was sent a refurb.

I hear what you're saying but i haven't had any issues with the one they sent out for replacement and sent out next day air for free.

I typically buy refurbished computers so this is old hat for me.

#3 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

I did a warranty swap early on for a bad speaker and was sent a refurb.

I hear what you're saying but i haven't had any issues with the one they sent out for replacement and sent out next day air for free.

I typically buy refurbished computers so this is old hat for me.

I don't have issues with refurbished phones, or electronics in general. For 15 yrs, I was the CIO for the largest electronics remanufacturer in the country. Every single phone that came in the door receives the following: identify/repair the customer's complaint, automatic replacement of most commonly failed components, the latest firmware installed, external parts replaced (front/back covers, buttons, etc). People don't realize that many times the OEM makes minor revisions to firmware and not change the version number. They do this to either save embarrassment or cause panic for end users. Then the phone is cooked under harsh QC environment for stress reliability. That's why I prefer to get refurbed phones, as long as I get the full warranty just in case. See, it's not like I received somebody's old phone; instead, I have a phone that was built to new condition, and in most cases, exceed the original OEM specs.
  • ibolski likes this

#4 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

I've purchased refurbished items in the past (ipod for my daughter, original XBox, etc, cell phones) and haven't had a problem ever. Well, with my XBox I had an issue and was able to promptly take it back and swap it out for another. After that, no problems what-so-ever.

Refurbished is not always bad.
  • quangtran1 likes this

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#5 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:30 AM

Having worked 2 years for vzw (don't work there anymore) I hated their policies. For them to send a brand new replacement or different phone you had to have 3 replacements in 90 days. Not sure if its the same now but it drove me insane not being able to give the customer what they wanted.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
  • eek88dj likes this

#6 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Having worked 2 years for vzw (don't work there anymore) I hated their policies. For them to send a brand new replacement or different phone you had to have 3 replacements in 90 days. Not sure if its the same now but it drove me insane not being able to give the customer what they wanted.

i think he's on 3rd replacement in little over a week
  • eek88dj likes this

#7 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

Then ya call and ask for a supervisor or threaten to cancel.

• eek88dj likes this

#8 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

Yes i am on my third replacement in a week...Verizon won't do nothing other send another refurbished...i said i cancel they said it would cost me a termination of contract i cant win!!!......it has beem less than 90 days also!!

#9 n00dle

n00dle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Maybe I missed it... What was the problem with them?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#10 redls1

redls1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Yes i am on my third replacement in a week...Verizon won't do nothing other send another refurbished...i said i cancel they said it would cost me a termination of contract i cant win!!!......it has beem less than 90 days also!!

Third replacement in week. Normally that don't send that quick do they or only allowed to have so many out at one time.

#11 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Well they did..i had several problems with each one...one would get way to hot... one would have no data signal ...one would while online the browser kick u back to home page and it wouldn't activate at first... yes its stock Maxx not rooted..i have one coming Saturday.

#12 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

I don't have issues with refurbished phones, or electronics in general. For 15 yrs, I was the CIO for the largest electronics remanufacturer in the country. Every single phone that came in the door receives the following: identify/repair the customer's complaint, automatic replacement of most commonly failed components, the latest firmware installed, external parts replaced (front/back covers, buttons, etc). People don't realize that many times the OEM makes minor revisions to firmware and not change the version number. They do this to either save embarrassment or cause panic for end users. Then the phone is cooked under harsh QC environment for stress reliability. That's why I prefer to get refurbed phones, as long as I get the full warranty just in case. See, it's not like I received somebody's old phone; instead, I have a phone that was built to new condition, and in most cases, exceed the original OEM specs.

Well i wish i was getting them. Like the one i got Thursday it was on in the fedx box and battery was dead

#13 billfry

billfry

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:Vaio_Guy
  • Google+:billfry@gmail.com
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

I would head into the nearest verizon store and make a stink.I have never had a problem with refurb but sounds like your situation is an ongoing situation.
Typically if you make a stink in the store to a manager they will take care of you rather than have other customers see them not take care of you. I too worked for a large CE company and the same holds true for what was written above. As a result I have never had an issue with a refurb and in most cases I prefer them as i know a tech has checked it out.
  • eek88dj likes this
If you don't ask the answers always NO!!!

#14 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Verizon's view is why would they give u a new phone in exchange for ur used broken one? Screwed up but that's how they look at it.

Sent from my peanut butter and jelly sandwich
  • eek88dj likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#15 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Yeah they gave me a bad refurbished one three times lol. Saturday i got my fingers cross.....lol i pray it will be a good one. You think through all of these i had in less than 90 days they give me a new one.....u think they would....

#16 eraursls84

eraursls84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Within 14 days they'll give you a new one. mine and my wifes had to be replaced, it took a month but they still replaced them with new ones. I went through 7 replacement thunderbolts before they replaced it with a Bionic (they tried to give me a downgrade but I wasn't willing to do that) I'm not sure why they keep getting jd power awards because they have the worst customer service. I had billing problems for about 4 months after returning the last thunderbolt, then the same problem with the returned razrs.

#17 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

I know i dont know how they do it!!! Customer service is a joke and u have to watch your bill from them to! My 4th will be here Saturday so i hope it works if not im raising some heck im just plain tired of being jerked around when only been less than two months i bought it......i will have four refurbished....

#18 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

I got my fourth one last lol..it's working so farrrrr.....the signal is the best one i got. VZW wrote me back saying they have problem with ICS update. A fix will coming i will paste the letter..

#19 eek88dj

eek88dj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Good morning, my name is Gina. First, I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. We are experiencing an unexpected increase in email volume. Thank you for your patience. Oh no I'm very sorry to hear about all of the replacements you have been through. That's definitely not acceptable. We expect our replacement phones to have the same quality after passing a 100+ quality checklist.

I have researched this issue and found others are reporting a similar experience. This issue started after the last software update in June. When we receive mass reports of the same issue, we will raise this to the manufacturer for them to investigate and will often provide a software fix. Software updates can take weeks or months depending how long it takes to pass testing. I confirmed a software update for the data connection issue is in testing and will be release as soon as possible. Once the update is available, you will receive a notification directly on your phone. I see in the meantime the workaround is to power off and back on. Also you can try toggling the network mode to global: From main screen select the menu key > System Settings> More> Mobile Networks> Network Mode> Global

I see you activated your newest replacement phone. I attempted to reach you to see how the phone is working for you minus the data issue but was not successful. I left you a voice mail.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to research this issue and help with the upcoming solution. We appreciate your patience while the software update is in its testing phase. We never want you to be without service and is taken very seriously. We appreciate your business and thank you for being a valued Verizon Wireless customer.

Have a great week!

Sincerely,

Gina

Verizon Wireless

Customer Service

#20 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

LOL ridiculous. Signal issue from ics update? They took forever to release ics! JB has already been made. Honestly though I think they r messing with something because me and 3 other friends have been having signal issues as well. Hope ur latest works out for u.

• eek88dj likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users