• Please log in to reply
1389 replies to this topic

#101 fireman

fireman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

i just flashed this rom and i have a few questions..... the wifi hotspot do you you use wifi tether w/ root and if so what are the settings?.........also after i flashed it promted me to an OTA update so i did it looks like a completely different rom now. should i not have done that and should i wipe again and reflash original file?

#102 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

i just flashed this rom and i have a few questions..... the wifi hotspot do you you use wifi tether w/ root and if so what are the settings?.........also after i flashed it promted me to an OTA update so i did it looks like a completely different rom now. should i not have done that and should i wipe again and reflash original file?

Taking the ota puts you on the latest stock aosp version :-P

#103 dowens9603

dowens9603

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

I am getting random notifications that come up for stupid stuff like win a free ipod and stuff like that. If you click on the notification it takes you to the internet. How can I make this stop. This is the only rom that I have ever used that has had (Add Notifications) tagged to it. It happens like 3 times a day and is very annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

#104 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

I am getting random notifications that come up for stupid stuff like win a free ipod and stuff like that. If you click on the notification it takes you to the internet. How can I make this stop. This is the only rom that I have ever used that has had (Add Notifications) tagged to it. It happens like 3 times a day and is very annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

Very likely this is due to some app you have installed...I have encountered this several times in the past, and it's always been an app

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#105 prstorero

prstorero

SuperThemerDevGuy

• Developer
  • 838 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Like natty said its most likely an app. I call it aggressive advertising. So what ever you have installed recently get rid of it

#106 dowens9603

dowens9603

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

I haven't installed anything new since 9/20/12 and I have been thru 3 jellybeen roms since then. I use my backup pro so all of my apps come back the exact way that I had them. The only new apps that I have are any apps that came pre-installed within this rom.

#107 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

This is called airpush, its very easy to block. Download Adaway from the market and press the block ads button and voila they are gone!

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#108 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Yeah dont take the ota it will take you to a new unmodded version.

Posted Image

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

#109 0145ethan

0145ethan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hmmm I like touchwiz... guess I'll have to flash while I wait for safestrap 3.0 to get KEXEC back up... who knows? Maybe it will become my new daily. Downloading now.
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#110 Daino92

Daino92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Google+:chrisdaino@gmail.com
  • LocationFort Collins
  • Current Device(s):SCH-1535

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Sir may i just say, that I absolutly LOVE this rom..i can not wait for an update...you did great work with this. First rom i
ve used that i think I'll be on for a LONG time. :)
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#111 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Sir may i just say, that I absolutly LOVE this rom..i can not wait for an update...you did great work with this. First rom i
ve used that i think I'll be on for a LONG time. :)

I'm aiming for an update sometime soon with some more theming and tweaks
  • mike_augie likes this

Posted Image

#112 abrasher

abrasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:@INKMD
  • LocationAthens, Ga - USA

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Okay... so I M shocked how much I am enjoying this ROM. GREAT WORK!!!! Any idea how I can get svoice to save alarms, memos, or tasks? Or how to get it to search using my browser, not the AdSense thing.
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#113 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Okay... so I M shocked how much I am enjoying this ROM. GREAT WORK!!!! Any idea how I can get svoice to save alarms, memos, or tasks? Or how to get it to search using my browser, not the AdSense thing.

Not really sure, its kinda buggy since it only fully works on the s3. if you know how, you can use a build prop editor and change your device name from XT910 or whatever it is to i90300, which is the galaxy s3's name. Sometimes it works better then, its pretty weird

Posted Image

#114 mytschaef

mytschaef

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationdelaware

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

do i have to change or have any particular setting to be able to send picture text, also is there anything in particular getting s-voice to work.
in any case this is by far the smoothest, fastest JB rom ive come across yet. thanks.

#115 mina.girgis

mina.girgis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEast Brunswick, New Jersey

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

the camera app is not working for me, I have tried everything,
app info then Force Close, then Clear data & factory reset,
restarting my device,
re flashing the rom,
i even re downloaded the rom and re flashed it, with no luck,
when i re flash it, it works for only 2 times, after that it stops working and crashes and tells me Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped

#116 Daino92

Daino92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Google+:chrisdaino@gmail.com
  • LocationFort Collins
  • Current Device(s):SCH-1535

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

If you have SMS issues, go into SS and under advanced-fix permissions that should fix it.

#117 0145ethan

0145ethan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

no MMS but other than that and rotation its great! Awesome work! My new daily driver...

#118 Platinumwolf

Platinumwolf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Google+:Joel Wheeler

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

I'm really liking what I'm seing, except that I'm getting much poorer cell signal. I usually have 2-3 bars of 4G at my desk, but now it's 2-3 of 3G...

#119 geekboy

geekboy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

I'm aiming for an update sometime soon with some more theming and tweaks

how long for a update having flash withdrawls

#120 fishaholic

fishaholic

• Members