1389 replies to this topic

#121 toymachine234

toymachine234

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Camera always force stops and then when I go to go back in it just has a black screen?

#122 Razr1221

Razr1221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

This is the fastest rom I have used but the mms is killing me! Arggggg

Go to the text app settings and disable auto retrieve that fixed for me.

#123 0145ethan

0145ethan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Well i rollin pretty smooth till about an hour ago, since then iv had two instances of freezing on the lockscreen and having to give her a three finger salute... other than that, this is an amazing ROM that im going to keep on my radar for sure until its more stable. Also S-Voice cannot sign into external accounts (such as twitter) and cannot set wake-up commands.
  • toymachine234 likes this

#124 abrasher

abrasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:@INKMD
  • LocationAthens, Ga - USA

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Loved the rom this morning! As the day spent on, began having real MMS trouble (sending and receiving). The battery seemed to scream by... Droid MAXX FROM 100 - 83 in 58 minutes. For me, this is unheard of with other ROMS. IN THE END I HAD TO SWAP BACK, THOUGH I LOVE WHERE THIS ROM IS GOING. IF IT IS EVER ALL STABLE... IM ALL OVER IT.

PS-changing device name in build prop doesn't help voice ;)

#125 abrasher

abrasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

At lease not for me, I ave it a go.

#126 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Loved the rom this morning! As the day spent on, began having real MMS trouble (sending and receiving). The battery seemed to scream by... Droid MAXX FROM 100 - 83 in 58 minutes. For me, this is unheard of with other ROMS. IN THE END I HAD TO SWAP BACK, THOUGH I LOVE WHERE THIS ROM IS GOING. IF IT IS EVER ALL STABLE... IM ALL OVER IT.

Haha got to let the battery callibrate man.

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#127 0145ethan

0145ethan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

My bat did great! Just you have to manually turn on CPU sleeper (lol it got really warm in my pocket for awhile) I do like the ROM (love the ROM) and it isnt any fault of the developers, JB just isnt even closed to finished. I have to remind myself that this is all alpha stage...
  • NattyBee likes this

#128 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

My bat did great! Just you have to manually turn on CPU sleeper (lol it got really warm in my pocket for awhile) I do like the ROM (love the ROM) and it isnt any fault of the developers, JB just isnt even closed to finished. I have to remind myself that this is all alpha stage...

Thank you

Posted Image

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

#129 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

the MMS issue is a common issue among JB roms at the moment (seemingly especially AOKP roms)...to get around this:

install GO SMS
go into Go SMS settings
go into Important Tips
check "stock SMS uninstalled?"
go into system settings
go to Apps > All
go to Messaging and disable it.

now Go will handle your SMS/MMS rather than the system, and you shouldn't have any issue. :)

#130 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

btw, I flashed this rom this afternoon...I am loving it! very nice, smooth, loving the S-Voice...now tomorrow I will have to test how battery is for me, but I think this will be my daily driver
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#131 fishaholic

fishaholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

anyone know how to swap the keyboard for a larger one? i tried replacing the system latinIME.apk from another AOKP rom and it wont work!! :/

#132 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

anyone know how to swap the keyboard for a larger one? i tried replacing the system latinIME.apk from another AOKP rom and it wont work!! :/

not to make assumptions, but did you fix the permissions and reboot before trying the new keyboard?

#133 fishaholic

fishaholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

yep, even tried to install the apk. i can use other apk's from JB roms where the keyboard is the same but when i try the larger AOKP keyborad and try too install it says app not installed.

tried a cache and dalvik wipe and fix permissions too :(

#134 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

yep, even tried to install the apk. i can use other apk's from JB roms where the keyboard is the same but when i try the larger AOKP keyborad and try too install it says app not installed.

tried a cache and dalvik wipe and fix permissions too

I didn't mean fix permissions in recovery, I meant manually set them for the apk file in system/app...I dunno why it wouldn't work if you did that, unless there is a problem with the apk or compatibility...

Sent from my RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

#135 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I didn't mean fix permissions in recovery, I meant manually set them for the apk file in system/app...I dunno why it wouldn't work if you did that, unless there is a problem with the apk or compatibility...

Yeah this is how i would suggest doing it if your trying to intstall a system app, set the permissions to rw-r-r i believe you check the whole first column and the first box in the second column. Then reboot

Posted Image

#136 shorte_33

shorte_33

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Great rom, great battery, everything is great. The aftermarket camera apps work just fine. Not an issue. Go Sms fixed the mms issue (Root, maybe make that a system app...Just an idea to avoid less complaints from folk).

My only complaint is my wifi speeds are HORRIBLE, compared to other roms. And when i'm connected to wifi or 4g, the color in status bar doens't change. Just stays grey...as if i'm not connected, although i am. I see the 4g arrows change colros, but no color change when i'm connected to 4g or wifi. Always stays grey.... ? Any idea as to why, or is that how it's supposed to be?

#137 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

Great rom, great battery, everything is great. The aftermarket camera apps work just fine. Not an issue. Go Sms fixed the mms issue (Root, maybe make that a system app...Just an idea to avoid less complaints from folk).

My only complaint is my wifi speeds are HORRIBLE, compared to other roms. And when i'm connected to wifi or 4g, the color in status bar doens't change. Just stays grey...as if i'm not connected, although i am. I see the 4g arrows change colros, but no color change when i'm connected to 4g or wifi. Always stays grey.... ? Any idea as to why, or is that how it's supposed to be?

I do know how thats supposed to be lol. I themed them that way. In the galaxy s3 thats how it looks and this is a touchwiz rom soooo........ in wifi hit advanced and hit always under keep wifi on during sleep.

Posted Image

#138 liftedplane

liftedplane

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:liftedplane
  • Google+:Nicholas Boullester
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

I'm really liking eclipse but if this has working camera and the only real bug is the screen rotation which I only see when turning on landscape games then I'm definitely flashing this soon.

#139 abrasher

abrasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:05 AM

For what it is worth...

If it wasn't clear, I greatly appciate the work you put into this ROM. I also was in no way trying to complain... Especially as I know that issues the reside with current JB ROMS. I was only trying to post in response to direct questions regarding battery and MMS... As there hadn't been any response to those specific points yet, from users.

This is BY FAR my favorite JB ROM that I have touched! It is AWESOME.
Perhaps I will give her another go, and give the fixes mentioned a shot. ;)
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#140 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)