Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Are you transitioning to JB, or will you keep on updating the ICS version as well?

Nope I'll keep updating both

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#1302 Stacks!

Stacks!

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):DROID Razr

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

i have a droid razr, out of frustration while my droid razr had froze for a long period of time (15 min) , i took the back cover off and pulled the battery out, without noticing the battery strip that connects it to the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

it self. which broke that strip right in half. obviously i need a new battery but is that going to work? should it come back on as if it was a battery pull on a original droid. hoping someone has an answer for me. any help would be greatly appreciated. before i broke the battery strip, i was rooted running wizzed bean rls7

#1303 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

i have a droid razr, out of frustration while my droid razr had froze for a long period of time (15 min) , i took the back cover off and pulled the battery out, without noticing the battery strip that connects it to the

it self. which broke that strip right in half. obviously i need a new battery but is that going to work? should it come back on as if it was a battery pull on a original droid. hoping someone has an answer for me. any help would be greatly appreciated. before i broke the battery strip, i was rooted running wizzed bean rls7

As long as you are able to replace the connector, it will function as before. At about what point did you realize the battery isn't (regularly) removable?! ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

• Rootuser94 likes this
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#1304 atcjeff

atcjeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

With this update, I have to reset all my sounds after reboot. Ringtone, text notification, etc. Any one else notice this?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Remember, crowded elevators smell different to midgets.

#1305 joshxdroid

joshxdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

I hope you realize that if you hold the power and volume down keys it simulates a battery pull

#1306 jessesmith121

jessesmith121

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationKansas City , MO

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

really smooth

#1307 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

really smooth

Of course it is.. ;)

Posted Image

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

#1308 Stacks!

Stacks!

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

i tried that it didnt work....

#1309 Stacks!

Stacks!

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

it was in frozen but somehow i was able to hold down the power button to then choose reboot, then when it say its going to reboot thats where it froze and pressing the power and volume buttons were not recognized....

#1310 rayne

rayne

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Hey I flashed this rom a few days ago and have been liking it so far, however I cannot use the default camera which wouldn't be a problem, except that snapchat or any app like that doesn't work. The camera freezes the second I open the app. I factory reset and everything like that before flashing and have run fixed permissions a few times now (rebooting after). Also I cannot download MMS messages. I flashed the fix in the OP but it still doesn't work. I really want to keep this rom but those are very key features to be missing. :unsure: Any ideas?

#1311 joshxdroid

joshxdroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Hey I flashed this rom a few days ago and have been liking it so far, however I cannot use the default camera which wouldn't be a problem, except that snapchat or any app like that doesn't work. The camera freezes the second I open the app. I factory reset and everything like that before flashing and have run fixed permissions a few times now (rebooting after). Also I cannot download MMS messages. I flashed the fix in the OP but it still doesn't work. I really want to keep this rom but those are very key features to be missing. :unsure: Any ideas?

I don't know how to help with the camera, but the mms fix didn't work for me on version six, but now on version 7 its built in and works great. What version are you running?

#1312 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

Using the new seeder app and this thing really flies. Just need to see if the app does anything to my battery life

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Rootuser94 likes this

#1313 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Flash RLS7 and then try the Camera/gallery fix listed under my FAQ section!

Posted Image

#1314 rayne

rayne

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Flash RLS7 and then try the Camera/gallery fix listed under my FAQ section!

I don't know how to help with the camera, but the mms fix didn't work for me on version six, but now on version 7 its built in and works great. What version are you running?

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm already on RLS7 and tried the camera/gallery fix. Nothing seems to be working.

#1315 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm already on RLS7 and tried the camera/gallery fix. Nothing seems to be working.

You try clearing app data for the gallery along with cache and dalvik?

Posted Image

#1316 rayne

rayne

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

You try clearing app data for the gallery along with cache and dalvik?

that got the camera to open (it still force closes almost everytime I'm using it but I could take a picture if I had to get one off), thanks rootuser. However I am more concerned with the MMS problem. Any ideas on that?

Edit: I can't even use the front facing camera or cam corder but the app does open now as opposed to FCing on opening. So basically I can only take normal pictures and that's it for camera functionality. Any different part of the camera is an instant FC

#1317 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

that got the camera to open (it still force closes almost everytime I'm using it but I could take a picture if I had to get one off), thanks rootuser. However I am more concerned with the MMS problem. Any ideas on that?

Edit: I can't even use the front facing camera or cam corder but the app does open now as opposed to FCing on opening. So basically I can only take normal pictures and that's it for camera functionality. Any different part of the camera is an instant FC

Huh have you tried pudding camera, it works well for me. Also try go sms or handcent if you can't get the stock messaging app to work for you

Posted Image

#1318 rayne

rayne

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

Huh have you tried pudding camera, it works well for me. Also try go sms or handcent if you can't get the stock messaging app to work for you

I got the MMS working by taking off mms auto retrieve. Also pudding camera does work, but Instagram and snap chat or any app like that instantly force closes when I go to try to take a picture. Any way to change the default camera of those apps to Pudding Camera?

#1319 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

I got the MMS working by taking off mms auto retrieve. Also pudding camera does work, but Instagram and snap chat or any app like that instantly force closes when I go to try to take a picture. Any way to change the default camera of those apps to Pudding Camera?

Haha i don't use those silly apps so i don't know ;) Play around with it a bit

Posted Image

#1320 malyxx

malyxx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Flashed last night and I already love this rom... so much. Very fast and smooth. The only bug I've ran into so far is the camera flash issue mentioned, but I really couldn't care less. Great work. :)
  • Rootuser94 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users