• Please log in to reply
1389 replies to this topic

#1361 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

I'm running into a consistent problem with any attempt at barcode scanning. Results in an instant lockup, regardless of if I'm using a specific scanner app, or a program that has a scanner in it.

I froze the stock gallery app, didn't help. Is this a known issue, or am I just lucky?

#1362 ScrewHP

ScrewHP

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Found this in the JB section but it states that it needs to be installed over moto ICS build. I'm confused, can I install this to any slot on the JB leak? I am trying slot 1 and after the SS menu comes in goes nothing seems to happen, left it "loading" for about 5 mins with no signs of progress... do I seriously need to wait for 10mins to see anything?

#1363 arsenic1234

arsenic1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

This is for people who want a JB Rom but haven't done the leak.
The copy you want is in the other section if you downloaded the leak.

#1364 ScrewHP

ScrewHP

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Is it rls5 I need then?

#1365 ScrewHP

ScrewHP

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Think I found it, thanks

#1366 Daniel

Daniel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Google+:ahuddleston1@gmail.com
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

MMS just quit working. Any ideas?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#1367 atcjeff

atcjeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Found this in the JB section but it states that it needs to be installed over moto ICS build. I'm confused, can I install this to any slot on the JB leak? I am trying slot 1 and after the SS menu comes in goes nothing seems to happen, left it "loading" for about 5 mins with no signs of progress... do I seriously need to wait for 10mins to see anything?

You need to have the jellybean kernel to run this rom. That means you need to be on the JB leak or have the JB kernel installed via the dual boot utility. If that is you, then follow the instructions in the OP exactly. If you are are still on the ICS kernel then stop and boot back into your last working rom and try the whizzed bean rom. Follow OP instructions there too.

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

Remember, crowded elevators smell different to midgets.

#1368 atcjeff

atcjeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

You need to have the jellybean kernel to run this rom. That means you need to be on the JB leak or have the JB kernel installed via the dual boot utility. If that is you, then follow the instructions in the OP exactly. If you are are still on the ICS kernel then stop and boot back into your last working rom and try the whizzed bean rom. Follow OP instructions there too.

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 2

Remember, crowded elevators smell different to midgets.

#1369 georgear2211

georgear2211

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

How do I get my facebook contacts to show up? I have sync it and no go. It is checked off in the setting to sync contacts .I'm new to this rom so I'm not sure if I'm missing something

#1370 arsenic1234

arsenic1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

"You need to have the jellybean kernel to run this rom. That means you need to be on the JB leak or have the JB kernel installed via the dual boot utility. If that is you, then follow the instructions in the OP exactly. If you are are still on the ICS kernel then stop and boot back into your last working rom and try the whizzed bean rom. Follow OP instructions there too."

Pretty sure this is wrong. You need to have an ICS kernel to run this rom, not the leak. Which is why its in the (ICS Kernel) section of this board.....

#1371 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

"You need to have the jellybean kernel to run this rom. That means you need to be on the JB leak or have the JB kernel installed via the dual boot utility. If that is you, then follow the instructions in the OP exactly. If you are are still on the ICS kernel then stop and boot back into your last working rom and try the whizzed bean rom. Follow OP instructions there too."

Pretty sure this is wrong. You need to have an ICS kernel to run this rom, not the leak. Which is why its in the (ICS Kernel) section of this board.....

correct, ics kernel only for the almighty wizzed bean

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#1372 androiduser108

androiduser108

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

it didint work for me it stayed on a Black Screen For a while and never boot up.. How to fix? Other Roms Worked on mine so.. what do i do??

#1373 phrite

phrite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Current Device(s):Razr, Nexus 7

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Couple oddities started appearing the last two weeks

1.) Phone just randomly locks up and reboots about once a week.
2.) Juice defender shows errors in the error log. now, i know this is heavily tweaked for battery life, but figured it wouldn't hurt to use it and see if i can get more life. i don't mind not using JD if that is the fix.
3.) there are times, that wifi just refuses to do anything.. all it does is show that there are open networks or my home network. but when i LP and hit connect, nothing.. it sits there and stares at me..looking into my soul, laughing...cheeky lil devil it is..

anyways, none of these are a huge problem, but more of an annoyance and i will reflash if i needed too.

I do have another question. regarding safestrap.. i need to redo my SD card, if i format it, i take it this is bad idea so i am not. is my only option to remove stuff manually??

thanks in advance

PS love the rom...will not use anything else. this rom alone has stopped me from moving to the DNA..

#1374 phrite

phrite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Current Device(s):Razr, Nexus 7

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

it didint work for me it stayed on a Black Screen For a while and never boot up.. How to fix? Other Roms Worked on mine so.. what do i do??

how long is a while?

when i first use it, it took it like 10 mins (i freaked out!). my best advice is to install it, turn it over and go do something for like 30 mins. if it hasn't turned up by then, there is something else wrong..

#1375 arsenic1234

arsenic1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

kinda really odd problem....
i don't have any sound when my phone rings anymore
i do get sms notifications, but not when the incoming call happens
i've wiped cache and dalvik, any other suggestions ?
i've tried numerous sounds, ive tried using ringdroid pro, still no dice
just want to know when people calling me ;)

#1376 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

kinda really odd problem....
i don't have any sound when my phone rings anymore
i do get sms notifications, but not when the incoming call happens
i've wiped cache and dalvik, any other suggestions ?
i've tried numerous sounds, ive tried using ringdroid pro, still no dice
just want to know when people calling me ;)

Same here. The phone rarely rings on incoming calls, and it had been getting progressively worse.

#1377 Rawk3rSix

Rawk3rSix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

I am semi tech savvy haha. Does this ROM work for the Droid Bionic?

Is that a dumb question?? Haha

#1378 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

I am semi tech savvy haha. Does this ROM work for the Droid Bionic?

Is that a dumb question?? Haha

This one doesn't but if you look in the Droid Bionic Roms section you will Find My Wizzed Bean CN4 for Bionic which is the exact same thing!!! :)

Posted Image

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

#1379 arsenic1234

arsenic1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Well since I've been unable to fix the incoming ring tone problem, I am going to do a fresh install wipe all, etc again and see if that works.
Here is my questions if anyone could answer since first time around it didn't do this:
How do I wipe my internal SD card completely (or as much as I can) so that I can still boot into recovery and flash the Rom into slot 1?
Meaning doing a factory reset still left tons of old crap from my old roms on the card, should it do that?
The whole internal SD and SD-EXT thing still has me confused too, the EXT is my microSD card right ?
I just want the most clean install I can get for the rom to remove any single problem that could be creeping up.
And maybe I am old school but is there a better way to keep some of my stuff. I use rom manager pro to save my apps and sms backup restore and call log backup and restore to get my mms / calls back after a wipe.
Any help appreciated -

#1380 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Well since I've been unable to fix the incoming ring tone problem, I am going to do a fresh install wipe all, etc again and see if that works.
Here is my questions if anyone could answer since first time around it didn't do this:
How do I wipe my internal SD card completely (or as much as I can) so that I can still boot into recovery and flash the Rom into slot 1?
Meaning doing a factory reset still left tons of old crap from my old roms on the card, should it do that?
The whole internal SD and SD-EXT thing still has me confused too, the EXT is my microSD card right ?
I just want the most clean install I can get for the rom to remove any single problem that could be creeping up.
And maybe I am old school but is there a better way to keep some of my stuff. I use rom manager pro to save my apps and sms backup restore and call log backup and restore to get my mms / calls back after a wipe.
Any help appreciated -

Personally I like titanium backup for all my data. Your ext sd is your card you putin the phone

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users