#1 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

So...I'm looking around the roms section checking on any progress or updates for all roms and I don't see BW. Did I miss something? I also don't see it under "All ROMS" thread. Please don't tell me Andlaw removed them
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#2 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Andlaw posted that he went to XDA and then the threads disappeared so I am not 100% sure.

#3 halfxdead

halfxdead

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

He moved them to xda

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#4 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

SOB!!!!!! Damn!!! WTF is so good about XDA anyway? BW roms were a favorite around here..Did he say why he left?

#5 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

Drama

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#6 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

Thanks fellas for answering my questions.. Something is up..good Devs are dropping like flies...I don't want to see this site become depleted to the point where even members start to take off. Andlaw had a loyal following here..maybe they will also jump ship

#7 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Honestly some sort of statement saying what's going on is in order?

#8 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Wouldn't be a bad idea..we don't need details.. just reassuring that this site has a strong future. I don't know about everyone but this is my favorite Android development site..I come here everyday.. no joke. Everything I know about rooting, fastbooting, Recoveries and Roms I learned here. I don't want to have to find another home..:(
  • adamjmtz, DarkOverDroid and knape.9 like this

#9 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

I like this site. Need more devs for more phones though. I hate xda.... they just seem very stuck up and are very unwilling to help anyone out. My friends feel the same way. When I got my gnexx I asked is it similarly done to flash a kernel as a ROM, like wipe cache, flash, reboot, they said they didn't have time to teach noobs. So I hate that site....
a what? an android? whats that?

#10 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

So Admins and moderators and members... what can we do to retain as many of our talented and generous Devs? We don't want any more casualties...

#11 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

So Admins and moderators and members... what can we do to retain as many of our talented and generous Devs? We don't want any more casualties...

Here's a start:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

We're all aware of the migration out of here. Working on ways to improve our home. Hang in there everyone.
  • BytecodeMe likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#12 mvp4him3

mvp4him3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 7, RazR MAXX

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Anyone have a link to his roms?
Posted Image

#13 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

droidrzr staff are working on protecting devs and fixing the causes of drama.. its a work in progress somethings happen and people disagree.. all this is in the works and we still love and respect our devs :D

andlaw is setting up camp here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

if you go over tell him vanten sends his love and kisses
  • vtwinbmx likes this
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#14 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

i believe the first step would be some of the older /knowledgeable members helping the Devs by answering some of the repeated and "noobish" questions. Some of the newer members seen at times to be gruff and demanding (not all) maybe we could come together to curb some of that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#15 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

I`m on here everyday :wub: , and if something happened to the site I`d probably loose my mind trying to make it show up in my browser :blink: . I`d be :angry: off!
Posted Image

#16 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

I like this site. Need more devs for more phones though. I hate xda.... they just seem very stuck up and are very unwilling to help anyone out. My friends feel the same way. When I got my gnexx I asked is it similarly done to flash a kernel as a ROM, like wipe cache, flash, reboot, they said they didn't have time to teach noobs. So I hate that site....

xda is and always has been a cut throat site but they do host most of the roms out there, also rootzwiki does. for the razr i found this to be the only site that had alot of roms. ive also noticed the decline since around august. i don't have a razr anymore as i gave it to my wife but i still come on here to check out the site. i feel your pain man, i used to love going to a site called ppcgeeks and it's almost dead and gone now. the admins & mods seem cool here, im sure they will get everything back up to speed in no time.
  • leviwg likes this

#17 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

hang with us guys,we're trying to sort things out to help the devs here and bring more in,give us a little time
  • fixxxer2012 likes this

#18 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

Like VK said, andlaw moved on along with Hicks and the Full Throttle team. It's 100% drama driven and 0% Android Development driven, sadly. The threads were removed by request. It's sad that some people can't get over their own principals, even if it hurts you guys, the general users. But sometimes, people get ahead of themselves and these things happen. I'm not going to into detail any further, I'm just gonna say its sad. The ROMs are now hosted off site and it's for no real reason other than people not knowing how to communicate and talk things out. That's all that needs to be said on the issue. Sucks, I know. But it's the world we live in.

Edit: Also, moving this topic as it is not a rom. This forum is just for posting roms. Moved to Off-Topic. TY

Sent from my peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Edited by tucstwo, 10 October 2012 - 05:36 PM.
relocating

• DarkOverDroid likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#19 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

ThanksTucs, that`s the only real explanation I think us bottom feeders have heard. :D
Posted Image

#20 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

for one thing, we, as flashers, need to make sure we read through the OPs and check the threads a bit more before we bombard the dev's with questions/complaints. and we need to try to give more respect to not only the devs, but also one another. one thing I know was bothering Andlaw (I don't think this was why he left, but I know it was frustrating him) is that people don't read known bugs before complaining about them....for example:
we all know that all the Jelly Bean roms have a certain set of basic bugs, yet over and over you'll see people complaining to the rom devs about it as if these are their fault...yet Jelly Bean is in Alpha stages on the Razr/Maxx right now...

also, when you check out a rom, you may think "this rom is awesome! but such and such isn't working" so you may then go into the threads and say "hey DEV, such and such isn't working, why isn't it working? can you give me a fix?" ....and here the dev is feeling like the whining outweighs the appreciation, which they should never have to feel...

another thing that would really help the devs out (I think) is that if you are in a thread and you see someone asking questions about an issue, or whatever their question may be, and you know how to help them, please do so kindly...or at least, at the very least!, do not bash/flame them for their lack of knowledge....

anyway, sorry for rambling...just remember to treat devs (and other non-dev members) kindly and with respect...thanks!
  • weaponx, gbrooke and DarkOverDroid like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users