Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

Very well said and I truly respect that you can step up as a leader :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#22 twith70

twith70

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

I have been a member here for a few months and have always enjoyed browsing through the forums and marveling at the great work being performed by the devs and themers. I learned a lot about my phone and its true potential. I was saddened by the events that took place over the last week. I see that andlaw has his thread for BW back up to near what it was. I truly hope this is resolved. With everyone working from nearly the same base it is difficult to tell some of these ROMs apart. Change the wallpaper and icons and they all look alike to the common user.
I just hope that the common goal is to advance development and keep this site the best around period. I am not a dev just a guy that comes here to learn and help out with the knowledge I have gained from reading through the forums. I can learn something from a developer or through my own experience and share it another thread and have since joining, I just hope that spirit of community continues as it had when I first joined this site.

#23 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

^^^^^^^^^^ What twith70 said.

I ONLY use this site for my Maxx. I help where I can, and when I have a need, twelve people jump in to fill it. It's safe to ask questions and make mistakes.

I have no clue what happened and don't need to know. Anytime a leader takes responsibility and steps up, it's a good thing. Kudos to you. I have no idea what dev'ing involves but my impression of computers in general: there are only so many ways to put the peg in the hole - at some point you'll borrow a way that looks like another, and so on. And from my 2-ish years using Android phones, a lot of "borrowing" goes on - some on purpose and some by accident. This is my belief, I may be wrong.

At the end of the day, if we give credit where it's due, keep the communication open and behave like adult nerds and nerd-wanna-be's (that's me), I think we'll fair just fine.

This is a great site. Thanks to all who work SO HARD to keep it that way.

Proud father of a US Marine

#24 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

wow, i missed the fueding. glad i did. i hold developers here on this forum up on a higher platform than i do for those on other forums.

#25 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

BTW you made about 3 spelling errors out of that whole OP post. Just sayin' :P

all out of love Thach. :D
  • johnthehillbilly likes this

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#26 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

BTW you made about 3 spelling errors out of that whole OP post. Just sayin'

all out of love Thach.

Haha that's better than what my bro DDX would have done. Gotta love reading his stuff. Its always a adventure.

• mattlgroff, andlaw and HouseMD like this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#27 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

Let your punishment be to carry an iPhone for a month and wear a shirt saying "iPhone Lover". Just kidding. Its all good dude. Live and learn :)

#28 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

I admire your candor as I run my business the same way. If I feel I made a mistake, acknowledge it, apologize and move forward. We are all human. Now if we could just ever get some politicians to operate this way, things would be better for all of us.

Keep on keeping on.

#29 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

Spoken like a true leader Thach. Much respect to you brother. ;)
Posted Image

#30 justin75

justin75

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Google+:vatriquets@gmail.com
  • LocationVirginia Beach

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hey bro, here's a couple penny's of mine for ya. A truly wonderfully written piece emanating through every word your sincerity and God inspired humility....and I don't have a clue of fore mentioned drama and such! I know that I posted my first public ROM on here in RAZR CDMA last week and within 65 minutes there were 35 posts, like a school of malnurished pirahnnas 3/4 of them tore away at my virtual flesh because I used the word 'everything' works (falsely assuming that since flash, mms n the other bugs on every other aokp jb rom that didnt wrk would also not work on mine....rookie faux pas) n BDH locked up the thread 72 minutes after I posted it. (BTW, BDH was in full communication w me the entire time, was as professional as the GM @ the Ritz Carlton, walked me through some beginner potholes to avoid and helped me understand protocol n sop that I breached unknowingly, but nevertheless breached. cleaned up the thread, reopened. n extended a hand for any help he could provide in the future. That is Class at its finest...n that is also a reflection on those seated higher on the ladder...so my gratitude to you n your staff). Outside of my 60 plus minutes of Rodney king fame. I steer away from reading on potential drama. I'm a stay at home dad of a 2 n 3 yr old, I've got alllll the drama I need for a lifetime in those 2 1/2 ft tall energyballs of babyroyaltysyndromers. Lol . The only reason I chose to add in my thoughts here was to show appreciation, respect and admiration for humbling yourself so much as to make it public. So few have the ability to look into the mirror and see the reflection just as it is at that moment, and far fewer have the courage to share that with another, let alone the public. If more in the world had the same conviction, the world would not be on the verge of killing itself off, and God would smile upon those. Well, the world is still still doomed, but scripture tells us to humble ourselves before the Lord and that that is pleasing to Him. So, in my Book, friend, blessings to you n yours, thank you for this site and keep up the good work!
~J~
Sent from my Apple Slicin Razr

#31 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

My thoughts, for what they're worth...
I migrated to this site a few months ago after clicking a link from another site. I haven't looked back since. It's instances like this that make make me stay here (and all the other great things here!). I've been a member at other sites but never really felt at home there, never really felt comfortable on them because of the high regard most of their members have for themselves. I just started learning how to create themes, and the support of both devs and other members has been amazing. Part of it is that we all have a love (obsession) with Android, and part of it is because of the way you, the leaders/ mods/admins run this site. I couldn't ask for a better forum site, and i want to thank you, and all of the devs that help to make it what it is.

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#32 The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:@disc_or_die
  • Google+:plus.google.com/104749243954429604279/
  • LocationAnn Arbor

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

There are a few of the sites that I watch, but this place has actualy compelled me to start getting involved and offering assistance where I can. I have seen some shades of drama, but that is either here or there. Thach....What I can tell you is that people are going to do what they do. You cannot control what someone else is going to do. All you can do is what is right and what you feel is best. You have your team to help provide assistance, provide their own take, give advice and then it's up to you implement and translate all that knowledge. It took me a while as well to figure out some of the things that my father, bosses and other role models have passed onto me. As you get older you will look back at all of this and see it's all experiecnce gained. We fall so we can learn to get back up. There is obviously some other drama that has been going behind the scenes and have shielded the community....I thank you for that. You, your mods and the Dev's are all great people and it's been a pleasure helping out when I can. Two things I need to pass onto you:

Keep your stick on the ice, because we are all in this together
And the man's prayer, "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

Doc

#33 techno-update

techno-update

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Twitter:technorom

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

You have and will always have my respect. I'd follow you anytime.

#34 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Haha that's better than what my bro DDX would have done. Gotta love reading his stuff. Its always a adventure.

Ha...ha....ha. I can't help that I use 99% of my brain. I choose to read minds and move objects with my mind. I don't bother with such every day common tasks like spelling.....Yes I sent this telepathically.
  • lightsword and johnthehillbilly like this

#35 gbrooke

gbrooke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Twitter:gbrooke
  • Locationcentral cali

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

To err is human, to forgive is divine
Love Everybody, life is to short
Now on a serious note, i love this site. Everyone has gone out of their way to help me when i didnt know squat. Thanks to all of you i am flashaholic

#36 humbleopus

humbleopus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:04 AM

Thatch-
Thanks for being the kind of leader that steps up and admits a mistake. Too many leaders aren't willing to do that. Turn the page and move on.

I've been around for a while--haven't had time yet to try to really contribute, as I know so very little. But the members are here because of the support all are willing to give and the comfort that we can ask the dumb questions as we grow.

This is the best support I've been on. Don't sell your team, or yourself, short.
Ain't nothin' but a simple man... with a really cool phone

#37 omar908

omar908

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

Thach, i respect you and always will, you are a real true leader which will take us far i really don't comment much so i am sorry but as all the other comments say this is our home lets go through the ups and downs together but at the end of the day we're family i thank you the staff the mods and the devs and the members as well for making this site the amazing site it is and i hope this site lives forever on with this amazing community

#38 Merlin84

Merlin84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

I happened to miss all the drama so I am not sure what all transpired. I just want to say that I this is the best site I have come across for anything I need or would want to do with my phone. I happened across it one day at work and ever since I have never gone to another site to look for anything. I try to follow this site as much as I can because of the atmosphere of the forums and the available material to choose from. Everybody I have talked to or asked a question to has been extremely helpful with some going above and beyond and that is something I haven't seen on other sites. This is by far the best site out there for what we all like to do, so thank you and keep up the good work everybody. P.S Thach: Don't beat yourself up, this year has been a tough year for me as I am the newest manager in the IT dept. for the largest oil & gas company in the world and I am only 28 years old. I have had to deal with my fair share of drama and 2 times I didn't feel like I handled the situation correctly, I talked with my mentor and he told me a few things. First and foremost you can't beat yourself up if you feel you didn't do what was right or necessary in a situation. All you can do is learn from it so you know what to do the next time around because it WILL come around again, it's inevitable. Second, there is a cost we must pay to be in the positions we are in. We might not always like the decisions we have to make or the situations we come across but there is a reason YOU are in that position. Have faith in yourself and just do your best because at the end of the day that's all that really matters.
Great spirits have often found violent opposition from mediocre minds- Einstein

#39 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

Although I know that you think you did something wrong with this, and I also know that there is no changing how you feel, I just want to tell you that none of this was your fault. Nor was it in your control. Some people just act and react the way they choose and unfortunately no matter how hard you try, there's not much you can do about it.

However, I respect you as an Admin and as a man and completely understand why you're apologizing. I'm sure that all this madness that happened so fast will quickly boil over and people won't even remember it happening.

All this being said, you're a stand up guy Russ and everyone should feel proud to have a man of your stature at the reigns of this site! Thank you for everything that you do here!
  • lightsword and johnthehillbilly like this

#40 jrbxx7

jrbxx7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

Glad things are getting worked out. Thanks for Taking it on!! This is my favorite place for krackflashing my maxx, so many options and always help if needed. I always try to help with ?'s i can answer as well. We know the Dev's have enuf work to do!! lol....I'd like to thank all the Dev's (and buy them a beer whenever possible ;) ) for there effort on making my MaXx the phone it should be!!!! Thanks to all for ending the drama and moving forward with developement...
GOT KRACKFLASHING?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users