• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#61 thaijunk

thaijunk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

whats the best way to handle battery stats with SS3? I just installed it for the first time (no previous SS installed), installed the icarus rom and tested that out. Battery was at 90%. I rebooted and reactivated my stock rom to check something, and it shows my battery as 100% now.

i noticed the same. SS3 was about 10% less than what the ROMs reported. Not sure where the difference was but I made sure to keep the lowest reading above 20% when flashing.

#62 King Howie

King Howie

Minister of Jackbooted Thugs

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 GPE, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

Wiping battery stats does nothing for battery life from what I understand. Only how accurate the percentage is. I may be completely wrong in that though.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx Full Throttle

yeah, that's what I said lol. You wipe the voltage level representing 100% and the voltage level representing 0%, and they need reestablished. Doesn't do squat for performance, and imho

#63 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Google+:+RicCrockett
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 and Bionic on WiFi

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

I don't know much about it, but that sounds right to me. Of course, if the stats are accurate, it will keep phone from going into battery mode, or whatever, prematurely when you get to end. Then again, if it did that, wouldn't it wait too long sometimes, too? Yeah, so I don't really know anything about it. :(

~Bionic .246 w/ SS3

__________________sent from my bionic with dub_________________

#64 frankie15

frankie15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

This is amazing! I love how fast you can switch roms now on 3.05 compared to 2.11. Absolutely amazing job. Thank you so much for this! :)

#65 Hazey

Hazey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hey guys, can someone help me out with a quick question?
So my stock system is just that - stock from a while ago, my ROM is ICS from back when droidhive was up - I'm looking to upgrade to the latest AOKP from hashcode/dhacker and I only have SafeStrap 2.0, it says it requires 2.11. All I can find is 3.x which is fine but my question is UPGRADING:

So I need to swap back to STOCK and upgrade safestrap as instructed, then I'll lose my current ROM correct?

Well my issue is going to the latest AOKP which is JB from hashcode/dhacker - will there be any problems going from my old STOCK (non-ics) straight to the AOKP JB? Would I be better off just upgrading SS to 2.11 and going from there? I'd almost rather upgrade SS anyway just am concerned of that above. Thanks!!

#66 acordill

acordill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/@acordill
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/J90Lv
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

Hey guys, can someone help me out with a quick question?
So my stock system is just that - stock from a while ago, my ROM is ICS from back when droidhive was up - I'm looking to upgrade to the latest AOKP from hashcode/dhacker and I only have SafeStrap 2.0, it says it requires 2.11. All I can find is 3.x which is fine but my question is UPGRADING:

So I need to swap back to STOCK and upgrade safestrap as instructed, then I'll lose my current ROM correct?

Well my issue is going to the latest AOKP which is JB from hashcode/dhacker - will there be any problems going from my old STOCK (non-ics) straight to the AOKP JB? Would I be better off just upgrading SS to 2.11 and going from there? I'd almost rather upgrade SS anyway just am concerned of that above. Thanks!!

SS2.11 can be found at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Hazey likes this
HoB 246 (Thanks to SamuriHL) running Icarus Hd 1.0 (Thanks to Jp1044 and T3T3Droid)

#67 Hazey

Hazey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

Thanks a ton acordill!

/edit:
I'm seeing some people say to go from 2.0 -> 2.11 you can just swap into STOCK then install the 2.11 APK and hit install and it'll upgrade. Is that true? Or should I go through the same process of swapping to stock -> open APK selecting uninstall safestrap -> uninstall ss apk -> (reboot?) -> install 2.11 apk? I'm still debating on whether or not I should jump to 3.0 or just to 2.11, if I don't hear anything soon will prob just go to 2.11 for now!

#68 acordill

acordill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Thanks a ton acordill!

/edit:
I'm seeing some people say to go from 2.0 -> 2.11 you can just swap into STOCK then install the 2.11 APK and hit install and it'll upgrade. Is that true? Or should I go through the same process of swapping to stock -> open APK selecting uninstall safestrap -> uninstall ss apk -> (reboot?) -> install 2.11 apk? I'm still debating on whether or not I should jump to 3.0 or just to 2.11, if I don't hear anything soon will prob just go to 2.11 for now!

you can do it either way but I prefer the latter just in case.
  • Hazey likes this
HoB 246 (Thanks to SamuriHL) running Icarus Hd 1.0 (Thanks to Jp1044 and T3T3Droid)

#69 Hazey

Hazey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hey Acordill, thanks a ton for your help, I did the later as I figure the same better safe just in case! But thank you again very much for the quick replies & help otherwise I'd still be sittin here wondering, got it all upgraded and installing hashcode/dhacker aokp! Thanks!

#70 acordill

acordill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Hey Acordill, thanks a ton for your help, I did the later as I figure the same better safe just in case! But thank you again very much for the quick replies & help otherwise I'd still be sittin here wondering, got it all upgraded and installing hashcode/dhacker aokp! Thanks!

You're welcome.

#71 New Rising

New Rising

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

I created a backup in the stock rom slot, but when i activate stock and go to restore it shows ext and internal sd card but nothing is there. es file explorer shows the backup is there tho. Just wondering what I'm doing wrong? I've been running eclipse in rom slot 2.

#72 giant25

giant25

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

I'm loving SS3, playing with Eclipse, CM10, and Icarus. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to put another instance of stock on one of the 4 other slots. I have a few things I want to mess around with on the stock Bionic .946 but don't want to do it on my Stock slot. I don't really care if the second instance of .946 has any of my data. Any ideas? Thanks.

#73 acordill

acordill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

I'm loving SS3, playing with Eclipse, CM10, and Icarus. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to put another instance of stock on one of the 4 other slots. I have a few things I want to mess around with on the stock Bionic .946 but don't want to do it on my Stock slot. I don't really care if the second instance of .946 has any of my data. Any ideas? Thanks.

Here you go:

• giant25 likes this

#74 Wes53177

Wes53177

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Google+:wes53177@gmail.com

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

I'm having a low memory issue, I am attempting to install a second rom, but don't have the internal mem. There is 4gb that I can use, but after wiping as much as I could, I only have 1.25gb remaining, and need more room for another 2gb rom. So, Is it really possible, or ok at all, to take up all of your internal mem for two roms?

#75 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

I'm having a low memory issue, I am attempting to install a second rom, but don't have the internal mem. There is 4gb that I can use, but after wiping as much as I could, I only have 1.25gb remaining, and need more room for another 2gb rom. So, Is it really possible, or ok at all, to take up all of your internal mem for two roms?

Not sure what is happening there. I have my stock rom, then i have Bionx in slot-1, and MIUI in slot-2. Both of those roms are setup with 2gb.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#76 giant25

giant25

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Here you go:

You're money. Thank you, that's exactly what I needed, knew it had to be out there somewhere.

#77 acordill

acordill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

You're money. Thank you, that's exactly what I needed, knew it had to be out there somewhere.

All I did is give you the link. Give your thanks to DHacker and HashCode they provided the zip.

#78 rvpps2rocks

rvpps2rocks

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

I think im running into the same issue many people do with SafeStrap. Is there a way to increase the memory for that partition?

I have a 32gb Card and the bionic partiioned 8gb and 24gb. The 8gb is almost full while i have only 9 used on the other. Im willing to reformat and repartition. But not sure of the steps to take.

Help would be much appreciated. I will continue to search until i find a dead end

#79 Underwater Mike

Underwater Mike

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

Is there any method, similar to the one for CWM, using a .hidenandroidprogress file to speed up backups? Dunno whether TWRP supports this and, if so, how to implement.

#80 3duardo.herrera

3duardo.herrera

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:3duardoherrera
  • Google+:3duardo.herrera@gmail.com
  • LocationDerwood, MD

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

i have tried to install ss3.05 and it fails for me

I followed the instructions as far as switch back to stock, uninstall recovery, uninstall apk, install ss3
all i get is a blank screen.

anyone else encounter this problem? any fixes?

im on hob .246

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safestrap recovery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users