#1681 bhead9318

bhead9318

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationBehind the LCD

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

you might not have the available space to flash the whole rom...make sure you arent low on space and try deleting the rom slot like you said...not sure whats going on

Actually I know for a fact that I'm low on space, because every time I tried to update an app for the past week it said "insufficient storage space."

Now to my knowledge... apps are kept on the system partition right?

If this is the case, I know that SS3 limits the system partition to only 600MB, so how the heck can I add and update more apps along with ROMs?

I made a 2GB partition for my files I'm pretty sure, so I should have plenty of space there.

#1682 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

How many rom slots do you have set up? How many apps? I can't seem to have more than 2 2gb slots without getting a low space message. I have less than 100 apps.

sent from my icy bionic

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#1683 bhead9318

bhead9318

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationBehind the LCD

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

How many rom slots do you have set up? How many apps? I can't seem to have more than 2 2gb slots without getting a low space message. I have less than 100 apps.

sent from my icy bionic

I have 2 rom slots setup each with 2GB of space, along with stock. I have roughly less than 90 apps.

Would it help if I deleted the second rom slot (which is currently holding a CM10 alpha which I never use)?

#1684 Craze

Craze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Actually I know for a fact that I'm low on space, because every time I tried to update an app for the past week it said "insufficient storage space."

If this is the case, I know that SS3 limits the system partition to only 600MB, so how the heck can I add and update more apps along with ROMs?

I made a 2GB partition for my files I'm pretty sure, so I should have plenty of space there.

No they are not stored in system portion. Only if you move them there yourself

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#1685 Craze

Craze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Go to manage apps in settings, look at the bar on bottom if you have set rom to 2 gig it will show you. If that's full hit the menu button sort by size. See if any are extremely large like games. If they are use app2sd or something similar

#1686 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Holy crap, Google now just sucked the lifeblood out of my battery like a master vampire. I used it about 4 times and all of a sudden got a connect your charger message.

sent from my icy bionic

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#1687 bhead9318

bhead9318

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationBehind the LCD

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Go to manage apps in settings, look at the bar on bottom if you have set rom to 2 gig it will show you. If that's full hit the menu button sort by size. See if any are extremely large like games. If they are use app2sd or something similar

You, sir, are a genius. It appears that I only set this slot to 1GB, but I still have 360MB of free space available. Should be more than enough to flash a ROM.

Still no idea why my homescreen and system process brick'd themselves.

#1688 Craze

Craze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Each time you make a new slot the app storage will be empty. Your system should never exceed 600 unless your manually moving. System 600 + 1,2,3 gig app storage + cache location which if I remember is 300. It's almost 2 gig of storage needed for a slot to have 1 gig app storage. Obviously more if you set to 2 or 3 gig

#1689 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Since I get more responses over here.. I'm hitting a brick wall.
In my attempts to make a blueish semitranslucent theme , I'm wanting to make different backgrounds for different apps but keep them somewhat transparent. The biggest hurdle so far seems to be the phone. apk
It doesn't seem to follow the same pattern as contacts. apk .
It appears that I have 2 options. 1 every main app( phone, camera, text,settings) can be semi transparent blue but I loose the themed status bar(I have no idea why) or I can make contacts a solid image or color and a different solid image or color for the remainder of the main apps. And yes...I have googled!

Semitranslucent..

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

34.72KB   58 downloads

36.31KB   59 downloads

31.41KB   58 downloads

Semitranslucent gone wrong but with status bar

75.41KB   59 downloads

59.22KB   57 downloads

Edit..I'm an idiot and the status bar is working now.

#1690 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Holy crap, Google now just sucked the lifeblood out of my battery like a master vampire. I used it about 4 times and all of a sudden got a connect your charger message.

sent from my icy bionic

Anyone else have this issue? Fixes?

sent from my icy bionic

#1691 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

i don't use Google now because of that issue...not really battery friendly with ICS as it's been designed for JB. At least that's how I understand it.

#1692 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

i don't use Google now because of that issue...not really battery friendly with ICS as it's been designed for JB. At least that's how I understand it.

Yep I think you are correct. The code is pretty hacked which probably leads to the battery drain.

#1693 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

1. You should only Backups for the number of ROMs...3 slots...1 stock...delete the extra Backups this will free up some mbs
2. Delete the slot ROM you mentioned...when you create this slot use 1GB instead... 340 MGs will not create a slot.
3. Google is not draining your battery its one of your Apps..now You need to find it :)

Good luck

Its Bubba
~Stubborn In Your Bones ~

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1694 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

Yep I think you are correct. The code is pretty hacked which probably leads to the battery drain.

Well that sucks. Why have it available then?

sent from my icy bionic

#1695 BKiv

BKiv

Pancake annihilator

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Google+:jnbkivett@gmail.com
  • LocationHigh Point NC
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

I've used it many times and haven't had any issues. I like it a lot.

Icarus HD edition Bionic by Team Litespeed

#1696 KandleJakk

KandleJakk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

I may have missed read, or over looked it. But does the stock tether app work? Is it hacked to be able to work without verizon knowing I'm using? I started it up and everything connected, no warnings that it will cost me 20 dollars a month or anything like that? BTW. This is a kick gluteus maximus ROM! I like it alot! It will be staying for a while!!!!

Never mind! Found what I was looking. It's modded!!! NICE! Thx anyways!

#1697 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

I've used it many times and haven't had any issues. I like it a lot.

Icarus HD edition Bionic by Team Litespeed

Huh. OK I'll keep on trying. I like it a lot also...

sent from my icy bionic

#1698 sparky697

sparky697

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Twitter:sparky697

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

Dubs I've had Now running on almost all the roms I've tried and with Icarus my battery drains about 6% an hour and on the stripped version it's about 3% an hour with the screen off. Don't know how yours does but that might give you something to compare it to.

#1699 shanewerner

shanewerner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

Huh. OK I'll keep on trying. I like it a lot also...

sent from my icy bionic

i've been using google and mines been sipping battery boss sory but i think its something else

#1700 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

Dubs I've had Now running on almost all the roms I've tried and with Icarus my battery drains about 6% an hour and on the stripped version it's about 3% an hour with the screen off. Don't know how yours does but that might give you something to compare it to.

How can you tell, I don't see it listed in the main settings battery screen?

sent from my icy bionic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users