#21 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

I should have an SGS3 today.. and the HD sometime next week! Lol. Hence why i always say its an addiction.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#22 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

I should have an SGS3 today.. and the HD sometime next week! Lol. Hence why i always say its an addiction.

Heesh. Is it Christmas already :)

#23 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

Heesh. Is it Christmas already

Christmas and BDay combined lol

#24 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

Christmas and BDay combined lol

Happy birthday bud

#25 lovemyram4x4

lovemyram4x4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Are the dev editions actually available to buy? If you try clicking on buy on the website nothing happens. If we can get them now I wish I would have seek this sooner as I just bought a standard Razr HD earlier which I might just take back since the dev is the same price. Also since the Razr HD doesn't have blur that I actually like I might as well go with something that makes it easier to run whatever I want.

I guess I'll try calling tomorrow & if it's actually available I'll return mine & order the dev. I'm also glad I saw this before I rooted it & started really messing around with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

#26 Pego99

Pego99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Do the developer editions have superuser access (rooted) or do they still have to be rooted?

#27 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

Are the dev editions actually available to buy? If you try clicking on buy on the website nothing happens. If we can get them now I wish I would have seek this sooner as I just bought a standard Razr HD earlier which I might just take back since the dev is the same price. Also since the Razr HD doesn't have blur that I actually like I might as well go with something that makes it easier to run whatever I want.

I guess I'll try calling tomorrow & if it's actually available I'll return mine & order the dev. I'm also glad I saw this before I rooted it & started really messing around with it.

They are indeed available to order. Supposed to start shipping this week actually. I actually had the same issue when trying to place my order. I think I ended up using IE... chrome would do nothing when clicking on the buy now button..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#28 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

Do the developer editions have superuser access (rooted) or do they still have to be rooted?

They won't come out of the box rooted. Literally the only difference between developer editions and the ones available via VZW is the boot loader to my knowledge. The Dev editions will have an "unlockable" boot loader. Just to also clarify any confusion.. they come with a standard moto 1 year warranty! However that warranty is void should you choose to unlock the boot loader.

#29 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

Yeah I realize that. But what if the phone craps out becase of something you didn't do or a manufacturer defect? Then what? Are you screwed? If so than that sucks.

Yes, you are screwed. It says it right in the agreement you enter with them when they give you the unlock key. Even if you don't perform the unlock but just request a key, you're on your own.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#30 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

Yes, you are screwed. It says it right in the agreement you enter with them when they give you the unlock key. Even if you don't perform the unlock but just request a key, you're on your own.

Yep. Same with every other "unlockable" device. For those that aren't comfortable with the risk.. just don't unlock. You can still root the device now. But keep in mind... technically when you root a device you have voided the warranty as well.

#31 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

Yep. Same with every other "unlockable" device. For those that aren't comfortable with the risk.. just don't unlock. You can still root the device now.

That's not 100% true. There are devices that aren't on HTC or Moto where you can unlock the BL without requesting a key and flagging your device. Those devices aren't blacklisted.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#32 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

Yes, but to my knowledge every single one that you unlock states a disclaimer that unlocking the boot loader voids warranty. At least in my experience. Xoom, Gnex, Nex7... three different manufactures all had the same disclaimer

#33 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

I'm sure there have been countless devices that were still covered under warranty even after the boot loader was unlocked.. but you have to think of it like this, manufactures are protecting themselves this way. Not only are they limiting the warranty returns on devices that have been modified outside of their control. But also to limit the chances of lawsuits. If a device is being used outside of what they have spec'd and tested.. things could go wrong! "Personal injury" quoted from the disclaimer. While highly unlikely it could happen. The "Black List" is a way to protect their interest!

#34 lovemyram4x4

lovemyram4x4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

They are indeed available to order. Supposed to start shipping this week actually. I actually had the same issue when trying to place my order. I think I ended up using IE... chrome would do nothing when clicking on the buy now button..

The buy button wasn't working for me because I was signed into the Motorola site, once I did everything was gravy.

After playing with the one I have right now some more I'm not sure if I want a Razr HD at all. While somethings are improved other are worse. I'll post up my findings Razr HD general section.

#35 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Yes, but to my knowledge every single one that you unlock states a disclaimer that unlocking the boot loader voids warranty. At least in my experience. Xoom, Gnex, Nex7... three different manufactures all had the same disclaimer

My N7 and GNex suggests "May Void Warranty" but that is different to "Your Warranty is Void". In legal terms, that's worlds apart. They put that there because if you do unlock and break the device in the process, they can deny your claims. But just unlocking doesn't completely void those devices. It can't as they aren't monitored like the ones that require keys. My SSGS3 I unlocked without VZW's blessing and I still have a warranty on that too. That's what I mean, it's not a be all-end all thing. Only HTC and Moto trade warranties for keys and flag the device.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users