DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

What would be an optimal size for Rom slots with the new safestrap 3. On the OG Razr and Maxx? Looking for opinions.
Posted Image

#2 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

What would be an optimal size for Rom slots with the new safestrap 3. On the OG Razr and Maxx? Looking for opinions.

If you want to use all 4 slots I think you have to go with the 1gb per slot. Not entirely sure how that works though.Edit: I'm on a Maxx

Sent from my Droid Razr running Koa Resurrection

#3 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

If you want to use all 4 slots I think you have to go with the 1gb per slot. Not entirely sure how that works though.Edit: I'm on a Maxx

Sent from my Droid Razr running Koa Resurrection

Thanks for the reply. The reason I asked, was that I'm running DroidHD on slot 1 with 2gb, but the Rom keeps complaining about being low on volume space.
This is with a fresh rom install with no apps added. My stock side is also a clean install, I have no other slots in use.
Posted Image

#4 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Well, I RSD'd back to a completely stock system, formatted internal and external SD cards, and started over with a fresh system.
I installed SS 3 and created two new ROM slots, 1 for DROID HD, and 1 for Wizzed Bean 2.0, 2gb's per slot. So far so good, no more low memory errors. Wanted to post my remedy, Just in case anyone else had the same issues. :D
  • Torin_93 likes this
Posted Image

#5 dscribe

dscribe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:dscrbnr
  • LocationCamden, AR
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

Thanks for the reply. The reason I asked, was that I'm running DroidHD on slot 1 with 2gb, but the Rom keeps complaining about being low on volume space.
This is with a fresh rom install with no apps added. My stock side is also a clean install, I have no other slots in use.

I'm only using 1 slot, 2gb in size, so far (about 3 days in) I've not had any issues with the ROM complaining about space at all, and that is with more than 120 apps. I am using the Flick ROM right now but just thought I'd pass along my own anecdotal info.

#6 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

I'm only using 1 slot, 2gb in size, so far (about 3 days in) I've not had any issues with the ROM complaining about space at all, and that is with more than 120 apps. I am using the Flick ROM right now but just thought I'd pass along my own anecdotal info.

Thanks. I really didn't have any trouble with the memory issues when I had just one slot flashed. When I ran with two or more slots, that's when I experienced the memory problems.
Posted Image

#7 dscribe

dscribe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:dscrbnr
  • LocationCamden, AR
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

Thanks. I really didn't have any trouble with the memory issues when I had just one slot flashed. When I ran with two or more slots, that's when I experienced the memory problems.

Ah, I see. I will keep that in mind as a possibility then if I decided to make/use slot-2. Thanks.

#8 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

Ah, I see. I will keep that in mind as a possibility then if I decided to make/use slot-2. Thanks.

No problem. If you do decide to run more than one, let me know if you experience any memory issues. If you do, you might have to result to what I did. I'm just curious as to what may have caused it. So far since I RSD'd back, and started over from scratch, I haven't seen it again. Of course I haven't loaded all of my apps yet, so we'll see when I do.
Posted Image

#9 Bologna

Bologna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Twitter:@Bolognasez
  • Google+:bolowneeez@gmail.com
  • LocationGulf of Mexico

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

If you previously were running safestrap 2, u most likely still had backups from the older version gunking up your safestrap folder
Posted Image

#10 TragicRemedy

TragicRemedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

I had this issue as well on blur roms only when I went to 4 slots on my bionic. This is actually caused by your emmc being under 1gb and appears to be a moto thing. If you delete a slot after you get this error.... I bet it would go away.

#11 OMGzBananas

OMGzBananas

Monkeys Eat me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

If you previously were running safestrap 2, u most likely still had backups from the older version gunking up your safestrap folder

I had this issue. I just uninstalled safestrap while I was on the stock side, then went and deleted the safestrap folder, then reinstalled. I haven't had any issues so far running CyanCore.

#12 Torin_93

Torin_93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

No problem. If you do decide to run more than one, let me know if you experience any memory issues. If you do, you might have to result to what I did. I'm just curious as to what may have caused it. So far since I RSD'd back, and started over from scratch, I haven't seen it again. Of course I haven't loaded all of my apps yet, so we'll see when I do.

Ive been having problems too! Memory problems. Safestrap is taking up 4.27 gigs of space while only using one rom slot.

#13 Bologna

Bologna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Twitter:@Bolognasez
  • Google+:bolowneeez@gmail.com
  • LocationGulf of Mexico

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

did u remove ALL of the safestrap 2 files?
Posted Image

#14 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

did u remove ALL of the safestrap 2 files?

I think that may have been my problem, residual files from SS 2x. Since I've RSD'd back to stock and started from scratch, I haven't had any problems. I'm now running my stock Rom on the non-safe side, and 2 rom slots @ 2gigs a piece, with Wizzed Bean and Droid HD without a hitch. So I would say your correct with SS 2x files hanging around. Although I did completely remove SS 2 before I installed 3, I guess files still hung around to cause problems.
Posted Image

#15 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

I had this issue as well on blur roms only when I went to 4 slots on my bionic. This is actually caused by your emmc being under 1gb and appears to be a moto thing. If you delete a slot after you get this error.... I bet it would go away.

When I backed down to one slot, it did go away, but I got to thinking that there's no since in having the others slots if you can't use them. So I completely wiped my Razr and RSD'd back to stock, then started over from scratch with SS 3 from the start. So far so good, with a Stock non-safe and 2-2gig slots with two other Roms. No more memory issues. It's a pain to restore everything, but worth it to not have issues and be able to use SS 3 to it's full potential.
Posted Image

#16 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

Ive been having problems too! Memory problems. Safestrap is taking up 4.27 gigs of space while only using one rom slot.

I know it sucks, but if you're sure you've completely removed SS 2x like I did, and your still having the same issues with memory, if it's an option for you, you may want to do a restore like I did. You can either use Matt's utility or Moto's RSD Lite and start from scratch. Like I said, it's a pain but, in the end you'll have a fresh clean system with a fresh install of SS 3 to play with, without issue. Good Luck!
  • Torin_93 likes this
Posted Image

#17 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

I know it sucks, but if you're sure you've completely removed SS 2x like I did, and your still having the same issues with memory, if it's an option for you, you may want to do a restore like I did. You can either use Matt's utility or Moto's RSD Lite and start from scratch. Like I said, it's a pain but, in the end you'll have a fresh clean system with a fresh install of SS 3 to play with, without issue. Good Luck!

Forgive me, not trying to sound like a smart arse, but wouldn't making sure that your internal storage has sufficient space be an easier alternative to fastbooting back to stock? Moving the entire old safestrap folder from your internal memory to your external sd card should clear up tons of space if you had previous back-ups from SS 2. Also, doing a bit of house cleaning by removing old folders for apps that you may no longer use will clear up some space as well. I'm going to be storing my old SS 2x backups folder on my external sd card just in case I run into a situation where I needed to revert back to SS 2x to restore an old backup.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#18 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Forgive me, not trying to sound like a smart arse, but wouldn't making sure that your internal storage has sufficient space be an easier alternative to fastbooting back to stock? Moving the entire old safestrap folder from your internal memory to your external sd card should clear up tons of space if you had previous back-ups from SS 2. Also, doing a bit of house cleaning by removing old folders for apps that you may no longer use will clear up some space as well. I'm going to be storing my old SS 2x backups folder on my external sd card just in case I run into a situation where I needed to revert back to SS 2x to restore an old backup.

Been there done that, Still had memory issues. That's why I FB back. Not a big deal at all for me. Plus I have a nice clean setup. Cheers!
Posted Image

#19 deboyz1014

deboyz1014

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:56 AM

Playstore > Folder size Chart > find out what folders is hogging all the spaces and why.

Lost directory nortorious for saving craps, clear that out
Amazon apps that you downloaded but uninstalled, yes the apk is still in there, go in and wipe them out.
  • Torin_93 likes this

#20 Torin_93

Torin_93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:21 AM

Playstore > Folder size Chart > find out what folders is hogging all the spaces and why.

Lost directory nortorious for saving craps, clear that out
Amazon apps that you downloaded but uninstalled, yes the apk is still in there, go in and wipe them out.

Wish I knew that last night! But I will keep it in mind now!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Razr Maxx, Rom slots

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users