Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Happy Thanksgiving btw for those that celebrate!

Problems and issues. Main problem is with Bluetooth and not sure if anyone has fixed that. Still have the ADW Launcher default problems...but then I also have this on Wizzed Bean so I suspect both builds are using the same interface below the surface.

Big problem with both builds Evolved and Wizzed Bean relate mostly to video.

• YouTube works pretty well, but everything else fails constantly and no longer functions. Perfect example, I login to Fox News daily for my Slap Washington fix for the day and video that used to work just fine now...spins and then errors. Most of my apps that allow streaming from my NAS via WIFI also are no longer working. Apps like MX Player used to be reliable, but now they just get the process rolling and then fail when it tries to download.
  • Bluetooth and WIFI are still both wonky. I've had better success disabling auto shutoff when asleep, but you already know about these problems.
  • Graphics are still messed up in my Notification Pull-down interface for Brightness, but that seems to be just me and I've done a clean build reinstall - erasing my Slot 1 in SafeStrap and installing Evolved clean or nothing in place.
  • Google Now is still temperamental, but I suspect this relates to Bionic Microphone and issues with this interface. It works, but just locks-up on occasion.
I've used both versions of your build (w/OC and w/out OC), but OC doesn't quite agree with my unit. I even tried and was slightly more successful using Wizzed Bean's latest w/OC, but ended up switching both builds to standard. I suspect until we get something JB native for the Bionic...my problems won't go away without some heavy build and driver creation to fix hardware that just doesn't quite work.

Either way, thanks and hope this helps! Sorli...

Bluetooth isnt an easy fix as its in the source, and i'm sure everybody will know when it is fixed. Youtube videos can only be watched in HD and will work fine.

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#282 bsorli

bsorli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Bluetooth isnt an easy fix as its in the source, and i'm sure everybody will know when it is fixed. Youtube videos can only be watched in HD and will work fine.

Thanks for the heads up and btw your Wizzed Bean battery performance is perfect on the latest build. I'm at 45% and it is 10:30pm here...though I did wake a little late today, but still appreciated. Sorry about referencing that here on Evolved forum, but hopefully you and nhugh406 are working together. Sorli...
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#283 nathanscottdaniels

nathanscottdaniels

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Hi. I apologize in advanced for my verbosity.

This is my first foray into using custom roms and I must say this is fantastic; well done. However, there are a few issues I am having in addition to the common ones mentioned in the OP.
First, and by far most serious, is the radio connectivity, Prior to installing this rom, I had perfectly good 4G and 3G connectivity. Now, however, I cannot get 4G at all. I don't think that its a signal strength issue; the phone doesn't even seem to be aware there is a 4G band. Now, I don't generally like 4G so this isn't the end of the world. What is the end of the world is the absolute terrible 3G connectivity my phone is getting with this rom. From being 5 bars 24/7 prior, I am not getting 1-2 bars, if that. In addition, the phone often fails to connect to 3G at all. This happens most frequently when transferring from WiFi to cellular networks but sometimes the 3G will just cut out with absolutely no provocation. Sometime toggling airplane mode fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes restarting the phone fixes it and, again, sometimes it doesn't. I have skimmed this thread and I haven't seen much mention of issues like these.

I have had no problems with WiFi so far.

In addition to the serious connectivity problems, there are a couple minor complaints I have:

- You can pick a background image to the notification bar but you cannot remove it; you can only change it. I'm required to create an all-black image and set it as the notification bar background in order to "remove" the old image.
- The scroll bar that appears when you scroll through a list has a black background even if the list you are scrolling through is not black. There is no way to change that (outside of using a new theme, I suppose)

I really like this ROM (and JB) but if I can't use the Internet, there is really no point in having a smartphone and I will be forced to go back to stock (which I really don't want to do).

EDIT: I'm on Verizon, by the way.

#284 nhugh406

nhugh406

Developer

• Developer
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@nhugh486
  • Google+:nhugh406@gmail.com

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Hi. I apologize in advanced for my verbosity.

This is my first foray into using custom roms and I must say this is fantastic; well done. However, there are a few issues I am having in addition to the common ones mentioned in the OP.
First, and by far most serious, is the radio connectivity, Prior to installing this rom, I had perfectly good 4G and 3G connectivity. Now, however, I cannot get 4G at all. I don't think that its a signal strength issue; the phone doesn't even seem to be aware there is a 4G band. Now, I don't generally like 4G so this isn't the end of the world. What is the end of the world is the absolute terrible 3G connectivity my phone is getting with this rom. From being 5 bars 24/7 prior, I am not getting 1-2 bars, if that. In addition, the phone often fails to connect to 3G at all. This happens most frequently when transferring from WiFi to cellular networks but sometimes the 3G will just cut out with absolutely no provocation. Sometime toggling airplane mode fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes restarting the phone fixes it and, again, sometimes it doesn't. I have skimmed this thread and I haven't seen much mention of issues like these.

I have had no problems with WiFi so far.

In addition to the serious connectivity problems, there are a couple minor complaints I have:

- You can pick a background image to the notification bar but you cannot remove it; you can only change it. I'm required to create an all-black image and set it as the notification bar background in order to "remove" the old image.
- The scroll bar that appears when you scroll through a list has a black background even if the list you are scrolling through is not black. There is no way to change that (outside of using a new theme, I suppose)

I really like this ROM (and JB) but if I can't use the Internet, there is really no point in having a smartphone and I will be forced to go back to stock (which I really don't want to do).

EDIT: I'm on Verizon, by the way.

first of all I apologize for all there frustration and annoyance that you've run into with this build.

I have a couple of clarification questions though.

1. The signal issue is not something that I personally nor any of my testers have seen. However, go to Mobile network settings and make sure you choose the long one.

2. What base are you on? 232, 246??

3. The notification background image is, to my knowledge, a known issue with the base build of aokp and cna.

4. The slider is a framework theming issue. That'll be fixed in the new build.

5. Not to ask a dumb one, but did you wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik cache??

Again, sorry for all the frustration.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#285 nhugh406

nhugh406

Developer

• Developer
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Also, if you set a background image and wanna set it back to black, turn the alpha all the way down or all the way to the left and it goes back to black.

#286 nathanscottdaniels

nathanscottdaniels

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

first of all I apologize for all there frustration and annoyance that you've run into with this build.

I have a couple of clarification questions though.

1. The signal issue is not something that I personally nor any of my testers have seen. However, go to Mobile network settings and make sure you choose the long one.

2. What base are you on? 232, 246??

3. The notification background image is, to my knowledge, a known issue with the base build of aokp and cna.

4. The slider is a framework theming issue. That'll be fixed in the new build.

5. Not to ask a dumb one, but did you wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik cache??

Again, sorry for all the frustration.

Well here's where my story gets complicated. I was stuck on 902 because I uninstalled some Motorola social networking app that I shouldn't have and suddenly OTA's stopped working (lesson learned). Fed up, I manually installed 6.7.246 using RSDLite and the instructions here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Immediately after getting that up, I rooted and installed safestrap and then installed this rom (because I was already starting fresh so, why not) on a new partition without really using 246 at all.

Now, before I installed 246, LTE was disabled in the phone's settings for unrelated reasons. I just booted into 246 and, what do you know, 4G isn't working there either (I should have done that check before my previous post, sorry.) I'm wondering if having LTE disabled prior to flashing has anything to do with it. 3G was working fine in the "stock" 246 without the instability I've noticed with this rom. The 4G issue may be a SIM card or Bionic thing but I don't know about the 3G.

In the "About Phone" settings, I have the following:
Model XT875
Android 4.1.2
Baseband Version: CDMA_N_05.12.01R
Kernel Version: 3.0.8 g4328f8b
Mod Version: eVolved-2.1-Codename-Android-3.6.5
Build Number: eVolved CNA 2.1

I installed the rom on a freshly-formatted partition using safestrap so I believe the answer to 5 is Yes. I also just cleared the cache and dalvik cache again just to be thorough.

I'm sorry if I just confused everyone.

#287 nhugh406

nhugh406

Developer

• Developer
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

That 4G thing more than likely has something to do with the base. Honestly, id redo the fast boot with 246. Late is flashed during ap fast boot. Give it a shot

#288 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Well here's where my story gets complicated. I was stuck on 902 because I uninstalled some Motorola social networking app that I shouldn't have and suddenly OTA's stopped working (lesson learned). Fed up, I manually installed 6.7.246 using RSDLite and the instructions here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Immediately after getting that up, I rooted and installed safestrap and then installed this rom (because I was already starting fresh so, why not) on a new partition without really using 246 at all.

Now, before I installed 246, LTE was disabled in the phone's settings for unrelated reasons. I just booted into 246 and, what do you know, 4G isn't working there either (I should have done that check before my previous post, sorry.) I'm wondering if having LTE disabled prior to flashing has anything to do with it. 3G was working fine in the "stock" 246 without the instability I've noticed with this rom. The 4G issue may be a SIM card or Bionic thing but I don't know about the 3G.

In the "About Phone" settings, I have the following:
Model XT875
Android 4.1.2
Baseband Version: CDMA_N_05.12.01R
Kernel Version: 3.0.8 g4328f8b
Mod Version: eVolved-2.1-Codename-Android-3.6.5
Build Number: eVolved CNA 2.1

I installed the rom on a freshly-formatted partition using safestrap so I believe the answer to 5 is Yes. I also just cleared the cache and dalvik cache again just to be thorough.

I'm sorry if I just confused everyone.

Well by looking at your baseband version cdma looks outdated and there is no lte radio. Lemme check that link you posted and get back to ya.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

#289 nhugh406

nhugh406

Developer

• Developer
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Well by looking at your baseband version cdma looks outdated and there is no lte radio. Lemme check that link you posted and get back to ya.

and yeah... The lte baseband and radio are flashed during the fast boot

#290 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Did you use the full fxz or the modified one from that link?

#291 nathanscottdaniels

nathanscottdaniels

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

Did you use the full fxz or the modified one from that link?

I used the modified one because... well... In my haste, I didn't see the other until just now. </sheepish>

I think I should definitely read up on the high level architecture of Android phones. I assumed what people call "roms" was essentially the entire operating system, kernel, drivers and all, in a nice self-contained unit. I didn't realize they depended on the previous installation.

So you think I should nuke everything, flash the 6.7.246 FXZ (the normal one) using the fastboot method and then install Evolved again?

#292 nhugh406

nhugh406

Developer

• Developer
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Proceed to party my friend. But yes, do the process you just listed.

#293 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Proceed to party my friend. But yes, do the process you just listed.

What he said lol. Just make sure to root and install safestrap after the full fxz. I didn't get a chance to compare the 2 but the modified fxz might have left out a few things for faster flashing. Considering that you came from old school 902 the full fxz is recommended. Also make sure you move any important stuff to the sdcard as a full fxz will wipe internal memory. Good luck!

#294 nhugh406

nhugh406

Developer

• Developer
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Just it of curiosity tmyinc, what is your baseband/lte radio at??

#295 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Just it of curiosity tmyinc, what is your baseband/lte radio at??

Attached Files

#296 nhugh406

nhugh406

Developer

• Developer
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Nice theme dude! What's your current setup??

#297 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Nice theme dude! What's your current setup??

Eclipse running dubs gingerbread theme. Funny how older style android OS UI look comes back in style like bell bottoms but I love it lol.

#298 nathanscottdaniels

nathanscottdaniels

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

What he said lol. Just make sure to root and install safestrap after the full fxz. I didn't get a chance to compare the 2 but the modified fxz might have left out a few things for faster flashing. Considering that you came from old school 902 the full fxz is recommended. Also make sure you move any important stuff to the sdcard as a full fxz will wipe internal memory. Good luck!

I cleared everything, did the full fxz flash, rooted, and reinstalled Evolved. Now 4G is working perfectly again and the 3G connectivity issues have also been alleviated. I could not be happier. Thank you both for your assistance!

#299 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

I cleared everything, did the full fxz flash, rooted, and reinstalled Evolved. Now 4G is working perfectly again and the 3G connectivity issues have also been alleviated. I could not be happier. Thank you both for your assistance!

Glad you got it working. The modified fxz must have been missing some radio images.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

#300 techsweeney

techsweeney

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationdelaware
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

im having trouble downloading this rom. its giving me error 509

1 user(s) are reading this topic