This project has been on my mind for sometime now, and I finally got around to free up some time to look more into it. My first attempt was to just install a different boot.img, but that just wasn't going to happen. The whole reason for this project was to make it easier for one to downgrade and revert in between the 2 different Base versions without the use of having to hunt down the PC to fastboot or RSD. I have used both zips which in turn allowed me to revert and downgrade through TWRP so I could install source built roms, stock based roms and also restore TWRP backups from both bases. After heavy testing I am releasing this to the Unlocked community so you may have more choices to use without needing a PC by your side. I created 2 different installation zips that install through TWRP Recovery. One is to be used to downgrade your current 4.4.2 system to be able to install 4.1.2 based roms. The other will basically revert those changes so that you will be back onto the 4.4.2 base system. Both come with there matching updated TWRP recovery programs for the base that it will be used on. Also a Slightly modified boot-logo will replace your current one, If you still have the unlocked bootloader warning you are welcome and if you have a favorite one that you use you can always unzip these and replace the logo with the one of your choice. Installation Instructions below must be followed so that everything will fall into play. Please Read, Read, then Read again. I have used this multiple times to get it setup so that one will not have issues while using this. So if you don't read just put the phone down and step away........
Thanks in Advance.
To the Testers that got to use this before you did
and put it through the hoops to make it easier to
use for you.
To Jay and Teamlightspeed.com for server space
And yes to that tech at Motorola that made the
Before Starting this I must advise backing up what is on your internal storage first. Why you ask, well Moto thought that they wanted to change the format of the data partitions. The data/cache and data/data partitions are fine as they get changed when you do the Factory reset before flashing, but some testers had issues accessing data/media which is the internal emulated storage on the first install of FlashBack to 4.1.2. The processes only has to be done once so that when you are downgrading and reverting you won't have issues accessing the internal storage.
FORMATTING INTERNAL STORAGE
Back up what ya got on the current ROM you are on YOU WILL LOOSE EVERYTHING IF YOU DON"T
Boot into current TWRP 184.108.40.206 then go into wipe settings then press Format Data. You will be given a warning and will have to type the word "yes" in order for it to proceed. Once this is done it is done you will not have to do this any longer. Boot back into the ROM that you are currently running and transfer back over the content that was once on your internal storage.
Recovery Updated to 220.127.116.11
Changing ROMs (Fresh Clean installs Either a 4.1.2 base or 4.4.2 base)
1. Download both installation zips to you Internal or External Storage (External preffered)
2. Choose the ROM that you would like to run and note the Stockbase on which it was built from (Either 4.1.2 or 4.4.2)
3. Boot into TWRP recovery. (If you don't like it oh well it is what you are getting with these zips.)
4. Once in TWRP recovery you are going to go into wipe settings then advance wipe settings and choose data, cache, dalvik and system then wipe.
5. Install the FlashBack zip that will be needed for that ROM to boot.(The updater is setup to boot back into recovery after it is done)
6. Once back into TWRP recovery perform a wipe data factory reset then install the ROM of choice and if it needs Gapps throw it in as well.
7. Reboot into System and Enjoy being unlocked.
Restoring a backup (Either a 4.1.2 base or 4.4.2 base)
1. Download both installation zips to you internal or external Storage (External preferred)
2. Make sure you have that backup in the proper folder for TWRP to see it.
3. Boot into TWRP recovery
4. Once in TWRP recovery you are going to go into wipe settings then Advance wipe settings and choose data, cache, dalvik and system to wipe.
5. Install the FlashBack zip that will be needed for that base to boot.(The updater is setup to boot back into recovery after it is done)
6. When it boots back into recovery then you can restore your backup of choice.
7. Go back into wipe settings then Advance wipe settings and choose cache plus dalvik then wipe.
8. Reboot into System.......
Droid RAZR HD and HD MAxX xt926
Question: Will this allow me to update to the official 4.4.2 without having to fastboot?
Answer: No, You will need to be on 4.4.2 first and be Unlocked before attempting this. :
Question: Will this work even if I am not unlocked?
Answer: Put the phone down and just walk away before you break something.
Quesiton: I have a different device that is not posted on here will this work on that?
Answer: Refer to the answer from question #2 :
Question: My phone is dancing around and acting weird is that normal?
Answer: Yes. The reason for that is because it is free from restrictions.