• Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#81 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

I reflashed rom and set it all up and Gmail was having trouble logging in again. So I booted into safe strap and went into advanced options and fixed permissions. Takes awhile and on first boot after the phone was stuck on boot but was trying to take calls. Removed battery and powered on. Rebooted fine and Gmail logged in fine. This was a couple of hours ago and I have had no force closes or freeze ups. I'll post later with an update. Do you think this could solve the issue I've been having root user?

#82 Craze

Craze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

Google sign in and other set up items were removed in the blur based roms prior to new ss partitioning. Staying under the 200 m was already hard enough when you can easily go in and set it up after install

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#83 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

Google sign in and other set up items were removed in the blur based roms prior to new ss partitioning. Staying under the 200 m was already hard enough when you can easily go in and set it up after install

Good to know. But the issue I've been having is that everything will slow to a crawl and eventually apps will not open and calls will go straight to voicemail. So I am hoping that fixing permissions as I did will resolve it. Before I did that, gmail would not sign in and I was Getting forceclose message on many applications.

#84 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Well its still locking up on me.I'm back on wizzed bean until its worked out.

#85 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

I'm curious, all my root apps are just working, I've never granted them permission, i like it except my one app, autostarts, can't seem to gain root access, it keeps saying my phone is not rooted.

#86 kstormes

kstormes

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

Whenever I use root required apps it doesn't ask SU for permission before running and changes made with the app don't stick. Examples are SQlite editor and ES File Explorer (root explorer). Any suggestions. It works on other roms, just not this one.

#87 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

Whenever I use root required apps it doesn't ask SU for permission before running and changes made with the app don't stick. Examples are SQlite editor and ES File Explorer (root explorer). Any suggestions. It works on other roms, just not this one.

Download superSU from the play store. Disable Superuser and open SuperSU and let the binary update. Works great.

• Rootuser94 likes this

#88 kstormes

kstormes

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

That did it thanks. Also, is there a known way to enable (or disable) the entitlement check with SQlite editor to get mobile hotspot working on JB?

#89 dbn045

dbn045

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

Okay I have the OTA ICS on my bionic and its rooted as well. How do I go about with installing this rom. I have installed eclipse 3.0 on my bionic earlier before ics using bootstrap I believe it was called. With this rom i'm supposed to use safestrap?

#90 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Okay I have the OTA ICS on my bionic and its rooted as well. How do I go about with installing this rom. I have installed eclipse 3.0 on my bionic earlier before ics using bootstrap I believe it was called. With this rom i'm supposed to use safestrap?

Use safe strap 3.5 here to flash all the new ics roms. Its an amazing program. Get it here and read up on it so you know how to use it before u start.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also, eclipse ics is out and its amazing!
  • dbn045 likes this

#91 TragicRemedy

TragicRemedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Install safe strap 3, go into recovery and create a 1gb slot partition. Make sure that slot is activated and install the ROM same way you would on bootstrap.
  • dbn045 likes this

#92 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • Twitter:@Rootuser94
  • Google+:scott.breen221@gmail.com
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1, Droid Bionic, Droid X

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Use safe strap 3.5 here to flash all the new ics roms. Its an amazing program. Get it here and read up on it so you know how to use it before u start.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also, eclipse ics is out and its amazing!

Thanks for the support ;)

Posted Image

Join the Deviant Development Community Online

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#93 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Thanks for the support ;)

You know I love your roms bro. As soon as the issue I've been having with synergy is fixed , I'll be on it in a flash. Eclipse is great for stability. But it is aosp all the way. I miss my blur. And synergy fuses blur and touchwiz flawlessly. Thanks again for it.
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#94 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

You know I love your roms bro. As soon as the issue I've been having with synergy is fixed , I'll be on it in a flash. Eclipse is great for stability. But it is aosp all the way. I miss my blur. And synergy fuses blur and touchwiz flawlessly. Thanks again for it.

hahahah just poking with you. Update for this should be out this weekend sometime hopefully

Posted Image

Facebook - Like/Join us! ||| Donate - If you appreciate my hard work! ||| Twitter - follow me! |||

#95 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

hahahah just poking with you. Update for this should be out this weekend sometime hopefully

Sweet! Can't wait!! Thanks
  • Rootuser94 likes this

#96 dbn045

dbn045

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

Thanks for the help guys :)

Edit: I have one more question, my ics is .246 is there a OTA of .247? Synergy says its based off of .247 does that mean I have to have .247 to install it?

#97 axeldiks1

axeldiks1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for the help guys :)

Edit: I have one more question, my ics is .246 is there a OTA of .247? Synergy says its based off of .247 does that mean I have to have .247 to install it?

No , i'm on .246 (ss3) and its working flawlessly
  • dbn045 likes this

#98 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Just curious root, how's the progress on the fix coming along? Really looking forward to it.
Thanks.

#99 Rootuser94

Rootuser94

Touchwiz Overlord

• Developer
  • 1,019 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Just curious root, how's the progress on the fix coming along? Really looking forward to it.
Thanks.

Its coming boss, was getting some weird bugs so im trying to iron those out right now.

Posted Image

#100 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

Its coming boss, was getting some weird bugs so im trying to iron those out right now.

Okay. Good to hear. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users