• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:50 AM

You know what iBolski?? I'm lazy. I just don't feel like doing all that GD work to get better battery life. :p

Running Validus which is JB based, but  smooth and fast as butter. 

F*** KK. ;)

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#62 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

You know what iBolski?? I'm lazy. I just don't feel like doing all that GD work to get better battery life. :p

Running Validus which is JB based, but  smooth and fast as butter. 

F*** KK. ;)

I wasn't necessarily pointing at you and I understand that everyone has different opinions on it. Actually, all this "work" I did I've been using for quite awhile, so at this point, it hasn't been that much work, but glad you found something which gives you what you want/need. In the end, if the phone works for the user, that's what counts and having an unlocked bootloader makes life so much easier for the user.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#63 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

Oh I know it wasn't directly... err.. directed at anyone. Just voicing my opinion.

I have chargers everywhere, too, to battery life was never a *HUGE* deal for me.

Except when I Ingress, but I even have a portable for that now.

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#64 Guest_kinnelonfire75_*

Guest_kinnelonfire75_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

Two questions for the my fellow CM11 users. Thanks in advance!

What "stock" camera app do you use? I have been using Google Camera but feel that it is lacking and there may be better options out there. I think I actually miss the HDR option that came in the camera app from the stock ROM. 

What's the appeal to the Apollo music app? I was on Play Music before moving from stock to CM11 and just stuck with it. 

#65 Guest_kinnelonfire75_*

Guest_kinnelonfire75_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

I tried the M10 snapshot for jbbl. It loads, I get a bunch of crashes (android.process.phone, android.process.acore, android.process.media) and the phone restarts only to get the same result. Trying to get back to a nightly. 

#66 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:01 AM

Latest KK nightly (9/15) and so far, I'm getting over 1.5 days worth of use out of it. One time, after 36 hours, I was still at 50%. Today, I've used my phone a lot more than usual and after 15 hours, I'm still at 75%. I can't really complain. No way do I go back to stock, even now that the latest and final OTA is out.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#67 morrisr3nd

morrisr3nd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMississippi
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razor Maxx HD

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:18 AM

Where can I get the latest updates for CM11? I've looked but I come up empty handed. Anyone have a link they can share?

I am using Droid Razr Maxx HD XT926.

#68 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:31 AM

Where can I get the latest updates for CM11? I've looked but I come up empty handed. Anyone have a link they can share?

I am using Droid Razr Maxx HD XT926.

Depends on which bootloader you have. If you've never upgraded the phone to the official KK OTA from Motorola, then you are on the JB bootloader so you would want to go here to get CM11:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If, however, you did take the KK OTA, then you have updated the bootloader to KK and need to use these instead:

2cqd4t2.png

#69 morrisr3nd

morrisr3nd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:33 AM

I am on Nobe's 4.4.2 bloat free.

#70 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:37 AM

I am on Nobe's 4.4.2 bloat free.

If you are talking about Nobe's deodexed ROM (

), then you are already on KK bootloader, so you want the kkbl-based ROMs. That is the link you want for CM11:

2cqd4t2.png

#71 morrisr3nd

morrisr3nd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:12 AM

Yes it took the official OTA and I am on KK.  I'm sorry that I wasn't clear.  Like I tell everyone, I'm still reading, learning and asking questions.

Thank you so much for not BLASTING me.  I DO read.  A lot.  Unfortunately some of the "Instructions" assumes the reader knows what the heck they are doing and take n00bs like me for granted.  Others give clear and concise instructions.  It is frustrating when we get blasted for asking questions.

I appreciate your help and VERY useful information.

#72 XE_Nerd

XE_Nerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR HD, HTC Rezound

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:13 PM

Running the 18SEP2014 CM11 nightly with the snapdragon battery saver app installed and getting ok battery results. Still not as good as stock JB but it is usable. I really like the customization options of CM11 so very happy to be able to use it. I'm hoping google gets it sorted out some day. My battery issues seam to come from google play services but I'm not the best at figuring it out so I always leave the possibility of being wrong.....

#73 XE_Nerd

XE_Nerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:14 PM

I tried the M10 snapshot for jbbl. It loads, I get a bunch of crashes (android.process.phone, android.process.acore, android.process.media) and the phone restarts only to get the same result. Trying to get back to a nightly. 

The M10 snapshot for KK bootloader had the same results. 

#74 Guest_kinnelonfire75_*

Guest_kinnelonfire75_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:01 PM

I had to wipe everything and then flash m10 & gapps. Managed to save most of my texts & call log using Titanium Backup. 

#75 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:13 AM

Seriously, look into using Greenify, Unbounce and AppOpsXposed modules in Xposed. These alone, along with turn off a lot of synchronization that i don't need (music, news, gmail), has done wonders for my phone. I get at least a day if not more on my non-MAXX HD (xt926) on CM11. 

Of course, if I start to play games, that does draw on the battery. But, yesterday, I played Madden Mobile for a good 30 minutes, took and made several calls, numerous texts, and I still got about 25 hours use. I went to bed last night with about 50% of battery (that was at 10pm) and when I woke up at 5 am, it only went down 3%. 

What really kills the battery is the constant wake locks that occur. Using the Greenify, Unbounce and AppOpsXposed modules has done wonders and it doesn't take a lot of configuration at all. And once it's set up, it's there forever. I also use TiBu to backup my apps, and whenever I restore these modules and the Xposed app, it's got all of the settings, so even when I decide it's time for a full wipe to clean things out, I still have the settings when I restore them.

It makes me wonder what a MAXX HD would get with the same configuration as I have.

2cqd4t2.png

#76 XE_Nerd

XE_Nerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:39 PM

I have used those and had mixed results. I'm having more consistent results with the snapdragon tool so far.

#77 basixs

basixs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:46 PM

Two questions for the my fellow CM11 users. Thanks in advance!

What "stock" camera app do you use? I have been using Google Camera but feel that it is lacking and there may be better options out there. I think I actually miss the HDR option that came in the camera app from the stock ROM. 

What's the appeal to the Apollo music app? I was on Play Music before moving from stock to CM11 and just stuck with it. 

I use the VZW Stock camera app.  I just yanked it out of Stock ROM either with ROMToolbox or TI-backup, I can't remember which...

It works pretty well, except it locks up pretty much every time you switch back from another app.  I just kill it (long press button w/ custom NavBar) and relaunch it.  It's the ONLY camera app that I can find that will write to the SD-Card and will take widescreen photos.  I would really like to find another camera app that has those 2 features though...

Bummer, I was just going to update that today.  It downloaded but the failed to prompt that there was an update ready to install...  Any one know if there is any advantage/disadvantage to skipping it and just going to the latest nightly?

Seriously, look into using Greenify, Unbounce and AppOpsXposed modules in Xposed. These alone, along with turn off a lot of synchronization that i don't need (music, news, gmail), has done wonders for my phone. I get at least a day if not more on my non-MAXX HD (xt926) on CM11. 

Of course, if I start to play games, that does draw on the battery. But, yesterday, I played Madden Mobile for a good 30 minutes, took and made several calls, numerous texts, and I still got about 25 hours use. I went to bed last night with about 50% of battery (that was at 10pm) and when I woke up at 5 am, it only went down 3%. 

What really kills the battery is the constant wake locks that occur. Using the Greenify, Unbounce and AppOpsXposed modules has done wonders and it doesn't take a lot of configuration at all. And once it's set up, it's there forever. I also use TiBu to backup my apps, and whenever I restore these modules and the Xposed app, it's got all of the settings, so even when I decide it's time for a full wipe to clean things out, I still have the settings when I restore them.

It makes me wonder what a MAXX HD would get with the same configuration as I have.

The XT926 is the MAXX model...  Are you sure you are running a xt925??  I have the XT926 and although I have it fully loaded with apps, a dozen widgets (WidgetLocker and Nova Launcher); I can get about 24 hours of nominal use out of my phone, 2 days if I don't use it very much, or 12 hours if movies/games are played.  I have all syncing turned on (well MOST syncing) but use Greenify, WakeLockTerminator, and WakeLockDetector.

#78 Bratster2

Bratster2

IDK what I am

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL on Google Fi

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:35 PM

I use the VZW Stock camera app. I just yanked it out of Stock ROM either with ROMToolbox or TI-backup, I can't remember which...

It works pretty well, except it locks up pretty much every time you switch back from another app. I just kill it (long press button w/ custom NavBar) and relaunch it. It's the ONLY camera app that I can find that will write to the SD-Card and will take widescreen photos. I would really like to find another camera app that has those 2 features though...

Bummer, I was just going to update that today. It downloaded but the failed to prompt that there was an update ready to install... Any one know if there is any advantage/disadvantage to skipping it and just going to the latest nightly?

The XT926 is the MAXX model... Are you sure you are running a xt925?? I have the XT926 and although I have it fully loaded with apps, a dozen widgets (WidgetLocker and Nova Launcher); I can get about 24 hours of nominal use out of my phone, 2 days if I don't use it very much, or 12 hours if movies/games are played. I have all syncing turned on (well MOST syncing) but use Greenify, WakeLockTerminator, and WakeLockDetector.

Xt926 applies to both maxx and standard RAZR HD.

925 is the Europe model I believe.
  • ibolski likes this

#79 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

Xt926 applies to both maxx and standard RAZR HD.

925 is the Europe model I believe.

You are correct in the xt925 being non-usa. The xt926 applies to both MAXX and non-maxx phones in the USA. The maxx has a larger battery and 32gb storage. The non-maxx, which is what I have, has only 16gb internal storage.

With my non-maxx xt926, I can get at least a day and a half on one charge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2cqd4t2.png

#80 hleo114312

hleo114312

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationzacatecas, mexico
  • Current Device(s):razr xt925

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:40 PM

You are correct in the xt925 being non-usa. The xt926 applies to both MAXX and non-maxx phones in the USA. The maxx has a larger battery and 32gb storage. The non-maxx, which is what I have, has only 16gb internal storage.

With my non-maxx xt926, I can get at least a day and a half on one charge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Yupi... I just bought my self a maxx at price of a normal i didnt knew that the 32gb was a maxx. No wonder battery last all day.

Enviado desde mi DROID RAZR HD mediante Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users