fr8shaker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

You have to press the volume up and down at the same time to enter the menu.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#82 140hours

140hours

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Twitter:galstg

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

I installed SS 3.11.

When I go to "Install" it says there is an error (Status 7) and also "asser failed: getprop (xxx), only four lines of code and then it shuts down.

What now?

You have to press the volume up and down at the same time to enter the menu.

#83 fr8shaker

fr8shaker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

Did you have safestrap 3 installed with rom slots made, if so you have to fastboot back to stock with Matts utility, option 1, then factory reset before doing the OTA.

• Gytole likes this

#84 140hours

140hours

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Haha, I feel pretty dumb!

I was trying to install the new ROM from the internal memory instead of extSD, sorry for my posts, but it may help others not to make the same mistake!

All is great, I am using TriCore and everything is perfect, even saved root following your good instructions, thanks again!

Gary Brant

Did you have safestrap 3 installed with rom slots made, if so you have to fastboot back to stock with Matts utility, option 1, then factory reset before doing the OTA.

• Gytole likes this

#85 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!
  • Current Device(s):HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 FLO

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

Lmao its the stupid little problems that can render someone insane. Haha like the file on internal lmao people make mistakes so its all good my friend! Glad you figured it out though! Ive been running fuzion the last 2 weeks and have enjoyed it alot. What roms you guys using? And no im not on dualboot. Im straight jellybean. Lol
Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#86 140hours

140hours

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for understanding, lol!

I'm running TripleCore V1 so far it is perfect.

I did make one change from your setup inst. I used SS 3.11, it worked just fine!

BTW, is there a flashable setup so that a custom ROM like we are using adds a theme switcher? I'd like to try out some custom themes *(in the market and elsewhere) and be able to switch
them easily.

Thanks again for all your help!

Gary

#87 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Thanks for understanding, lol!

I'm running TripleCore V1 so far it is perfect.

I did make one change from your setup inst. I used SS 3.11, it worked just fine!

BTW, is there a flashable setup so that a custom ROM like we are using adds a theme switcher? I'd like to try out some custom themes *(in the market and elsewhere) and be able to switch
them easily.

Thanks again for all your help!

Gary

im going to update the guide shortly, ive just been super busy lately, 12 hour days killl. haha and yes SS3.11 is a must! 3.07 was it when I was editing it.
Themes solely depend on the rom itself. cyanogen has theme support while most roms dont and the developer themes their roms accordingly, so it's basically like you have to ask them to see whats compatible or else you'll brick. I personally dont use themes, I stick with what the developer throws at me cause I enjoy each individuals work, IT's nice to see what they like and do. I use Nova and Icon theme packs and handcent with my own setup of how texting looks and thats about it for themes for me. lmao I used to be crazy about themes years ago but the constant crack flashing has slowed my interest in themes and my main interest now are speed/stability and overall "feel" of roms. Maybe a nice cyanogen based rom with themes will touch the Razr and you can try it then!
Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#88 140hours

140hours

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

Thanks a lot for all your help!

BTW I'm like you, I like stability and speed, so I'll stick with plain vanilla Apex Prime, no theme, and let it work for a while.

I used to have an urge to immediately try all kinds of themes with new ROMS, but now I'm more interested in letting the puppy do its thing and monitoring
speed, battery life and stability.

Have a great week, hope it's warmer where you are it's 20 deg outside in NYC!

Cheers,

Gary

im going to update the guide shortly, ive just been super busy lately, 12 hour days killl. haha and yes SS3.11 is a must! 3.07 was it when I was editing it.
Themes solely depend on the rom itself. cyanogen has theme support while most roms dont and the developer themes their roms accordingly, so it's basically like you have to ask them to see whats compatible or else you'll brick. I personally dont use themes, I stick with what the developer throws at me cause I enjoy each individuals work, IT's nice to see what they like and do. I use Nova and Icon theme packs and handcent with my own setup of how texting looks and thats about it for themes for me. lmao I used to be crazy about themes years ago but the constant crack flashing has slowed my interest in themes and my main interest now are speed/stability and overall "feel" of roms. Maybe a nice cyanogen based rom with themes will touch the Razr and you can try it then!

• Gytole likes this

#89 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

my stock rom on jellybean is borked...
Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#90 Mattchewey

Mattchewey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:@Mattchewey
  • Google+:lucascustomaudio
  • LocationColumbia, SC
  • Current Device(s):XT926SE

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

OP link for .215 leak is broken. Anyone with the file be willing to share. :-)

• Gytole likes this

#91 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Good lookin! i'll have to fix it later!
Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#92 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

Thishttp://www.droidrzr.com/index.php?/topic/3422-6.16.215-Ics-Update-Leak-(Install-From-211)
6.16.215 Ics Update Leak (Install From 211) has a few links. Just tried the one from the OP and it worked. I didn't flash it though
  • Gytole likes this

#93 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

This

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

has a few links. Just tried the one from the OP and it worked. I didn't flash it though

#94 vladimirhtg

vladimirhtg

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

fantastic post. thanks.

#95 rosso

rosso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

So i made the jump to JB today everything went well, rooted and installed ss3.11 put Batakang in slot 1 running just fine, however as i add apps back i'm getting low storage warnings. Well I guess its my own fault 'cause i only read the parts of the instructions that i needed...i did format my ext-sd card but did not do the same with internal storage...so to fix this i need to boot into stock JB, remove SS 3.11, format internal storage, reinstall ss3.11 activate rom slot 1 and reflash ROM sound about right????

Ross

#96 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

So i made the jump to JB today everything went well, rooted and installed ss3.11 put Batakang in slot 1 running just fine, however as i add apps back i'm getting low storage warnings. Well I guess its my own fault 'cause i only read the parts of the instructions that i needed...i did format my ext-sd card but did not do the same with internal storage...so to fix this i need to boot into stock JB, remove SS 3.11, format internal storage, reinstall ss3.11 activate rom slot 1 and reflash ROM sound about right????

Ross

Yes that's one way of doing it. The long but probably the best way that way you start fresh.

P.s. it could be that you need to wipe internal storage like you said it that you need to create a bigger Rom slot to flash and not in to. Since you said it's giving you that error after restoring apps, I think you might fix it by creating a bigger slot than flashing than booting up and restoring apps. Doing both couldn't hurt

#97 rosso

rosso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Yes that's one way of doing it. The long but probably the best way that way you start fresh.

P.s. it could be that you need to wipe internal storage like you said it that you need to create a bigger Rom slot to flash and not in to. Since you said it's giving you that error after restoring apps, I think you might fix it by creating a bigger slot than flashing than booting up and restoring apps. Doing both couldn't hurt

Thanks for the reply. Just to be clear what do you mean by start fresh...

Ross

#98 dmlsthe1

dmlsthe1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for the reply. Just to be clear what do you mean by start fresh...

Ross

As in start from scratch. Delete it all and redo it. It's not a necessary phrase in that paragraph lol you can ignore that phrase

#99 rosso

rosso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

As in start from scratch. Delete it all and redo it. It's not a necessary phrase in that paragraph lol you can ignore that phrase

What I thought but its always good to be sure. What I have done is to boot into stock JB, uninstall SS recovery, format internal storage, which gave me a full 8GB. Reinstalled SS recovery, activated rom slot 1 with 2GB space (now that I think about it I should have gone with three GB as I probably wouldn't use more than 2 ROM slots at a time any way but I can always redo that..installed ROM (Batakang) and reinstalled apps. All is working just fine. Still need to put things back on external SD card but that's not a big deal.

Ross

#100 TheGoyaGod

TheGoyaGod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:crownlife
  • Locationusa
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr maxx hd

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

isn't motochopper the latest rooting script instead of using matt's droidrazr utility? just wondering which one was the latest considering you published that useful info sometime towards the end of last yr. @gytole

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users