No replies to this topic

#1 tyrate

tyrate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

So it’s been a little over 2 weeks and I’ve run through multiple ROM and backup installations using SS3 and its various ROM slots. I’ve finally narrowed down the ROMs to some of my favs but that’s another topic that’s soon to come.

My question is towards the cleanup effort that now needs to be done on my phone? I know there’s allot of junk folders/files that can go away that have been left behind from previous ROM installations but I have no clue which ones are safe to delete and which ones aren’t? The 3 biggest offenders being the safestrap (necessity I'm sure), pmw (not sure) and the android (not sure) folders. My 30GB external memory card has also taken a large hit as well placing me in a state of confusion because it seems like a large amount of the folders on the external look like duplicates of the internal ones.

One of the steps I’ve done during my ROM quest that maybe a helpful clue to those in the know and please keep in mind that I’m newbie so don’t ask why because the answer is most likely that I’m a moron and I didn’t know any better. Anyways there have been several occasions where I have transferred APPS2SD using either TIBU or ZDBox and then erasing those ROMs and I’m assume leaving those apps on the SD-ext behind. It’s my understanding if I erase “.android-secure” folder on my ext card that will remedy that problem but I’ve also notice that same folder is also on my internal memory, so can I erase that one as well? I’ve also read that I can just wipe the internal storage all together but that make no sense because I believe the safestrap folder resides in there as well and I would assume that would really screw up my phone if it was missing?

Speaking of safestrap I’ve had both 2.11 and now 3.05 installed on my phone. On my external card I have 2 folders that seem to be associated to SS and are consuming a large allot of my memory, TWRP and safestrap-backup. I’m pretty confident that TWRP is part of the SS3 but I’m not sure if safestrap-backup is from the old 2.11 app which I believe it is but I just need some confirmation of that before go ahead and delete it.

Thanks for being patience with the long winded question and explanation but I know from past experiences that just going in and erasing folders with no clue on what purposes they serve can cause me bigger issues in the future so I just wanted to be sure on what is safe to remove and what's not safe to remove.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cleanup, uninstall, ROM, safestrap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users