Photo

[Recovery][Locked Devices] Safestrap Recovery V3.1 [01/04 3.12 - Stock Flash +] [All Versions]

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#181 originaldobo

originaldobo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:@originaldobo
  • Google+:dobo122884
  • LocationLakeland F.L
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

That's why I went back to the 3.05 safestrap. I found that if I restore my batakang nandroid to my stock slot I over came the 3gb storage issue and seemed that the phone responded better

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#182 ducats

ducats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

That's why I went back to the 3.05 safestrap. I found that if I restore my batakang nandroid to my stock slot I over came the 3gb storage issue and seemed that the phone responded better

I guess what I'm trying to get is your exact step by step. I already went back to previous SS version and did a backup. However restoring it over a full wipe does nothing.

#183 originaldobo

originaldobo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLakeland F.L

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

After mine wouldn't boot I started from scratch meaning I flashed all the way back to stock and try again

#184 ducats

ducats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

After mine wouldn't boot I started from scratch meaning I flashed all the way back to stock and try again

Yeah, I've done that twice, staring at a third time... care to share a step by step?

#185 originaldobo

originaldobo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLakeland F.L

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

When I get off work in 10mins I'll write a step by step

#186 ducats

ducats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Has anyone else actually had success flashing to the stock slot?

#187 Lokja

Lokja

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Worked flawlessly on my RZRMAXX. Thank you so much.

#188 kriskokd

kriskokd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Tried to install Black Widow ROM on stock slot and keep getting errors. Any help would be appreciated. Did all the wipes

#189 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

i thought stock slot was for STOCK rom,i might be wrong

#190 kriskokd

kriskokd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

I will go do more searching......thank you

#191 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

Is anyone having problems with the external sd card suddenly becoming unrecognized? Like it's uninstalled, but it's physically is there.......this is odd!

Thanks for all the advice but I figured it out.... It is a bad sd card...out of nowhere it just took a $#!+ on me..... Not cool

#192 thaijunk

thaijunk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

i did a search for this and I believe the answer is that it's being worked on; but just in case I missed a more recent answer, here goes:
Is there a way to create a ROM slot on the external SD card at this time since the internal SD Card is limited on space?
Thanks in advance. :)

Razr Maxx on JB DualBoot and SS3.11

oops. wrong forum

#193 radzer0

radzer0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNOLA
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD Maxx

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

If I update this by the way of uninstalling recovery etc. Do I loose all my current roms? Or will it pick them up on its own as already being installed?

#194 Cooljoe

Cooljoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD Unlocked Bootloader

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

I have a problem i tried to flash rom to stock (Batakang 1.00) on 3.12 it didnt work somehow tried flashing back the recovery i made, went to send text noticed swype switch to stock keyboard. Went into TItanium Backup there were like 5 things uninstalled one of them was the keyboard provider switcher. This needs to be fixed because now i have to fastboot back to ics then to back to JB i dont have time for this.

#195 grant

grant

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

IF USERS on STOCK ICS want a method for getting that onto a rom-slot as well, let me know.

Hi Hashcode, great work thanks!

I would appreciate a SS version that does allow installing onto an ICS phone.

(I have a canadian Razr HD, and we have not gotten JB OTA)

#196 thecameraman

thecameraman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

So I've got Safestrap installed and am planning on flashing Batakang to the first rom slot (not the stock one), and something just occurred to me...Is there a security risk to having the recovery mode enabled? I have my device password protected in case it gets lost or stolen, but if someone does get their hands on it and turns it off and on can they just boot it into recovery and get at my data? Or will they only be able to erase everything on the device?

#197 r613

r613

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr Maxx HD XT926

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

So I've got Safestrap installed and am planning on flashing Batakang to the first rom slot (not the stock one), and something just occurred to me...Is there a security risk to having the recovery mode enabled? I have my device password protected in case it gets lost or stolen, but if someone does get their hands on it and turns it off and on can they just boot it into recovery and get at my data? Or will they only be able to erase everything on the device?

From my experience once you install Safestrap everytime you turn on the phone it will give you the option to go to recovery or continue booting even with a password enabled. You can search external and internal memory in Safestrap recovery and see file names but I dont think they can see anything specific. i.e. you cant go to the DCIM folder and see the pics only file name of pic. And yes you can factory reset, delete cache, etc. from here just by swiping to confirm.

#198 grant

grant

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

IF USERS on STOCK ICS want a method for getting that onto a rom-slot as well, let me know.

This is great work hash! But to beat a dead horse... some of us Rogers customers are locked into ICS (i.e., literally impossible to upgrade) ... Will you be able to make this work for ICS users?

#199 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

If I update this by the way of uninstalling recovery etc. Do I loose all my current roms? Or will it pick them up on its own as already being installed?

I have yet to update Safestrap from 3.05 and I was wondering the same thing. I'm new to this.

#200 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

I just tried it. It works fine, and when you install the new version everything is still there. You boot to the stock slot, open safestrap, uninstall recovery, then uninstall safestrap, then install the new safestrap apk and reboot, and your rom slots and stuff are just the way they were.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users