Photo

Is A Razr To Razr Maxx Conversion Kit A Pipedream?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 bogginblazer

bogginblazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

I don't know if anyone has said this yet. This is my thoughts since the razor's a mass production thing and not custom made by any means. my guess would be they may the battery exact same size as ours just taller and the backing plate is different. So what I plan on doing is going to a cellphone repair place. In about 6 months and getting my battery replaced with a razor max battery and new backing plate. By that time I might be videos out how to do so. And the parts might be available online. Just a thought.

#22 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:01 AM

I don't know if anyone has said this yet. This is my thoughts since the razor's a mass production thing and not custom made by any means. my guess would be they may the battery exact same size as ours just taller and the backing plate is different. So what I plan on doing is going to a cellphone repair place. In about 6 months and getting my battery replaced with a razor max battery and new backing plate. By that time I might be videos out how to do so. And the parts might be available online. Just a thought.

By that time we will all have the razr2 and have forgotten about the battery issue. Lol

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
  • denpad2010 likes this
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#23 lightbayne

lightbayne

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:07 AM

I've taken apart my maxx, its soo easy! its exactly the same as the inside of the og razr but with a bigger battery. if you could pick up a broken razr maxx on fleabay i bet you could make it work!

#24 MonkeyMouth

MonkeyMouth

Boot Logo Master

• Superuser
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:Adriano.Badilla@gmail.com
  • LocationLaveen, Arizona
  • Current Device(s):DROID ULTRA

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

proof. Batteries are the same.

Posted Image

Yet again. It isn't nessacary. But if you like my work or just want to be generous. Buy me a Monster. So I can stay up:P

Posted Image

#25 jcutter347

jcutter347

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Twitter:@jcutter347
  • LocationSnook Alley, Florida

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

Flash DT's ROM Abysm.... Battery life is EXCELLENT. I get 24 hrs. minimum with the regular Razr using this ROM.
One of the phones features is water resistance. Pretty sure this would kill that . Why destroy this phone and Frankenstein it? A little reading would defuse this whole thing.

#26 manny805

manny805

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Locationoxnard,cali

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

good info thanks

#27 stupidchicken03

stupidchicken03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationIn the Sac of CA

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Flash DT's ROM Abysm.... Battery life is EXCELLENT. I get 24 hrs. minimum with the regular Razr using this ROM.
One of the phones features is water resistance. Pretty sure this would kill that . Why destroy this phone and Frankenstein it? A little reading would defuse this whole thing.

What type of usage do you do on your phone?

Over the weekend I turned my 3G off and BARLEY talked on the phone and/or sent over 50 txts. Sat I got about 10 hours out of my phone and Sun about 12 hours off my phone (going from 100% to around 25%).

#28 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:21 AM

I get pretty similar battery life as well. I use the extreme debloat plus juice defender.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

#29 jcutter347

jcutter347

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Twitter:@jcutter347
  • LocationSnook Alley, Florida

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:20 AM

What type of usage do you do on your phone?

Over the weekend I turned my 3G off and BARLEY talked on the phone and/or sent over 50 txts. Sat I got about 10 hours out of my phone and Sun about 12 hours off my phone (going from 100% to around 25%).

I use my phone non stop. I run benchmarks a lot. I also use my GPS a lot while out fishing. I do a lot of texting too.

#30 Cruiserdude

Cruiserdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:@andrewblitch

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

So any new leads as to where to buy these parts?

#31 Cruiserdude

Cruiserdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:@andrewblitch

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

Bump. There's no way I'm the only person still interested in this...

#32 busab

busab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

I still am. There was another guy that was going to order the parts in another thread but then he disappeared. I think people are just screwing with us.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#33 busab

busab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

I still am. There was another guy that was going to order the parts in another thread but then he disappeared. I think people are just screwing with us.

#34 busab

busab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

#35 busab

busab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

#36 busab

busab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

#37 busab

busab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Holy quadruple post Batman! Sorry tapatalk kept saying it "failed to connect to the forum" so I kept trying. Lol

#38 SHOCKER805

SHOCKER805

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Here is a site that has the parts ( well soon ) The parts can swap over to make the OG Razr into the Razr MAXX. All thats needed i believe is the back plate, battery. The only issue with just those parts in the sim card door will have a gap. BUT if you get the metal frame that holds the bettery then it comes with the bigger sim door :D

I know as soon as i can im turning mine into a "maxx"

#39 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

Yeah I found that site in my searches. Only issue I see (and I'm not sure if I really care) is it doesn't come with (and they don't carry) the Maxx SIM/SD card slot cover.

And there's no news on when/if they will get the actual battery.

:-D :-D

#40 SHOCKER805

SHOCKER805

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

dang i thought they did come with it... well time to do some more hunting lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users