1554 replies to this topic

#1101 jhalsey205

jhalsey205

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

I have been using K-9 email for a couple years with no problems at all. You can always get the latest version from code.google.com/p/k9mail/

I am a huge k9 fan. I have it running my gmail + 3 google accounts email (all IMAP).

#1102 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hey DT. Good news... Check this out... .173 is officially official

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#1103 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

Hey DT. Good news... Check this out... .173 is officially official

Yep, I've heard. As soon as someone gets it pull it from /cache before they reboot and send it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  • mugsy77 likes this

#1104 Phantom R

Phantom R

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Im running your rom and wanted to make sure I wouldn't f sh*t up by installing the 6.11.748.xt912 file? the reason Im asking is because im on Android version 2.3.5 and the update takes us to .6.....Just wondering ,
Thanks a bunch for all your ridiculous abilities DT:-)

#1105 Sgerena

Sgerena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

I am a huge k9 fan. I have it running my gmail + 3 google accounts email (all IMAP).

I've tried this email and it doesn't work for me. I can set up the inbound mail but when I go to set up outbound mail doesn't set up. Thanks

#1106 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

Im running your rom and wanted to make sure I wouldn't f sh*t up by installing the 6.11.748.xt912 file? the reason Im asking is because im on Android version 2.3.5 and the update takes us to .6.....Just wondering ,
Thanks a bunch for all your ridiculous abilities DT:-)

You'll have to revert to stock .744 to update to .748. Also, this ROM is intended for .748 not .744.

#1107 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

Yep, I've heard. As soon as someone gets it pull it from /cache before they reboot and send it.

Thank you for not assuming the leaked .173 is identical to the official .173. Never with Android, but in life I've run into way too many problems from people making assumptions like that.

#1108 Phantom R

Phantom R

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

Thanks for the confirmation:-)
Long are the days of old DX when I would Brick a few and send it to VZW and they would send me another......I just wanted the rest of us "Waltons" out there to not have to dig ourselves out of a dirty hole (Yeah I said dirty hole:-)

#1109 dareyoutolaugh

dareyoutolaugh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

The Extreme build has no Webtop or supported parts. It has been gutted from.it.

Sorry, in my original post where I mentioned the keyboard and mouse working, but all through the standard android interface on the phone, I meant to include that I was running Abysm 1.1 full version.

It seems *very* close to working though. As I've said, I have a log during the dock/undock if that helps any.

#1110 trimax84

trimax84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

Webtop, in the form of Nebtop in the xda forums, worked fine for me on the standard (non-extreme) version. Phone becomes a mousepad and keyboard :)
Edit: this is just with the Hdmi connection to my tv and not the lap dock 500 thing

#1111 j3t

j3t

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

Is anyone else having any issues on battery drain? I've had recharge twice today. I'm getting about 3 to 4 hours hours of moderate use out of it before i have to recharge.

+1

I am really struggling with Battery life. I've been running this all week w/ virtually no apps. I am getting 3-4 hours out of a charge. I've done battery cache clears and used apps to re-calibrate. I even turned my LTE off. Battery life is unusable for me. Other than that this ROM is AMAZING!!

#1112 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Google+:thegsxr1000kid

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

+1

I am really struggling with Battery life. I've been running this all week w/ virtually no apps. I am getting 3-4 hours out of a charge. I've done battery cache clears and used apps to re-calibrate. I even turned my LTE off. Battery life is unusable for me. Other than that this ROM is AMAZING!!

some thing is wrong with the set up or some thing. im getting 12 to 16 hrs of normal use
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#1113 j3t

j3t

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

some thing is wrong with the set up or some thing. im getting 12 to 16 hrs of normal use

Well at least 2 of us in here are having a different experience than you are. 12 to 16 hours? Too much Faygo for you Juggalo. Clocks. How do they work?
.I'm not buying that.

#1114 frankyvee

frankyvee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

+1

I agree with Kid. Some process is chewing up your battery. I'm on my second day and I'm still at 30 % , been mostly on standyby with an ocasional text, phone call, and playing hanging with friends. I noticed that after removing an app called extended power controls my battery performance went from 1 day to 2 days.

• The Kid likes this

#1115 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Well at least 2 of us in here are having a different experience than you are. 12 to 16 hours? Too much Faygo for you Juggalo. Clocks. How do they work?
.I'm not buying that.

i dont give a $#!+ if you believe it or not but hey my phone gets more than 4 hrs out a charge
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#1116 frankyvee

frankyvee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

i dont care if you believe it or not but hey my phone gets more than 4 hrs out a charge

I just took a snap shot of my battery history. This ROM is just freakin aewsome on battery performance.!!!

#1117 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

I haven't read all of this but I know a battery argument when I see one.

Every phone is different. Not just models but each handset. That's why this is all a YMMV situation. Some phone take different settings, kernels, or ROMS better than others.

All you can do is explore, read, and tweak things on you're own until you find that sweet spot. My Evo was a battery easyperson. But, after testing and exploring I could go a day on one charge.

Sent from my XT912
  • The Kid likes this

#1118 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

let me dl mine, now get you some of that

Attached Thumbnails

• 1328238197925.jpg

• frankyvee likes this
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#1119 The Kid

The Kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

I haven't read all of this but I know a battery argument when I see one.

Every phone is different. Not just models but each handset. That's why this is all a YMMV situation. Some phone take different settings, kernels, or ROMS better than others.

All you can do is explore, read, and tweak things on you're own until you find that sweet spot. My Evo was a battery easyperson. But, after testing and exploring I could go a day on one charge.

Sent from my XT912

you are right, this place is as good as jims place but here i think im the "ropodope" of the bunch lol
3.0 icsourcery GNex

#1120 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

you are right, this place is as good as jims place but here i think the "ropodope" of the bunch lol

I don't think anybody can be a ropodope.. he has some big rear end shoes to fill!

Sent from my XT912

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users