• Please log in to reply
1554 replies to this topic

#1081 Sgerena

Sgerena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

I think there is one called K9 I have heard people using.

You can always forward to your Gmail also, but...

EDIT: Fingers weren't fast enough. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Just tried that. I can get past incoming but when it is setting up outbound it just sets their. And if I try the corporate mail app it says my device doesn't support the server. Lol

#1082 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

I've got some seemingly random issues with this ROM. One night I had a completely random reboot. I hit the power button to check if I had any messages, I didn't so I hit it again to turn it off. But the screen stayed lit, but was black. The keys at the bottom were still lit up. I thought I might've hit a bug so I tired to turn it on again, no go. It then rebooted. Haven't had that issue since.

Twice, I've had the touch screen "freeze" to where I couldn't do anything for about 30 seconds. I just waited it out each time and it seemed to fix itself. All the buttons worked, just not the touch screen. I've been running 1.1 since it was released, and these are the only issues I've had.

#1083 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

bwahahaha! Beat yah to the punch.

And I fixed my home key and search key by simply reflashing the base rom and the update. Batch Restored my apps without data in Titanium then restored data in my games and everything works perfect.

#1084 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

I've got some seemingly random issues with this ROM. One night I had a completely random reboot. I hit the power button to check if I had any messages, I didn't so I hit it again to turn it off. But the screen stayed lit, but was black. The keys at the bottom were still lit up. I thought I might've hit a bug so I tired to turn it on again, no go. It then rebooted. Haven't had that issue since.

Twice, I've had the touch screen "freeze" to where I couldn't do anything for about 30 seconds. I just waited it out each time and it seemed to fix itself. All the buttons worked, just not the touch screen. I've been running 1.1 since it was released, and these are the only issues I've had.

Lockscreen app? SetCPU? ?

• dustincook87 likes this

#1085 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

bwahahaha! Beat yah to the punch.

And I fixed my home key and search key by simply reflashing the base rom and the update. Batch Restored my apps without data in Titanium then restored data in my games and everything works perfect.

GoLauncher has acknowledged the Soft Key bug. No idea what causes it.

#1086 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

Lockscreen app? SetCPU? ?

Nope, using stock lockscreen and haven't changed anything else (setcpu and such). However, I do remember restoring app data with Titanium backup. But only user apps, not system apps. That might've caused it.

#1087 Sgerena

Sgerena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

Their has to be a app that will work with my emailllllllllllll.

Lol

#1088 csharper_1969

csharper_1969

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Is anyone else having any issues on battery drain? I've had recharge twice today. I'm getting about 3 to 4 hours hours of moderate use out of it before i have to recharge.

#1089 Sgerena

Sgerena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

Is anyone else having any issues on battery drain? I've had recharge twice today. I'm getting about 3 to 4 hours hours of moderate use out of it before i have to recharge.

If I'm on it browsing or just keeping the screen on it kills the battery lol I can watch it go down.

#1090 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

If I'm on it browsing or just keeping the screen on it kills the battery lol I can watch it go down.

4glte is a battery killer. I went down 10 % in 10 mins. Stick to 3g or wifi if you have a low to moderate signal....

#1091 Sgerena

Sgerena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

4glte is a battery killer. I went down 10 % in 10 mins. Stick to 3g or wifi if you have a moderate signal....

I just love the speed of 4g. Also if I'm browsing and get a call on 3g I lose my data tell it kicks back in. Kinda sucks.

#1092 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

Your battery needs a couple charge cycles before you see what battery life is.

#1093 csharper_1969

csharper_1969

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

Your battery needs a couple charge cycles before you see what battery life is.

10-4 You think clearing the battery stats will help also?

#1094 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

Won't hurt... I doesn't help with battery life, but it will help with accuracy. Wipe them at 100%.

For example, I was at 1% for close to a hour yesterday. And I know that was not the case. :)

#1095 Burbank

Burbank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIthaca, New York

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:54 PM

Their has to be a app that will work with my emailllllllllllll.

Lol

I have been using K-9 email for a couple years with no problems at all. You can always get the latest version from code.google.com/p/k9mail/

#1096 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

For folks having issues with battery life, couple of things you can do in case you are not aware... I don't use 4g much, so I down mine to 3g and get much better battery life.

Another thing that helps some is under Settings, Brightness, then select Display Power Saver. Dims the screen slightly in case your display is a factor on battery drainage.

#1097 jsajr

jsajr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

Unfortunately after a fresh fastboot->bootstrap->wipe->install my Lapdock 500 never gains control of a Webtop environment. The mouse cursor shows on the Razr's standard Android screen and the keyboard passes through, but the actual webtop never starts and the Lapdock only displays the traveling (M) logo.

I have a copy of /dev/log/main saved from an attempted dock/undock if you think that might provide any clues. I can't seem to attach it here, but if you PM me I can get it to you.

I can confirm the LapDock is not working.

I loaded up the Extreme (personal) Rom along with the update. I restored all my apps with Titanium. Overall Rom is fast and smooth. I have two issues. My Default Email program I only use for Hotmail causes a FC and I can't see the icon anymore. What was that, Messages or something? You can tell I rarely used it. The other is the LapDock 500 does not work. I plug it in and the screen lights up on the Dock, but the phone never shows it's screens and everythign is locked up.

Thanks for the very nice rom. Looking forward to those two things being fixed, otherwise I will have to use the sluggish stock junk.

#1098 alansirhc

alansirhc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

Another thing that helps some is under Settings, Brightness, then select Display Power Saver. Dims the screen slightly in case your display is a factor on battery drainage.

My battery life is horrid so far too. I have 4g off until some 4g towers go in. Course, I run with a nice bright display and GPS/bluetooth almost always on. I just keep it plugged in all day at work, at home when I tether, and on any drive longer than an hour. It may be my own fault that my phone dies so fast, but I LIKE the display bright.

It does seem quite a bit worse than the old phone with similar behavior, but then it has a bigger screen and an extra processor.

#1099 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

I can confirm the LapDock is not working.

I loaded up the Extreme (personal) Rom along with the update. I restored all my apps with Titanium. Overall Rom is fast and smooth. I have two issues. My Default Email program I only use for Hotmail causes a FC and I can't see the icon anymore. What was that, Messages or something? You can tell I rarely used it. The other is the LapDock 500 does not work. I plug it in and the screen lights up on the Dock, but the phone never shows it's screens and everythign is locked up.

Thanks for the very nice rom. Looking forward to those two things being fixed, otherwise I will have to use the sluggish stock junk.

The Extreme build has no Webtop or supported parts. It has been gutted from.it.

#1100 jsajr

jsajr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

The Extreme build has no Webtop or supported parts. It has been gutted from.it.

Well :P

Such a simple explaination... can't get there from here... Ok, Will LOAD up the non-extreme and report back.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)