Photo

[ROM] [Bionic] Blurry_Maxx_v4.4.1 + [Theme] Silverized (updated 4/5/13)

• Please log in to reply
1300 replies to this topic

#121 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

I have not experienced this flicker on blurry sorli. I have seen it in the past on other roms though. It seems like when it was happening to me my phone would be over 100 degrees. So maybe it has something to do with battery temp. Does not help much I know but might be something to keep an eye on.

#122 bsorli

bsorli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

I have not experienced this flicker on blurry sorli. I have seen it in the past on other roms though. It seems like when it was happening to me my phone would be over 100 degrees. So maybe it has something to do with battery temp. Does not help much I know but might be something to keep an eye on.

Ahh that maybe just what was happening in it stopped after reboot and probably cooling also. Thanks for the insight. Sorli...

#123 syxia

syxia

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

What governor/scheduler are you guys running? I'm leaving it the way it is now, but curious to hear what you all are trying.

#124 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

I would recommend using smartass governor with deadline scheduler for best performance and battery life.

#125 bsorli

bsorli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Fresh and Clean install of Blurry 1.4 fixed most of my problems. Actually, the whole process was complicated by the recent Error:= "system UIDs inconsistent" UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable. Then I got "I'm feeling lucky" tool bar in the bottom that doesn't really do too much. Wow, what a nightmare and forced me to backup my Internal SD card and then purge everything and kinda start over.

Thankfully, I was able to rely on Safestrap and deleting the Internal SD also removed my Slots 1 and 2 that I was able to recover both slots restoring the image files to the original location and then reinstall Blurry 1.4 clean. Running for about a day and half on new build and pretty happy having my phone working again.

Bluetooth update....I'm now using my new Jabra Talk headset that works pretty well and was inexpensive and on sale over the last Holiday weekend. Jabra and Blurry paired up easily and is working very well and even items that were sporadic like Google Now seem to function and respond as I expect. Actually, I just realized that Google ICS has some extra features for Audio input I never knew were available and I'm now even more excited if and when I transition to JB working and stock (or stock enough to allow Bluetooth and otherwise). Sorli...

#126 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Hey eye can you give us a quick breakdown of all the tweaker apps installed with this rom and what they do?

sent from my icy bionic
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#127 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

What governor/scheduler are you guys running? I'm leaving it the way it is now, but curious to hear what you all are trying.

Smartassv2 or pegasusq are both great governors. Sio and deadline are great schedulers.

#128 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

Fresh and Clean install of Blurry 1.4 fixed most of my problems. Actually, the whole process was complicated by the recent Error:= "system UIDs inconsistent" UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable. Then I got "I'm feeling lucky" tool bar in the bottom that doesn't really do too much. Wow, what a nightmare and forced me to backup my Internal SD card and then purge everything and kinda start over.

Thankfully, I was able to rely on Safestrap and deleting the Internal SD also removed my Slots 1 and 2 that I was able to recover both slots restoring the image files to the original location and then reinstall Blurry 1.4 clean. Running for about a day and half on new build and pretty happy having my phone working again.

Bluetooth update....I'm now using my new Jabra Talk headset that works pretty well and was inexpensive and on sale over the last Holiday weekend. Jabra and Blurry paired up easily and is working very well and even items that were sporadic like Google Now seem to function and respond as I expect. Actually, I just realized that Google ICS has some extra features for Audio input I never knew were available and I'm now even more excited if and when I transition to JB working and stock (or stock enough to allow Bluetooth and otherwise). Sorli...

That is an interesting error. How did that even happen?

#129 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

Hey eye can you give us a quick breakdown of all the tweaker apps installed with this rom and what they do?

sent from my icy bionic

Finally...I was waiting for this question!
I purposely did not add a lot of tweaks to Blurry because I wanted people to learn what all the tweaks do and how to add them on their own.
Thanks to Timmy10shoes for all these apps. I have asked him to respond to this question as well, since he knows a lot more about tweaking than I.
I would backup your ROM before applying any of the tweaks.

McTweaker is a great app to increase performance on your system. This app has a lot of options. All are explained very well in the app.
PropModder is a great app to tweak your buildprop.
Super Dim is a great app to decrease your brightness lower than the stock setting. Great battery saver if you can do it.

#130 bsorli

bsorli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

That is an interesting error. How did that even happen?

I suspect my multiple Flashing over previous systems leaving Data and Apps in place.

As I mentioned in an earlier message, I spent last weekend at Universal Studios running two different builds of Wizzed Bean (JB) and Eclipse (ICS). Eclipse was my primary and worked well for most of the weekend and then suddenly bootlooped while I was in line at Shrek 4D. Honestly, I was slamming my Bionic using GPS and Google Maps to get around the park...but I suspect it was just bad timing since I'm just standing and waiting with nothing to do. Eclipse was out so I switched to Wizzed Bean that worked pretty will before GPS/Google Maps stopped responding and left me with Waze for maps for the rest of my trip to Orlando.

Now back to Blurry, came home on Sunday looking for something new and better then Eclipse. I did as usual, purged Slot 1 install of Eclipse and began again using Blurry...thumbs up from Google Apps and then restored using my Titanium Backup of Apps and Misc settings. Blurry was doing fine for about two days, but then I began to realize the interface getting sluggish. So I backed out and reinstalled Blurry over the original install of Blurry and restore of Titanium Backup and then bump reboot and error messages when trying to restore Google Apps, maps, etc that require Google's thumbs up!

Basically, things went bad quickly and I ended up purging that install, slot, and starting over completely (mostly) clean. Only thing recovered from TB was larger apps and games that take forever to re-download and install. Sorli...

#131 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

Finally...I was waiting for this question!
I purposely did not add a lot of tweaks to Blurry because I wanted people to learn what all the tweaks do and how to add them on their own.
Thanks to Timmy10shoes for all these apps. I have asked him to respond to this question as well, since he knows a lot more about tweaking than I.
I would backup your ROM before applying any of the tweaks.

McTweaker is a great app to increase performance on your system. This app has a lot of options. All are explained very well in the app.
PropModder is a great app to tweak your buildprop.
Super Dim is a great app to decrease your brightness lower than the stock setting. Great battery saver if you can do it.

I must have done something wrong, I used the McTweaker app to change some stuff up and at first things ran pretty good but after a few hours the phone got really laggy. I tried a couple of reboots, no change, disabled the McTweaker controls through the app again still laggy, froze the app using TB, worked ok for a little while then back to lagging. I even wiped the system and reinstalled Blurry14 but still had the lagging problem. I guess I probably should have done a full data wipe, but since I had just installed the ROM and reset up all my apps, I just went back and reinstalled a backup of Synergy. I love the ROM, it seems to be much better at battery life than Synergy and everything works unlike the CNa ROMS (but they are great for battery life and customization). If you've got an update coming out, I'll probably try the ROM again but wanted to pass on my experiences to everyone. I'm sure it was something I did and not reflective of the great work of our DEV.

Cheers
Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#132 bsorli

bsorli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

I must have done something wrong, I used the McTweaker app to change some stuff up and at first things ran pretty good but after a few hours the phone got really laggy. I tried a couple of reboots, no change, disabled the McTweaker controls through the app again still laggy, froze the app using TB, worked ok for a little while then back to lagging. I even wiped the system and reinstalled Blurry14 but still had the lagging problem. I guess I probably should have done a full data wipe, but since I had just installed the ROM and reset up all my apps, I just went back and reinstalled a backup of Synergy. I love the ROM, it seems to be much better at battery life than Synergy and everything works unlike the CNa ROMS (but they are great for battery life and customization). If you've got an update coming out, I'll probably try the ROM again but wanted to pass on my experiences to everyone. I'm sure it was something I did and not reflective of the great work of our DEV.

Cheers

Actually, I did the same thing and also part of my initial problems with Blurry. Forgot all about using McTweaker and it leading to some of my problems. Would love more detailed information on McTweaker and other similar apps, and plan to leave them be and not enhance much of anything till I have more information on how things work. Sorli...

#133 deduct

deduct

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

As with any ROM, you start messing with system settings and the like and you will compromise performance. Unless you really know what you are doing. I did the same thing to my blurry ROM a couple of days ago and just wiped everything and started fresh. Now that I have been running blurry for a couple of days with 3 g enabled and an extended battery, I am getting excellent battery life

Attached Files

#134 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

UPDATE:

Added Digital Percent Battery Mod to Mod section.

#135 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

UPDATE:

Added Wireless Tether Instructions to Mod Section. Thanks Mr. HQ for the instructions.

#136 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

Cheers

Sometimes too much performance equals bad outcomes. I will ask Timmy10shoes to explain things better.
Not sure about an update any time soon. I am working on a theme though...

#137 Mr. HQ

Mr. HQ

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

After about 5-7 days of testing, about the only thing I noticed was it takes a little longer to charge the battery than some of the other ROMs. (6 hours vs. 4) Battery life is just fine. Everything works great. Thanks for all the hard work

#138 bsorli

bsorli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

I also noticed that and not sure why it would be different and I'm using the base install with not other modifications besides No-Frills CPU adjustment to crank performance. Working pretty well and no problems since my last rebuild. Sorli...

After about 5-7 days of testing, about the only thing I noticed was it takes a little longer to charge the battery than some of the other ROMs. (6 hours vs. 4) Battery life is just fine. Everything works great. Thanks for all the hard work

#139 bsorli

bsorli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

I've also noticed in the past day since installing and running completely clean on Blurry 1.4, that my system sometimes has problems responding and coming back on after extended period of rest.

This happened yesterday when I was in town running errands with my wife and waiting in the car for her to return. I got a call and Google Voice picked up as usual to record the message, but then the phone got all sluggish and I ended up getting voice messages in stock Verizon voice messages system and Google Voice. Almost like it got confused on which to use for Voice Messages. Now I have a Verizon Messages indicator at the top of Blurry that won't go away even if I login using *86 or whatever the check messages shortcut is and delete all messages on Verizon's system.

Weird and not sure why things get sluggish, but figured you'd want to know. Sorli...

#140 markwebb

markwebb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

Likewise notice sluggishness after a few hours and sometimes freezing up for a bit. Battery life is OK; on par with other ROMs.

Otherwise, this ROM will be perfect when apps2sd is included.

Good job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users