Photo

DroidRzr.com Official Site Logo Contest-Congrats To All Involved!

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#61 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

Cool, but uses the DROID eye.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#62 Jcubed

Jcubed

Android Rescue Squad Leader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Google+:lovethelordjjj@gmail.com

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

Posted Image

Cool, but uses the DROID eye.

I like how you commented seconds after I posted and deleted it :P

Also, a word to all of those making logos or that use a photoshop of some sort, it is always best to create things in a high resolution as to avoid pixelation
  • lownslow200sx and fatmando2 like this

Posted Image

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#63 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

I like how you commented seconds after I posted and deleted it

Also, a word to all of those making logos or that use a photoshop of some sort, it is always best to create things in a high resolution as to avoid pixelation

#1 way to avoid pixels is to use Illustrator or other vector alternatives.

• Jcubed likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#64 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Posted Image

I like how you commented seconds after I posted and deleted it :P

That looks good! When you scale that down to 600x120 what does it look like?

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#65 Jcubed

Jcubed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'll have to change it later as well as make it transparent

Posted Image

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#66 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Third idea:

Posted Image

With background:

Posted Image
  • mattlgroff, lownslow200sx and dubsx like this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#67 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

If anything,this has gotten me trying new things. I have been trying to figure out certain effects and usually just push buttons and see what happens, (I don't do well with tutorials) and some things that have always been an issue for me has been shapes , glass and creating steel. I have finally started getting the hang of all and although none of these are good enough to be the new logo,I thought I'd share them and say thanks for doing the contest.If not for it,I wouldn't have these to learn more from!

Attached Files

#68 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

If anything,this has gotten me trying new things. I have been trying to figure out certain effects and usually just push buttons and see what happens, (I don't do well with tutorials) and some things that have always been an issue for me has been shapes , glass and creating steel. I have finally started getting the hang of all and although none of these are good enough to be the new logo,I thought I'd share them and say thanks for doing the contest.If not for it,I wouldn't have these to learn more from!

It is really good to see your development! I'm sure you can continue to create some awesome looking work! I totally agree with you though. This has been a good way to learn better ways of using photoshop to get the best out of it. After all, competition is one of the things that drives innovation and ideas!
  • Thach likes this

bWyLE9l.jpg

#69 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

I swear I just cannot figure out the right effect to use on the text... its throwing me through a loop. I thought maybe brushed metal, but that was causing me nothing but problems. So then I thought, maybe carbon fiber... Maybe Ill attempt it again later, its not like the contest ends tomorrow.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#70 Jcubed

Jcubed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

I swear I just cannot figure out the right effect to use on the text... its throwing me through a loop. i thought maybe brushed metal, but that was causing me nothing but problems. Maybe Ill attempt it again later, its not like the contest ends tomorrow.
Posted Image
Posted Image

take your time and delve into the world of creativity!

Posted Image

#71 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

lol. I already am delving into the world of creativity. I just get frustrated when I dont like something Ive done. I can keep editing the same image for months to make it perfect, trying all sorts of different things. Thats one of the reasons I can never get a theme out. Theres always something I want to change or am not happy with. I made that droid eye from scratch, that was tons of fun. The droid eye just seems like a staple to the website given its name and content. Unfortunately in any movie or television show with robots/droids the most prominent feature is the eye. They were spot on when choosing that as an icon for the Droid phones.

When it comes to logos and UI design, simple is the name of the game. The last one I posted, the text is too complicated and detracts from the logo. Go to any design school, and they will tell you that more is not better. Most effects can make something look cheesy if applied to liberally.

Its really the size thats making it so hard. The carbon fiber text looks great large, but making it that small just ruined it. Same with the brushed metal text I tried. It'll take me a bit, but Ill get it ;)

Edited by MarkusMcNugen, 27 November 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#72 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Wow, I pop in here twice a day to see what's happening and I am beside myself with how many awesome submissions there are already. And this thing has well over a week to go still. You guys are makin it HARD as hell for the staff who are gonna have to narrow this down. Damn, I am impressed though!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#73 Rinkle McBally

Rinkle McBally

Perv McGert

• Developer
  • 860 posts
  • Twitter:Rinkle_McBally
  • Google+:RinkleMcBally22@gmail.com
  • LocationForest Lake MN
  • Current Device(s):S3 D2vzw, Galaxy Tab 2

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Looks like I might have to fire up some Photoshop

Y.B.'s Daddy

rink2_zps72b73afa.png

**** If you want a signature, wallpaper or avatar done feel free to hit me up send me a pm ****

#74 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

lol. I already am delving into the world of creativity. I just get frustrated when I dont like something Ive done. I can keep editing the same image for months to make it perfect, trying all sorts of different things. Thats one of the reasons I can never get a theme out. Theres always something I want to change or am not happy with. I made that droid eye from scratch, that was tons of fun. The droid eye just seems like a staple to the website given its name and content. Unfortunately in any movie or television show with robots/droids the most prominent feature is the eye. They were spot on when choosing that as an icon for the Droid phones.

When it comes to logos and UI design, simple is the name of the game. The last one I posted, the text is too complicated and detracts from the logo. Go to any design school, and they will tell you that more is not better. Most effects can make something look cheesy if applied to liberally.

Its really the size thats making it so hard. The carbon fiber text looks great large, but making it that small just ruined it. Same with the brushed metal text I tried. It'll take me a bit, but Ill get it ;)

I am not a graphic designer nor am I versed in photo editing ,vector images,etc. and totally agree with the majority of what you stated. I like to play around with images and am having fun with this. I have tweaked the heck out of an image so much that I forgot how I accidently got a specific look and get extremely frustrated! I only recently started in the theme game..nothing as spectacular as others have created,but again..I'm having fun with it for the most part because it's helping me learn things. The biggest issue I'm having with this,besides my lack of ability is shrinking the image down while keeping certain elements looking right.I am happy with what I made so far because I made them..improvement could be made but it's another reason to practice.
  • MarkusMcNugen likes this

#75 dubsx

dubsx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 400 posts
  • Twitter:dubs_x
  • LocationThe OH

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

alright, this one should be legal...
Posted Image

with current droidrzr background:
Posted Image
  • tucstwo and MarkusMcNugen like this
Posted Image

#76 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

While my Photoshop/artistic skills are um.... lacking to say the least.... I figured I might try a basic, simple logo mainly for fun..... :)
Here is my first attempt at making a logo

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

36.53KB   9 downloads

Its not near as elaborate as some on here but it was fun to create and I learned a couple things about Photoshop while doing it :)

Edit... oops forgot to upload it properly
Uploading it now :)

Hmmm... kinda small looking :)

Edited by johnthehillbilly, 27 November 2012 - 07:18 PM.

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#77 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now that's what I am talking about lol. Your a one upper aren't ya? Man, I am sticking with my first one because I have no doubts that you have me beat lmfao

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  • mattlgroff, captmilk, dubsx and 1 other like this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#78 Jcubed

Jcubed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

I definitely like this one

Posted Image

#79 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Ok this is probably one of my last ones, I'm too much of a "minimalist" for a contest like this but here it goes anyway.

Transparent Background:

Posted Image

Dark Background:

Posted Image
  • johnthehillbilly likes this

#80 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Ok I got bored so here's another crappy one LOL:

Posted Image

Posted Image