2641 replies to this topic

#1781 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

All these kexec roms do weird stuff to my battery. I've tried calibrating and clearing stats, etc time and time again. A simple reboot (which is sometimes spawned from a bsod) will cause a massive drop in battery readout for no apparent reason (example reads 73 before and 56 after reboot) Maddening!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

#1782 brainwash1

brainwash1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

All these kexec roms do weird stuff to my battery. I've tried calibrating and clearing stats, etc time and time again. A simple reboot (which is sometimes spawned from a bsod) will cause a massive drop in battery readout for no apparent reason (example reads 73 before and 56 after reboot) Maddening!

Clearing battery stats doesn't affect the battery meter, only the list of how much of the current charge each app has used. Maybe when you have the bsod a process has hung, perhaps using a bunch of battery.
To calibrate the battery display you need to completely charge and discharge the battery a few times.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#1783 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

Yeah tried that a few times as well. And it doesn't always happen with a bsod, but even a plain reboot

#1784 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):iPhod 3gs, Droid 2, Droid Bionic

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

I think the os uses voltage to guesstimate battery percentage as well. Voltage drops during high drain activities (such as a bsod then reboot). Its possible that the battery percentage is calculated based on the voltage at boot which, if there had been an extended period of low drain prior to the bsod, could lead to a significantly lower battery reading at/after boot.

** edit
This is only speculation. I do not know how or when battery percentage is calculated.
I'm from the internet and so can you!

#1785 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

Lost all volume controls on 7/1. If to flag just check it asap.

#1786 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

SetCPU...

It does work...

My reading while this phone has low usage averages 1200/300 MHz or 76%

Using my phone more aggressively...the remaining 24% is shared between 600-800 MHz...

So it does work, Better Performance without Lags and Better Battery Life...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1787 DrunkulaTX

DrunkulaTX

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Twitter:drunkulatx
  • LocationDenton, TX
  • Current Device(s):HTC Droid DNA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

Really? I'm running it right now, it seems flawless, did you do a clean install? If not, give that a try

Tried multiple ways.  Including newly created rom slot, formatting system, wiping cache/dalvik.  Tried the nightly too but that was a dirty flash.  May try clean again with latest nightly if I get bored...

HTC Droid DNA

Droid RAZR XT912 (retired)

#1788 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

Lost all volume controls on 7/1. If to flag just check it asap.

Refresh your UI system in Tool Box or The App called "Quick boot" then choose Hot Boot...

Reflash or Recreate a New Slot 1 but you knew that already Captain :p

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1789 ZKK007

ZKK007

That Kiwi Guy

• Developer
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX, USA.
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT907

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

I'm using setcpu and it still resets my min back to 300....

Sent from my Banana Phone using Tapatalk 2

I'm jumping in here without read much backlog, but have you set this using profiles? You can use a simple Screen On/Off profile. SetCPU is a great app that holds speeds accurately.

bWyLE9l.jpg

Donate? Click on signature :)

#1790 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

I'm jumping in here without read much backlog, but have you set this using profiles? You can use a simple Screen On/Off profile. SetCPU is a great app that holds speeds accurately.

It's an awesome app I think what I'm finding is that when we're looking at the readings at 1200 300 ...the phone it's kind of dormant and when you start the usage it does perform at 600 and 800 megahertz when the phone is active...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1791 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

I have a butthead phone (or is that the user) No profile I set sticks. And actually bubba, didn't know that about getting volume back. Went the cheap way and reflashed 6/29.

#1792 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

Tried multiple ways.  Including newly created rom slot, formatting system, wiping cache/dalvik.  Tried the nightly too but that was a dirty flash.  May try clean again with latest nightly if I get bored...

Notice Factory wasn't Wiped...Or did you just miss it when Posting my friend...Hope you get it going...Its Awesome...Its one of my Daily Drives and I do Drive it like it was Stolen...

#1793 berndt_toast

berndt_toast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

Bubba, I was skeptical at first of your advice to up the minimum frequency, but I did it and have noticed quite an improvement in battery life. Thanks for the advice!

• The Persuader likes this

#1794 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

Bubba, I was skeptical at first of your advice to up the minimum frequency, but I did it and have noticed quite an improvement in battery life. Thanks for the advice!

Thanks,
the Battery Life is Good...Always beware of Apps you Download and see what it does to your Performance...

Maybe nothing, but you may be able to find a Culprit App for Sucking your Battery Life sooner than later...

Increasing the Min does Work...It seem to help when my Battery Life is getting low...with increasing the Min...I do get the extra's Life and NO LAGS in Performance...

However, I also think Juice Defender Ultimate is also a big Factor for increasing the Max...

Please Note,
Battery Life It will vary on other ROMs "For Sure"...Its all depending whats "Under The Hood"...Widgets, Live Wallpapers, Syncing Emails, Video's, Music...Your reading my Mail...

Seriously,
If I were the Average user, Not using it for Business...(I know this to be True) my Battery Life reading were 1 Day 5 Hours on many occasion but, with Business...12 to 14 hours...That Said, Cranking my Phone is what I do my friend...Turn n Burn in my Terms...

Happy 4th to you...

Its Bubba

#1795 DrunkulaTX

DrunkulaTX

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Twitter:drunkulatx
  • LocationDenton, TX
  • Current Device(s):HTC Droid DNA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:28 AM

Actually I got GPS working fine.  Was using it all day with no apparent issues.  However battery went from ~90% to <~40% in the span of two hours with light usage.  Not sure the cause.  Switched back to stock for the time being.  May try again this weekend.

HTC Droid DNA

Droid RAZR XT912 (retired)

#1796 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

GPS Does raise havoc with your Battery

#1797 zebinadams

zebinadams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationProvo, UT
  • Current Device(s):Bionic, NI Adam

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

I did a clean install of the 6/24 stable release with a brand new slot and everything but my GPS has stopped working. I've tried fixing permissions and still no luck. Is there a better nightly or should I try something else with the GPS?

#1798 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):iPhod 3gs, Droid 2, Droid Bionic

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

Its the NSA! Haha jk, but Google does like to collect a lot of data on you whenever they can. If you turn your radios off when not in use, it diminishes the amount of data they can collect on you as well as helps your battery life a lot.
I'm from the internet and so can you!

#1799 BigEdd

BigEdd

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh
  • Current Device(s):DROID BIONIC, ASUS transformer tf300t

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

The GPS "issue" has been around for a while, some people find a hard reboot and cleaning your cache will do the trick or like me, have to do a full clean reinstall, I've come to expect it at this point.... Although, I believe it was either rc4 or 5 I was running well over a week with moderate GPS usage and I never experienced the problem.

#1800 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

The GPS "issue" has been around for a while, some people find a hard reboot and cleaning your cache will do the trick or like me, have to do a full clean reinstall, I've come to expect it at this point.... Although, I believe it was either rc4 or 5 I was running well over a week with moderate GPS usage and I never experienced the problem.

GPS...
Using 5 days a week...

No Issues...
My GPS Locks & Loads seamlessly...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users