• 91 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

GPS...
Using 5 days a week...

No Issues...
My GPS Locks & Loads seamlessly...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

My gps works perfectly for weeks, but when it stops, nothing brings it back except booting stock rom. After that i can reboot any other rom and it works fine again.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#1802 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

My gps works perfectly for weeks, but when it stops, nothing brings it back except booting stock rom. After that i can reboot any other rom and it works fine again.

Afternoon BW...

Never had to do anything like that...when's the last time you flushed out your System/Files

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1803 brainwash1

brainwash1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

Afternoon BW...

Never had to do anything like that...when's the last time you flushed out your System/Files

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

I haven't gone more than a couple of weeks without a full wipe of everything. I can't stop flashing. This gps issue isn't huge for me, especially since I can fix it in 5 minutes with a couple of reboots. I was suggesting a way to get gps working for the few people who have been having similar problems.

#1804 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

I haven't gone more than a couple of weeks without a full wipe of everything. I can't stop flashing. This gps issue isn't huge for me, especially since I can fix it in 5 minutes with a couple of reboots. I was suggesting a way to get gps working for the few people who have been having similar problems.

BW...
Check this out...

But first you have to knock off this Flashing thing...reminds me of days gone by...

Awesome Tho :p

Ever try Hot Booting your UI system?

The App I use is "Quick Boot"...Great App with options and Hot Boot,:p to boot.

Kinda like a short cut to refresh your System/Realign the Ducts sort ta Speak...

I use it to Boot up my Bluetooth when Flashing New ROMs, Updates or certain files don't work well...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1805 brainwash1

brainwash1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

BW...Check this out...But first you have to knock off this Flashing thing...reminds me of days gone by...Awesome Tho :pEver try Hot Booting your UI system? The App I use is "Quick Boot"...Great App with options and Hot Boot,:p to boot.Kinda like a short cut to refresh your System/Realign the Ducts sort ta Speak...I use it to Boot up my Bluetooth when Flashing New ROMs, Updates or certain files don't work well...Its Bubba"Stubborn In Your Bones"

I have a shortcut to quick boot on my home screen, but that does nothing due the inop gps. I have tried a lot of possible fixes, including a lot of ridiculous voodoo type stuff people suggest. The only thing that fixes it every time is booting back to stock with safestrap.
As for stopping my flashing, when cm and/or aokp stop adding features and fixing bugs, I'll stop flashing updates.

#1806 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

I have a shortcut to quick boot on my home screen, but that does nothing due the inop gps. I have tried a lot of possible fixes, including a lot of ridiculous voodoo type stuff people suggest. The only thing that fixes it every time is booting back to stock with safestrap.
As for stopping my flashing, when cm and/or aokp stop adding features and fixing bugs, I'll stop flashing updates.

Jonwgee found a GPS fix...

Have you tried that...I'd copy the link but don't know how...every time I try to link up to pass it on doesn't work...

I suck at that skill :)

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1807 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

Running GPS status from the market has helped a few, including myself. The way I look at it, voodoo or not, of it takes care of issue, it's good enough for me.

#1808 DrunkulaTX

DrunkulaTX

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Twitter:drunkulatx
  • LocationDenton, TX
  • Current Device(s):HTC Droid DNA

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

I'm done flashing for awhile.  Though I had GPS working having random lockups was annoying.  Tired of all the backing up and restoring.  Will be stock/rooted only for now...

HTC Droid DNA

Droid RAZR XT912 (retired)

#1809 brainwash1

brainwash1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

Running GPS status from the market has helped a few, including myself. The way I look at it, voodoo or not, of it takes care of issue, it's good enough for me.

GPS status isn't voodoo, just doesn't work for me when my gps goes dead.

#1810 DrJay

DrJay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Google+:jconawayiii@gmail.com
  • LocationRancho Cucamonga California

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Fixed my gps issues by fixing permissions in safestrap. Safestrap under advanced / fix permissions....

Sent from my JB DROID BIONIC using my fingers

Sent from my ICS Bionic using my fingers

#1811 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):iPhod 3gs, Droid 2, Droid Bionic

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

Fixed my gps issues by fixing permissions in safestrap. Safestrap under advanced / fix permissions....

Sent from my JB DROID BIONIC using my fingers

This has worked for most people. I sincerely hope that everyone who ended up doing an FXZ, attempted a permissions fix first :/

• tw1n5nak35 likes this
I'm from the internet and so can you!

#1812 tw1n5nak35

tw1n5nak35

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, U.S
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy JuggerNote3 (SM-N900V)

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

This has worked for most people. I sincerely hope that everyone who ended up doing an FXZ, attempted a permissions fix first :/

Thank you for the info I will try this :D

Sent from my CM 10.1 DROID BIONIC using xparent skyblue tapatalk2

Previous Device: Motorola Droid Bionic (XT875)                                            Current Device: Samsung Galaxy Juggernote3 (SM-N900V)
Roms: EclipseICS, IcarusHD, WizzedBean, Executioner and Stock                Roms: Hyperdrive, Eclipse, Jasemine, Bigginz and Stock
Recovery: Safestrap v3.11                                                                             Recovery: Safestrap v3.75

#1813 obguy99

obguy99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

Still having problems with MMS. Any text I send with a file included or "reply alls" do not get sent. Or they get sent much later - I cant figure out when or why. Embarassing when texts get sent much later. I have not been having much problem with anything else on the most recent nightlies. Well maybe some infrequent crashes with bluetooth / apollo / podkicker scenarios. Thanks!!!

#1814 milski65

milski65

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Twitter:milski65

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

Still having problems with MMS. Any text I send with a file included or "reply alls" do not get sent. Or they get sent much later - I cant figure out when or why. Embarassing when texts get sent much later. I have not been having much problem with anything else on the most recent nightlies. Well maybe some infrequent crashes with bluetooth / apollo / podkicker scenarios. Thanks!!!

You using stock messaging app? Of so, download handcent mms, send one pic through it, then try stock again.

• obguy99 likes this

#1815 pcwjlw

pcwjlw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

Is it me or are none of the downloads for nightlies working?

#1816 nakedtime

nakedtime

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):iPhod 3gs, Droid 2, Droid Bionic

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

Is it me or are none of the downloads for nightlies working?

They've been working for me
  • DrJay likes this
I'm from the internet and so can you!

#1817 Erievon

Erievon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW S4 (MDK)

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

I keep watching for the 10.1.1 security patch, are we not included or has Hash commented?

• drugdoctor1, nakedtime and upchuckle like this

I should have a signature here...somewhere.

#1818 csantarcangelo

csantarcangelo

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:53 AM

And now 10.1.2 is coming out. Maybe Hash and DHacker knew and were just waiting. But the bbqlogs did include 10.1.1 in the "next nightly". It is strange that we haven't had a nightly since Monday unless folks are on vacation or something. Edit: just checked the STS team page and looks like a new nightly was finished last night. I'd guess it should be on get.cm sometime this morning. Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Just having fun with Android!

#1819 r1028

r1028

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationarizona
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid bionic

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

^^any idea when 10.2 is coming out?

#1820 Erievon

Erievon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationCleveland, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW S4 (MDK)

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

10.1 Stable has been so good for me I've gotten spoiled, almost don't want to hop back on the night train for a while and just enjoy the smooth problem free experience for a little bit. Hence why I was hoping for 10.1.1 or now 2.

Disclamer: Not pushing or complaining though Hash and DH, just inquiring. I love and appreciate all you've done for us. You've pushed this once-dead-in-the dev-waters Bionic further then I ever dreamed.

• LDubs likes this

I should have a signature here...somewhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users