Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

I ran eclipse just fine using twrp. Just Mount system prior to flashing. :-)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

using twrp here too way better than CWM

• neckchop likes this

#142 slogar25

slogar25

• Superuser
  • 43 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

I'd say different. CWM is more stock in appearance and functionality but just as effective.

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Motorola Droid Razr M

#143 Chvywolf

Chvywolf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M (Eclipse 1.2 Rom), NOOK Tablet (CM-10 Rom)

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

gotta mount system before flashing

I ran eclipse just fine using twrp. Just Mount system prior to flashing. :-)

I've already had it loaded this way for the last month.

Missing the point. I don't want to run it on the side, or on another boot image, I unlocked it so it would be the only OS i run on the phone. I want to use all my memory for what I want, not holding on to the stock crap.

That being said, I also tried TWRP's recovery software (not safetrap, again, already did that), and got the same error, status 0. On XMA's website, on page 2,3 of the thread for this rom, another person who had a developers Razr M, was having the same problem. I was hoping someone may have known what was done. if anything, to fix this problem.

#144 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City
  • Current Device(s):razr HD, razr m, note 10.1

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

I may have spoken too soon with my earlier response. After I posted i had noticed issues with storage. Screenshots had stopped working, and my gallery was hosed, only showing black screens for thumbnails and photos. This issue stayed with me to another ROM, and also through my restore of my stock image. I had assumed it was an issue with a remnant file from safe strap, so I did a complete restore of my phone. Wiped internal and external storage, fast boot back to stock, reinstall tarp (2.3.2.3) and then decided to try cm10. Of course it ran fine, and I figured past issues were gone. I tried flashing this again by mounting system, and got the same issue with storage. I was bummed, because eclipse is one of my favorite Roms. I'm going to keep playing with it, to see if i can figure out a way to get it to stick. I'll post back with any positive results, just didn't want to leave you hanging thinking nobody else was having a problem

#145 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

I may have spoken too soon with my earlier response. After I posted i had noticed issues with storage. Screenshots had stopped working, and my gallery was hosed, only showing black screens for thumbnails and photos. This issue stayed with me to another ROM, and also through my restore of my stock image. I had assumed it was an issue with a remnant file from safe strap, so I did a complete restore of my phone. Wiped internal and external storage, fast boot back to stock, reinstall tarp (2.3.2.3) and then decided to try cm10. Of course it ran fine, and I figured past issues were gone. I tried flashing this again by mounting system, and got the same issue with storage. I was bummed, because eclipse is one of my favorite Roms. I'm going to keep playing with it, to see if i can figure out a way to get it to stick. I'll post back with any positive results, just didn't want to leave you hanging thinking nobody else was having a problem

did you flash a stock I'm before trying to flash eclipse?

#146 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

Yes. I was coming from a fresh stock, I had just fastbooted. (Done it three or four times now, lol) newly formatted internal and external storage. There was nothing on my phone except twrp, supersu, taparalk and the 1.2 zip

• RikRong likes this

#147 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting this.  It's happened on every ROM I've tried to flash.  I've tried all kinds of things, even a new card, and nothing.  Looks like Fastboot and stock or CM ROM for now. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#148 dreamjaeil

dreamjaeil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt907

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

Try using cwm. I used to have storage issue but now I'm running DST without any issue thanks to trying. For now, waiting for elemental X to drop.
  • neckchop likes this

#149 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

I was finally able to install this using tarp 2.3.2.3 without the weird camera/storage issue. In a very roundabout way, and I'm not sure why this works. I installed safe strap 3.12 over twrp. Created a slot, and flashed eclipse 1.2 on to ROM slot 1. I rebooted, set up, and then booted back into safe strap. I made a backup of eclipse. Then I switched back to my stock slot, deleted slot 1, and rebooted. After this, I opened the safe strap apk from my app drawer, and selected uninstall recovery. Deleted the safe strap apk next, and with a file browser deleted the leftover safe strap folder and as folder from my storage. Next step was to boot into twrp, and restore the eclipse backup. It booted right up, no issues whatsoever. Anybody have any ideas why a backup of eclipse will work through twrp, but a clean install will not?

• RikRong likes this

#150 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

I'm thinking that when you backup through SS, it also includes parts of the stock ROM that are needed to allow the aftermarket ROM to work.  I'm not sure why it worked for you though because this is what I did when I first unlocked, but I still had issues with the gallery. 

• neckchop likes this

#151 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

I think you may be right. I also made sure to save all my backups to the ext sdcard, something I hadn't done previously. I'm not sure how that affects things, or if it does at all. I'm just stoked this ROM is finally running!

#152 slogar25

slogar25

• Superuser
  • 43 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

If you were on stock to begin with then that would make sense because safestrap did not flash over the stock boot partition. So the stock kernel and ramdisc were still present

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
  • neckchop likes this
Motorola Droid Razr M

#153 Chvywolf

Chvywolf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:25 AM

I ended up giving your idea a shot neckchop, an it worked like a champ. Load it on slot 1, backup, twrp, wipe everything, restore. So far 24 hours and no hickups. So simple even a caveman can do it haha. Thanks.
  • neckchop and RikRong like this

#154 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

For sure man! Glad it worked.

#155 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

I ended up giving your idea a shot neckchop, an it worked like a champ. Load it on slot 1, backup, twrp, wipe everything, restore. So far 24 hours and no hickups. So simple even a caveman can do it haha. Thanks.

Gallery is good to go?  If this works, looks like I'll also be using Chop's method. 

#156 neckchop

neckchop

pluh!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Locationatlantic City

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

Gallery is good to go?  If this works, looks like I'll also be using Chop's method. 

Still works, yes. :-).
  • RikRong likes this

#157 Chvywolf

Chvywolf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Not giving me any problems at all.

• neckchop and RikRong like this

#158 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

Not giving me any problems at all.

Good stuff, this looks like the route I'm going to take.  I hate using a "band-aid" to get a ROM to run, but you have to do what you have to do.

• neckchop likes this

#159 Deacon

Deacon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

Any Chance of removing the static soft menu key?

#160 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

Any Chance of removing the static soft menu key?

Load the systemui.apk from an older build.
  • neckchop likes this

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users