413 replies to this topic

#201 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:45 PM

It is still alpha, it's not even beta yet. No where close to being stable. But for being alpha it is pretty darn stable. There will be bugs, and they are slowly being worked out.

Yep, I know. Not complaining. Just confirming that I'm experiencing the same issue as another user. At this point, this ROM is very impressive, even being in an alpha stage. Total daily driver material for me.

#202 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 06 December 2014 - 11:00 PM

Updated posted, 12-7-14 build

• Zeljko1234 and figure9 like this

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#203 niksy

niksy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:16 AM

ok got it to work after hours of trials and error. steps i took some might be un-needed but thats how i got it to load.
using TWRP 2.8.2.0
1. wipe all but sd card (advance wipe)
2. format data, cache, and system to f2fs (advance wipe)
3. delete folder (media) and files (.layout_version) in the "/data" folder using advance then file manager at TWRP home screen (media folder and ".layout_version" are the only thing i see on mine)
4. repair data (under wipe, advance wipe)
5. loaded 20141205, gapps, and superSU.2.37 all at once (it will fail)
6. wipe all but sd card
7. loaded 20141205, gapps, and superSU.2.37 all at once
8. reboot

These are the exact steps I followed when trying to flash dhacker's 05/12 build a dozen time - it never got pass the wifi screen in the setup. Then I tried flashing BlissPop 06/12 and it booted on the first try. So, yeah, I'm on that train now and loving the dark theme :)

#204 ntphat

ntphat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:@ntphat412
  • LocationVietnam
  • Current Device(s):Atrix HD

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:24 AM

Why not give a chance jbbl? Is it too hard?

#205 alexalexalex

alexalexalex

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:56 AM

why I turn on wifi and the phone hangs and goes into reboot and even when the lock screen is also restarts?

#206 figure9

figure9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWV
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR Maxx HD, Nexus 7 (2012 Wi-Fi)

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:12 AM

After reading all of the issues, it seems Lollipop is trouble for some and not for others (I have no idea why this is). I am having no issues flashing or booting and setting up using TWRP 2.8.2.0. While others can't even get it to boot. Check out what dhacker said about this (he is the man when it comes to moto_msm8960)

Read

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

lol

This has been bothering like crazy...

to try and narrow down where the issue could be (device specific, carrier, recovery, gremlins, etc.).

Was your flash successful, or did you want to beat your head off of a soft-bricked wall (see what I did there...)? 

#207 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

Not sure if any of you guys/gals that are running the 12/6 build are experiencing this, but here's what I have observed: Some of my Google apps (namely Search, Music, Text-to-Speech, Google+, and Maps) show up in Google Play as needing an update. I update them all, but after a reboot, they show up again as needing an update. I wonder if that has anything to do with this build being updated from Android 5.0 to 5.0.1 Not sure if this bug still exists on the 12/7 build, because I haven't loaded that yet.

#208 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:19 PM

Why not give a chance jbbl? Is it too hard?

Unless jbbl gets a cm12 branch and gets updated for lollipop, there is nothing i can do. Update your bootloader to KK.
  • ntphat likes this

#209 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:19 PM

Not sure if any of you guys/gals that are running the 12/6 build are experiencing this, but here's what I have observed: Some of my Google apps (namely Search, Music, Text-to-Speech, Google+, and Maps) show up in Google Play as needing an update. I update them all, but after a reboot, they show up again as needing an update. I wonder if that has anything to do with this build being updated from Android 5.0 to 5.0.1 Not sure if this bug still exists on the 12/7 build, because I haven't loaded that yet.

Check OP for updated GApps

Also, it looks like DHacker is no longer working with CM12, he has moved on to AOSP here is his latest

• Mattchewey, Slickademo and Not_A_Dev like this

#210 eric1743

eric1743

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:24 PM

Using HeyBuddy's advice I was able to clean flash 12-07 first time no problem. I slimmed down the process though. (Still on 2.8.1)

1. Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> All except microSD
  2. Advanced -> File Manager -> Delete /data/.layout_version
  3. Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Rebuild /data Partition
  4. Install -> CM, Gapps, SuperSu
  5. Boot

Your mileage may vary.

#211 alexalexalex

alexalexalex

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:58 PM

phone xt926..TWRP 2.8.2.0 clearing the internal storage,cache,data,have installed firmware .after the starting and not work wi-fi and bluetooth. :( why I turn on wifi and the phone hangs and goes into reboot and even when the lock screen is also restarts?

return to official 4.4.2 everything works,why is it so?

#212 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

Check OP for updated GApps

Thanks. That fixed it.

#213 heybuddy

heybuddy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR HD, NEXUS 5

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

Is there anyway to get some incite on the new releases? would like to see the progress your making along the way. keep it up love that bliss pop intro.

#214 niksy

niksy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:08 AM

Is there anyway to get some incite on the new releases? would like to see the progress your making along the way. keep it up love that bliss pop intro.

What happened to the BlissPop thread, though? I found one in the Razr M forum the other day, but now I can't see it anywhere? :/ Enjoying the 6th of December BlissPop build and planning to update in a build or two :)

#215 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:46 AM

What happened to the BlissPop thread, though? I found one in the Razr M forum the other day, but now I can't see it anywhere? :/ Enjoying the 6th of December BlissPop build and planning to update in a build or two :)

Never was one lol. I will have one tonight though. I think it's had enough testing and ready for an official release.
  • Slickademo and niksy like this

#216 kc69

kc69

Droid Elite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Google+:kcmj6969@gmail.com
  • LocationEast Bernard TEXAS
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:50 AM

So far the best alpha I've ever ran. I'm pretty sure my only problem is a string or a hardware issue. When on a call it seems like my earpiece is down in a hole. Speakerphone works fine as does headset. Just the phone speaker on front has very low volume almost like its down inside the phone somewhere. Do these phones have any history of the speaker coming loose? Or could it be a button I've pushed?
TEXAS state of mind

#217 niksy

niksy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:02 AM

Never was one lol. I will have one tonight though. I think it's had enough testing and ready for an official release.

Must've missread some thread title or something... Can we perhaps expect a fresh build, too?

Issues I'm currently experiencing are bluetooth not working (is it just me, though?) and not being able to switch mobile data to any mode other than Global. Can't get it on 2G only no way... What ever mode other than "GSM/WCDMA preferred" (which show preferred network mode as Global) I select it ends up with no service and preferred network set as LTE :mellow

#218 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:29 AM

Must've missread some thread title or something... Can we perhaps expect a fresh build, too?

Issues I'm currently experiencing are bluetooth not working (is it just me, though?) and not being able to switch mobile data to any mode other than Global. Can't get it on 2G only no way... What ever mode other than "GSM/WCDMA preferred" (which show preferred network mode as Global) I select it ends up with no service and preferred network set as LTE :mellow

Yes there will be a fresh build. Got a bunch of stuff added in the past few days. Bluetooth had been working fine for me though.
  • grnsl2, Fr3d_ and niksy like this

#219 j37hr0

j37hr0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:15 PM

put up an AOSP build less features, less bugs. I'm downloading now.

#220 Zeljko1234

Zeljko1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Atrix 4G, Nexus 7, LG G Pad 8.3

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

Flashed BlissPop today, so far so good. I like dark theme, could you do the same to for apps drawer?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moto_msm8960, lollipop, cm12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users