Slickademo

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:05 PM

Anyone know how to get Verizon Visual Voicemail working? I assume it's a matter of downloading 5.0 compatible apk and installing zip via recovery. I tried installing 4.4.2 zip and that did not work. Also tried installing Titanium Backup didn't work either. I honestly didn't expect either to work but figured it was worth a shot.

FYI Battery Life is drastically improved and phone is much faster running 11/22 rom with 11/22 Gapps and SuperSu 2.27.

Any info on xposed installer and more importantly Gravity Box I miss some of the functions.

Lastly JRummy Rom Toolbox will not install. JRummy Root Browser Installed no problem, but Toolbox Keeps getting error.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I had ROM Toolbox pro working on the last build, not the newest one though. I'm sure I'll all get worked out soon enough.

#62 Capt14k

Capt14k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:43 AM

Titanium itself works fine I meant I tried re-installing Visual Voicemail with a Titanium Backup and it didn't work.  Sorry for any confusion I may have caused regarding Titanium Backup

#63 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:06 AM

Titanium itself works fine I meant I tried re-installing Visual Voicemail with a Titanium Backup and it didn't work. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused regarding Titanium Backup

I must have misread what you wrote. Yes verizon apps won't work on custom roms, they will only work on stock or stock based roms.

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#64 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:52 AM

Update posted, build 11-23-14

#65 Capt14k

Capt14k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:13 AM

What is the difference between kitstalk releases and dhacker29 releases?

Also tried installing Rom Toolbox Pro again and it completely FUBARed my phone lost service completely.  Re-booted multiple times and nothing.  Pulled Sim and Re-booted to get service back.  Then wiped cache and dalvik cache in CWM Recovery and everything seems to be good again.  Took forever to re-boot after wiping Dalvik Cache.

Being that Lollipop is Art based when dirty flashing nightlies does Dalvik need to be wiped or just Cache in CWM or neither?

Lastly I have seen working Verizon Visual Voicemail apks for 4.3 and 4.4.2 that are for custom roms and installed via recovery.  Any chance of this happening for 5.0?  If so any idea where to look for apk have searched and searched I really miss Visual Voicemail and I need it for my work.

• dedik46 likes this

#66 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:22 AM

What is the difference between kitstalk releases and dhacker29 releases?

Also tried installing Rom Toolbox Pro again and it completely FUBARed my phone lost service completely.  Re-booted multiple times and nothing.  Pulled Sim and Re-booted to get service back.  Then wiped cache and dalvik cache in CWM Recovery and everything seems to be good again.  Took forever to re-boot after wiping Dalvik Cache.

Being that Lollipop is Art based when dirty flashing nightlies does Dalvik need to be wiped or just Cache in CWM or neither?

Lastly I have seen working Verizon Visual Voicemail apks for 4.3 and 4.4.2 that are for custom roms and installed via recovery.  Any chance of this happening for 5.0?  If so any idea where to look for apk have searched and searched I really miss Visual Voicemail and I need it for my work.

KitStalk is a completely different rom and it is 4.4.4. Flashing an update, you should only need to wipe cache, there is no dalvik in L. If the app works in 4.3 and 4.4.2 custom roms and flashed via recovery, it was l probably a hacked version to work with custom roms, plus it more than likely wont work on ART.

#67 Capt14k

Capt14k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:35 AM

When I said kitstalk I meant what is the difference between the CM12 releases at kitstalk.com and dhacker29?  Sorry for the ignorance in terminology I am still new to this.

#68 Trvesty

Trvesty

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR M

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:58 AM

The ROM is download as test.tar is it suppose to do that?

#69 Trvesty

Trvesty

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR M

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:59 AM

The ROM is downloading as test.tar is it suppose to do that?

#70 Capt14k

Capt14k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:18 PM

The ROM is downloading as test.tar is it suppose to do that?

No .  Should download as .zip  Which site are you downloading from?  Is dev-host I had to choose the download link in the middle with the black background and white lettering

#71 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:47 PM

Dhacker uploads his to dev-host, i upload mine to my server. Main difference is i update mine more often, same source and everything. I just do daily updates.
  • Joseberga likes this

#72 Capt14k

Capt14k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:07 PM

Dhacker uploads his to dev-host, i upload mine to my server. Main difference is i update mine more often, same source and everything. I just do daily updates.

Thank you for the clarifications and information and of course thank you for all the hard work.  I was happy to see power menu options were back (reboot: reboot, soft reboot, recovery, ect).  Anyway to add navigation rings, lock rings, and more status bar tweaks like in GravityBox?  

#73 KFTheTruth

KFTheTruth

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:@KFTheTruth
  • LocationNorth America
  • Current Device(s):SGP Blackphone & Razr HD Maxx xt926

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:54 PM

No . Should download as .zip Which site are you downloading from? Is dev-host I had to choose the download link in the middle with the black background and white lettering

Weird. I'm getting a dev host too

#74 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:56 AM

on nprevette version:

Settings - Display - Advanced doesnt work

Incoming call crashed my phone once so far....

• dvgb131 likes this

#75 Capt14k

Capt14k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:42 AM

Speakerphone is not useable on either build.  It works but person your talking to can't understand what you are saying.  My guess is it has something to do with the in call "boost" function.  Hopefully that can be fixed soon because it is really the only thing holding me back from it being my everyday ROM.  Battery life is much better than the last Stock Build.  

#76 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

Speakerphone seems to be working albeit a little noisey maybe....

Battery Saver doesnt work.

#77 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:52 PM

Speakerphone is not useable on either build. It works but person your talking to can't understand what you are saying. My guess is it has something to do with the in call "boost" function. Hopefully that can be fixed soon because it is really the only thing holding me back from it being my everyday ROM. Battery life is much better than the last Stock Build.

Speakerphone works fine for me, just used it a little bit ago.

#78 Capt14k

Capt14k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

Speakerphone works fine for me, just used it a little bit ago.

Speakerphone works but every person I spoke to says its very distorted.  Switched to Stock today and no problems with people understanding me on speakerphone

#79 Not_A_Dev

Not_A_Dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:12 PM

General impressions of this ROM after a week: Lollipop does two things WAY BETTER than KitKat. (1) RAM management. On my xt926 KitKat would leave me with about 150MB to 180MB of RAM on stock. On CM 12, I have routinely 300MB-340MB of RAM available which on a device with only 1 GB is a big deal. (2) Much better battery life than on KitKat. I can now use this device for 2 full days again without having to charge (just like in the good 'ole JB days).

#80 motogun

motogun

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:29 PM

for the latest updates, now I can not do shutdown

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moto_msm8960, lollipop, cm12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users